Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73

Author Topic: The Cataclysm games thread.  (Read 104523 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Cataclysm games thread.
« Reply #735 on: July 10, 2022, 11:37:22 am »

Yeah that's an issue.

Honestly, perfectly consistent with their tendency to downplay mods these days, moreso third-party mods but they've had strong opinions about "this is how the game is meant to be played" before.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2022, 03:16:53 am »

That all seems very vague is there a away to get the raw numbers that dictate those things back?
Yeah it's optional.
That's good to hear, also do we know what it considers the hardest difficulty?
"Punish me more": Monsters are 50% tougher, 20% faster, and spawn 3x more. Items are half as likely to spawn.
That's it I was expecting more 3x spawns isn't that bad, I was expecting more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2022, 07:41:48 am »

Yeah that's an issue.

Honestly, perfectly consistent with their tendency to downplay mods these days, moreso third-party mods but they've had strong opinions about "this is how the game is meant to be played" before.
TBH, the policy is that mods that don't radically change the setting or gameplay get mainlined.

And actually, this experimental cycle saw quite a few in-repo mods that do change the setting or gameplay get added. CRIT got reworked into another mod that was more stylistically consistent instead of a bunch of random crap but that's a positive.

That all seems very vague is there a away to get the raw numbers that dictate those things back?
Yeah it's optional.
That's good to hear, also do we know what it considers the hardest difficulty?
"Punish me more": Monsters are 50% tougher, 20% faster, and spawn 3x more. Items are half as likely to spawn.
That's it I was expecting more 3x spawns isn't that bad, I was expecting more.
The increase in stats makes up for it, TBH. Monster speed is very dangerous.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 12, 2022, 05:28:32 am »

Increasing the creatures HP has always seemed kind of gamey to me, but the speed changes those are the real challenge right there.

If I remember right 30X zombie spawns with 100% faster running, is pretty much like 28 Days Later in the middle of a big city and as soon as they notice you you're already dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 12, 2022, 09:09:06 am »

This made me think, i usually like playing with old movie style zombies : slower than player but making the difference with numbers.
But even when i had them slightly slower than the player, the feral zombies were a huge threat when i wasn't yet well equipped

I never played with zombies being actually faster than the player (i mean setting their speed superior to 100%) , i remember some zombies (feral i think) being still faster than the player and when not yet well equipped that was a big threat.

I wonder how the game must be if you set the zombie speed to more than 100%, whole hordes sprinting faster than you must be something utterly insane.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #740 on: July 14, 2022, 06:25:16 pm »

Are naval warships in any of the versions of Cataclysm?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #741 on: July 14, 2022, 09:07:54 pm »

(removed the offsite person that showed up and a few posts surrounding that - continue to veer away from drama and such and all will be well)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 14, 2022, 09:46:25 pm »

Thanks, hope things continue to go aight here. To get back on track...

Are naval warships in any of the versions of Cataclysm?

There's a military amphibious lander in both versions if I recall, the DUKW or something like that? Other than that, not much. I've been tempted to add something in that vein to Tankmod: Revived but I've yet to find a type of boat to base it off of that is:
1. Reasonably common in US Navy use in terms of number made. At least 50 made, ideally 100+
2. Has at least one 25mm autocannon in its listed armament since that's what I'd want it to help showcase, maybe 30mm if I'm willing to split the autocannon into 25mm and 30mm like I have for 105mm vs. 120mm, but it's hard to justify doing that since 105mm is already only really excused because there's just barely enough different sorts of armored vehicles in the mod to excuse the split.
3. Is small enough that the player would be reasonably justified in being able to crew, and so that a realistic-looking mockup of it in the vehicle system won't look way too huge to be able to travel by river.

Even patrol boats seem likely to fall afoul of problems 1 and 3, Mark IVs for example have 25mm autocannons so no need to worry about ammo split, but quick wiki-fu says there's only 12 of them and they're big enough to have a crew of 10. So even patrol boat size is pushing the limits of what might be reasonable to drop in the player's lap and expect to treat as a floating deathmobile.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 14, 2022, 10:48:51 pm »

Theoretically, the game could have a Naval Vessel belonging to the Federalists off shore. That would be cool

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 15, 2022, 12:32:19 am »

What about the aircraft carrier that they recently added to the game?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 15, 2022, 01:34:51 am »

What about the aircraft carrier that they recently added to the game?

To my knowledge that's a location/overmap special technically, in the same vein as the wrecked ship that has the razorclaws. Given the latter has been in for much longer I'd guessed that Lidku was more curious about fleshed out aquatic vehicles, but most relevant locations in the form of static ships could be interesting too.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 15, 2022, 08:19:04 am »

Yeah, the aircraft carrier is just a location (and a well-designed and fun one at that), you can't take control of it or anything. I did hear something about big barges being planned to be added. Would be a cool mobile base location.

Also I wonder what the offsite person said.

Theoretically, the game could have a Naval Vessel belonging to the Federalists off shore. That would be cool
That's the plan... when the ocean is added.

As for myself... I have wanted to become a contributor for a while now, and I finally settled on what I want to add: more variants for buildings, because the interiors feel a bit cut-and-pastey sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 08:44:54 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #747 on: July 17, 2022, 02:59:41 pm »

(removed much of the ~July 3 drama as it was continuing to cause problems elsewhere)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 17, 2022, 03:39:22 pm »

(removed much of the ~July 3 drama as it was continuing to cause problems elsewhere)

Hmm, I'm curious where. :/
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 17, 2022, 09:26:32 pm »

Yikes lol.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73