Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)  (Read 32502 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Multitask (seeking new players)
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2021, 08:51:44 am »

Ok so how does this sound

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)

You guys are right, the growth thing is way OP, what was I thinking  :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:12:37 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2021, 06:55:32 pm »

Ok so how does this sound

You guys are right, the growth thing is way OP, what was I thinking  :P

That looks fine. You may post your action now.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2021, 07:45:41 pm »

Could use some goals.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2021, 10:22:20 pm »

Could use some goals.
... I knew there was something missing!

Yes. What Devastator said. It needs some goals.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2021, 12:15:05 pm »

Added some goals.

Float in the direction of the nearest clear patch of ground.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2021, 09:59:39 pm »

(Nope.  No idea what you mean by that.  Maybe something for the next character, Hammond just wants to play with dinosaurs, not solve the mysteries of the world.)

(Also, you might have an infestation of drama dice as well.)

"We'll talk if we're both alive in a few days and my island isn't a smoking hole in the ground.  Just let me know who is coming in so I can tell my staff who to trust.  Do you need any intel on the location?"

Follow sussman's lead.  Text Lichtrosen as appropriate with the intel.  (if Lichtrosen survives, reinforcements out of back pocket should impress him, at least.)

Personally, just try to improve my hiding place, including picking up a bottle of water or something in case I need to spend a day in a tree or something.

Bonus to change the +1 to dinosaur genetic research to a more broader one that'll cover making complete genomes from fragments and all genetic modification involving dinosaurs, in case I end up with like birds or something.  Maybe even some mad science potential if necessary.

Only new goal is "Survive this attack with the theme-park goal remaining viable, (Short-Term, ?)"

(The free construction point is applied to the park facilities.)

(Initiative ([secret], Dex, [secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 = 6 vs 4 vs 5 vs 4])
(Initiative tiebreaker (Dex, [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 1])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 3 vs 3])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 3 vs 6])
(Dex vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 4 vs 4])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 4 vs 5])

(CIA travel: [1d6 = 3])

“A few Ospreys,” “Sussman” replies, “the personnel will be wearing black camouflage and CIA patches. As for intel, we’re the C. I. A., intel is what we do. And also, obviously, paramilitary operations, but most of those don’t go into the history books.”

[Texting Lichtrosen: 1d6 = 6]

You text Lichtrosen the news. A few minutes later, your messaging app notifies you that he’s read your text.
You also text the news to the rest of your top-level employees (the only employees on the island at the moment) in order to reassure them. Not the part about how the CIA is coming, or how they’re only coming because you unknowingly called a CIA agent who had been trying to infiltrate your company, just the part about how the cavalry is inbound so don’t panic if you see people in black camouflage.

[Improving hiding place: 1d6 = 3]

You find a water bottle, which was pretty easy since you’re in the canteen.

(Done.)

(Done.)

"We can call it armoks army then."
"Who should be then?" Challenge any challenger to archery duel.

[3d6b1 vs 1d6 = (1, 2, 5)b1 vs 1 = 5 vs 1]

You defeat the first challenger.
Now, by itself this wouldn’t be impressive. After all, you didn’t defeat this challenger in his area of specialty.
Then you defeat the second challenger.
Even this wouldn’t be very impressive. Sure, you did defeat this one in his area of specialty, but archery is only one part of leading an army.
The really impressive part is when you defeat all six dwarves at the same time. After that, the other dwarves are willing to follow your lead, and if you wanted to call it Schlawr’s Army they wouldn’t mind.

"Darn they don't remember."
Use my powers to take one of the animals in to an animal man version of it, then see if talking to it gets different results.

[1d6 = 3]

You create another rat man. However, the rat man is trapped inside a rather cramped cage.

[1d6 = 2]

The rat man doesn’t remember anything more than the other animals did.

You glare balefully at the logo on the wall.

“Fort Dodge Ethological Research Center”. You know that.
An owl carrying a beaker, inside a pentagon. What does that symbolize?
“DOCENDO DISCIMUS”. What does that mean?

(Camouflage backup travel: [1d6 = 3])
(Camouflage requesting more backup: [1d6 = 3])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with five steps higher baseline = 5 with six steps higher baseline vs 6 with five steps higher baseline])

Grab a bo staff from the ground (assuming we're in/near a dojo or Steve has some lying around) and attack Hanop with the weapon.

[1d6 = 5]

Steve have weapon. Hanop have weapon. Bulk punch hard, but Bulk need weapon. Bulk look around, and see bo staff. Bulk pick up bo staff.
Bulk realize: Bulk know how to use bo staff. Looks like Bulk did learn ninja from ninja training.

Initiative (Bulk, Steve, Hanop): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 vs 1d6+2 = 5 vs 1+2 vs 1+2 = 5 vs 3 vs 3]
Initiative tiebreaker (Steve, Hanop): [1d6+2 vs 1d6+2 = 5+2 vs 4+2 = 7 vs 6]

For split second, Hanop look like Hanop moving in slow motion. Bulk see where to hit Hanop. Bulk adjust weapon in hand…

Bulk vs Hanop: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 5 with two steps higher baseline vs 2 with two steps higher baseline]

… and swing, and hit Hanop in chest hard enough to dent the armor, leaving Hanop gasping for breath and almost knocked off horse.

Steve vs Hanop: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 3 with two steps higher baseline vs 1 with two steps higher baseline]

Steve leap to his feet and throw ninja metal at Hanop’s foot. Ninja metal go through gap in leg armor and hit Hanop. “All strength and no skill, is he? Looks like someone forgot that they’re both important!

Hanop vs Steve: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 3 with two steps higher baseline vs 2 with two steps higher baseline]

Hanop swing sword at Steve, but Hanop barely cut Steve.

Added some goals.

Float in the direction of the nearest clear patch of ground.

[1d6 = 4]

Using your… uh… maple seed powers, you float towards a nearby clear patch of ground, and soon arrive over it.

Spoiler: Charsheets (click to show/hide)

Devastator: I was talking about the mystery of “who’s attacking your island?”.
Secretdorf: Impressive archery skills.
King Zultan: To be clear, the logo is purely symbolic. It’s not a clue to look for owls or anything like that, it’s a logo that I made because I liked how it looked in my head.
Horizon: Looks like the rolls are shifting in your favor.
chaotic skies: Impressive… uh… maple seed powers.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2021, 11:58:49 pm »

We call it armok and schlawrs army.
Equip soldiers with armor and weapons from the stockpile.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2021, 02:10:13 am »

Hide away.  Try to make my way vaguely towards the helipad so I can hear the reinforcements coming.  Keep an eye out for any hostiles

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2021, 04:46:50 am »

"What the hell does DOCENDO DISCIMUS mean?"
Let the new rat man out of the cage and see if any of the three rat men know what those words mean, also look over the cages and see what animals are inside them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2021, 09:22:00 am »

Convene with the plants around me. Is there anything I can learn from them, or are they merely dumb plants?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2021, 10:53:29 am »

Bulk nodded at his Sensai's words, feeling content with his praise (in his mind it was a praise) so yet again he used the opportunity to strike Hanop with the bo staff while the knight was momentarily defenseless.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2021, 02:49:37 am »

We call it armok and schlawrs army.
Equip soldiers with armor and weapons from the stockpile.

[1d6 = 1]

The stockpile is empty, as it turns out. Your soldiers have weapons, but no armor, and to get any more of either of those will require new metalworking efforts.

Hide away.  Try to make my way vaguely towards the helipad so I can hear the reinforcements coming.  Keep an eye out for any hostiles

(Initiative ([secret], Dex, [secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 vs 1d6 = 5 vs 2 vs 5 vs 3])
(Initiative tiebreaker ([secret], [secret]): [1d6 vs 1d6 = 6 vs 5])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 6 vs 2])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 5 vs 2])
([secret] vs Dex: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 1])
(Dex vs [secret]: [1d6 vs 1d6 = 2 vs 3])

(CIA travel: [1d6 = 6])

[Travel: 1d6 = 4]

Staying low to the ground, you make your way to the helipad, taking care to give the warehouses a wide berth. You arrive at the helipad without any trouble; it seems that the attackers are few in number. Well. That wasn’t too bad.

"What the hell does DOCENDO DISCIMUS mean?"
Let the new rat man out of the cage and see if any of the three rat men know what those words mean, also look over the cages and see what animals are inside them.

[1d6 = 5]

You look at the cage’s door. It’s a simple thing with a latch surrounded by a metal plate to keep a rat from sticking a paw through the bars and opening the door from the inside. You are on the outside, however, and so you easily open the door.

None of the rat men know what those words mean.

In terms of animals, it’s a whole menagerie in the cages.

(Camouflage first backup travel: [1d6 = 4])
(Camouflage second backup travel: [1d6 = 6])
(Camouflage requesting even more backup: [1d6 = 5] [1d6 = 6] [1d6 = 2])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with five steps higher baseline = 3 with six steps higher baseline vs 2 with five steps higher baseline])

Convene with the plants around me. Is there anything I can learn from them, or are they merely dumb plants?

[1d6+1 = 5+1 = 6]

Those things, unfortunately, are not mutually exclusive. They are willing to share some tips for how to adapt to the specific conditions in this area, but they do not seem to be aware of the fact that those tips are only helpful to plants of the same species.

Bulk nodded at his Sensai's words, feeling content with his praise (in his mind it was a praise) so yet again he used the opportunity to strike Hanop with the bo staff while the knight was momentarily defenseless.

Initiative (Bulk, Steve, Hanop): [1d6 vs 1d6+2 vs 1d6+2 = 6 vs 1+2 vs 3+2 = 6 vs 3 vs 5]

Bulk vs Hanop: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 4 vs 6]

Bulk strike at Hanop with bo staff, but Hanop parry with sword.

Hanop vs Steve: [1d6 with two steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with two steps higher baseline = 6 vs 1]

Hanop cut Steve in chest again, and Steve fall backward.

Steve’s chest rise and fall.

Hanop turn towards Bulk.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2021, 05:27:41 am »

"Sorry about that."
Get a dog from the cage and make a dog man from it then search around a part of the lab I haven't looked in yet to see if I can find any info about what was going on sitting around in desks or cabinets.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 08, 2021, 01:35:41 am »

(Sorry Dex.)

Continue hiding, waiting for reinforcements.  Keep an eye out for anyone coming out of the warehouse.  Think over what was in the warehouse.. was it a target, or was it just some kind of coincidence?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2021, 02:11:19 am »

"Sorry about that."
Get a dog from the cage and make a dog man from it then search around a part of the lab I haven't looked in yet to see if I can find any info about what was going on sitting around in desks or cabinets.

[1d6 = 2]

You search around the room, but even after a few minutes of searching you don’t find any dogs. Well, it’s a big room; you haven’t searched all of it. Who knows, maybe there’s some separate dog room elsewhere.

[1d6 = 5]
[Knowledge: Nothing new, nothing new, nothing new, nothing new, “Russia”, “Double Explosion”: 1d6 = 2 = nothing new]

You don’t find anything where you search except trivialities like receipts for animal food. That’s probably to be expected; the people in camouflage must’ve searched this place a lot more thoroughly than you did.

(Camouflage first backup travel: [1d6 = 2])
(Camouflage second backup travel: [1d6 = 4])
(Camouflage third backup travel: [1d6 = 2])
(Camouflage vs Blue: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with six steps higher baseline = 6 with six steps higher baseline vs 3 with six steps higher baseline])
(Blue vs Camouflage: [1d6 with six steps higher baseline vs 1d6 with six steps higher baseline = 6 with six steps higher baseline vs 4 with six steps higher baseline])

(Sorry Dex.)

Continue hiding, waiting for reinforcements.  Keep an eye out for anyone coming out of the warehouse.  Think over what was in the warehouse.. was it a target, or was it just some kind of coincidence?

(CIA travel: [1d6 = 5])

Looking out towards the ocean, in the direction of the Venezuelan coast, you see them. Two airplanes, approaching your island just a few hundred meters above sea level, both of them decelerating. As they grow closer, you see that both of them are Ospreys, like “Sussman” said. One of them slows to a stop above you and begins descending, while the other one continues on to the warehouse area.

([secret]: [1d6 = 1])
([secret]: [1d6 = 6])
([secret]: [1d6 = 3])

(It is afternoon.)
As you look in the direction of the warehouse area, you begin to ponder whether there’s any significance to the location of the battle.
(It’s a beautiful day outside.)
However, you soon dismiss that thought.
(Birds are singing.)
You don’t know which warehouses the battle took place near, even if you did you wouldn’t know what is in them, and regardless there shouldn’t be anything that could be a target in any of the warehouses.
(Flowers are blooming.)
After all, the genetics equipment and notes are in the genetics laboratory in the United States.
(On days like these,)
No, far more likely that the warehouses were simply the place where Dex made his valiant stand.
(industrialists like yourself-)
… wait. Why are you thinking of the battle in past tense?
(-have stopped hearing gunshots.)

Well. Sorry, Dex, indeed.
The plane lands.
One and a half dozen people in black camouflage armed with various military-grade weaponry exit the plane and begin to fan out across the island, while six more stay behind with the plane.
You carefully and politely introduce yourself, and two minutes or so after you do, one of the CIA agents touches his hand to his ear.
“Mr. Hammond? We’ve found Mr. Lichtrosen. He’s seriously injured, but not life-threateningly so.”
… well, what do you know!

Dex Lichtrosen fought three hostiles to a standstill, taking severe injuries in the process. One doesn’t come out of something like that without learning a thing or two. Dex gains a higher baseline for all actions related to his position as head of security.

END CRISIS? I don’t think there’s anything you can do now to affect things in the short term.

So uh… where is everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18