Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 63901 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Day 1 Sounds the Alarm
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2020, 07:31:44 pm »

Another thing is a bit obvious. exterminators can get access to assassins. So that is 6 kills, and 3/6 left. If skipped, this game has a high chance of ending then and there with none of us the victor.

Rather obviously, I have Intel.

I only get roles, not alignment last I checked.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2020, 07:32:30 pm »

Another thing is a bit obvious. exterminators can get access to assassins. So that is 6 kills, and 3/6 left. If skipped, this game has a high chance of ending then and there with none of us the victor.

Rather obviously, I have Intel.

I only get roles, not alignment last I checked.
So what makes you so convinced there are dopps at all?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2020, 07:34:34 pm »

3 DOPPELGANGER PODS HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED IN THE STATION CARGO BAYS.

3 eggs, 3 dopps. Unless of course we were lied to. Reguardless, once all three Dopps are killed, I'm going to lynch our employer Mep.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2020, 07:37:29 pm »

All: Who is excited?

I am very excited.

TricMagic, Luckyowl, heydude6, juicebox, IcyTea31: I don't know anything about any of you so tell me what I should think about you and why I should believe your own self assessment.

ToonyMan, you were in the previous two Bastard Paranormals and since they were ten and eight years ago I'm sure you have a perfect recollection of them. What clues about the bastardness of this game might those two games suggest?

Also, been a while, nice to see you again, etc. etc.

Shakerag, you were also in the last Bastard Paranormal. wtf is going on? Also stop working and play mafia.

Green, why did you not ask 4maskwolf a question? Wanting our tech lists is pretty sus, as there is a daykill option in there. Perfect for dopps to use to destroy others.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2020, 07:38:28 pm »

Everybody who claimed Exterminator should also claim their tech choices.

Wouldn't it be nice reveal yours first before asking us? With my best guess, I know you, Icytea31, 4maskwolf, and me all chose Intel. I'm not keen on revealing my mediun tech as I it will only help the 3 dopp Exterminators and quite frankly you're on that list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2020, 07:44:02 pm »

Wouldn't it be nice reveal yours first before asking us? With my best guess, I know you, Icytea31, 4maskwolf, and me all chose Intel. I'm not keen on revealing my mediun tech as I it will only help the 3 dopp Exterminators and quite frankly you're on that list.
Here's the thing. We actually all can win if we all die, and I'd be willing to set that up. The problem is that someone is going to have to be the one that everyone trusts, and frankly, I doubt everyone is going to trust me.

Unvote. So, I'd like everyone to change the plan. Please vote for three people in Green who we believe the most in to make that possible. For obvious reasons, you cannot vote yourself.

As such, I trust 4maskwolf and Luckyowl. As a final third pick, I will also pick ToonyMan, because I know if he fucked us over, it'd be funniest.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2020, 07:50:42 pm »

I didn't claim Exterminator though.

But you're right that I am one and that I also picked Intel. I haven't chosen the Medium tech slot yet.

Green, why did you not ask 4maskwolf a question?

Who the hell is Green?

I didn't feel like asking him a question at the start of the game.

Wanting our tech lists is pretty sus, as there is a daykill option in there. Perfect for dopps to use to destroy others.

The point of requesting for tech choice claims was to feel out why people were so certain everybody was an Exterminator and I basically got the answers I expected.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2020, 07:53:48 pm »

plan

This assumes that everybody has the same Exterminator win condition and everybody believes it. Do you believe your win condition?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2020, 08:05:02 pm »

The Monitor
4maskwolf: Jim Groovester, TricMagic
TricMagic: 4maskwolf

Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2020, 08:06:39 pm »

plan

This assumes that everybody has the same Exterminator win condition and everybody believes it. Do you believe your win condition?
If I didn't, there would be nothing to believe, and we'd be headless chickens.

It's also why I don't trust you. I do trust 4maskwolf, because it'd be only something an Intel Ex would say. I'm also doing this because it's the only way I'd actually win, because no way I win an 11-Ex standoff.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2020, 08:09:57 pm »

plan

I'll even willingly lynch myself first.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2020, 08:26:23 pm »

plan

One big problem with this line of thought: if there are hidden wincons or other exterminators with different wincons, those with "all others must die" wincons like web and I were screwed from the start.  The only way for us to viably win would be what web is suggesting, a TPK where everyone, including ourselves, dies, because otherwise we're playing russian roulette with five barrels loaded even under optimal conditions.  Anyone with a different wincon would need very little effort in order to screw up such a TPK (a simple stun bomb would do, a medium tech slot even someone like me could still get) and so the only way we have of viably winning... isn't.

So, basically, for everyone with the "all others must die" wincon, there's a choice to be made: believe that the setup is a very weird form of the prisoners dilemma, or believe that the game was unwinnable from the start.  I choose to believe the former, because if it's the latter there's really no continued point in me being here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2020, 08:32:10 pm »

plan

Also, I read back through the last couple bastard paranormals, and they aren't Smstr w/ love; everyone knew their wincon from the start, even if there was a wrinkle that made it slightly misleading (in BP 1 there was an actual dopp who'd infiltrated a training session and the wincon of the town was to lynch that dopp rather than fake dopps the flavor would lead you to believe).

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2020, 09:22:56 pm »

plan

You could disbelieve it, perhaps the win-con is the complete opposite of what was given to us. Maybe the goal is to survive a night without having any of us die. With 11 players, keeping the paranoia under control would be a challenge worthy of a mafia game.

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

That's why I want to vote No-lynch. In addition to this being my hypothesized win-condition, I also believe doing this is our best way of finding out if there is a hidden dop team after all. Dops must kill, for that is their twisted nature, but the 'termies as I shall now call us have the capability to exercise some self-control. I believe this is worth looking into since the opening does say that there 3 dops.

Even if I turn out to be wrong, we can always try the mass-suicide strat next day. If webadict's wincon theory is right (ie. a posthumous victory is possible), then we don't actually all have to die at the same time. 3 of us could die day 2, 4 could die day 3, and the remaining 4 will have a much easier time pulling off a MAD.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2020, 10:42:18 pm »

plan

You could disbelieve it, perhaps the win-con is the complete opposite of what was given to us. Maybe the goal is to survive a night without having any of us die. With 11 players, keeping the paranoia under control would be a challenge worthy of a mafia game.

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

That's why I want to vote No-lynch. In addition to this being my hypothesized win-condition, I also believe doing this is our best way of finding out if there is a hidden dop team after all. Dops must kill, for that is their twisted nature, but the 'termies as I shall now call us have the capability to exercise some self-control. I believe this is worth looking into since the opening does say that there 3 dops.

Even if I turn out to be wrong, we can always try the mass-suicide strat next day. If webadict's wincon theory is right (ie. a posthumous victory is possible), then we don't actually all have to die at the same time. 3 of us could die day 2, 4 could die day 3, and the remaining 4 will have a much easier time pulling off a MAD.
I'm not okay with No Lynching, because that means we're not thinking. I'm planning to give all my tech to the person with the most green votes, and if you choose not to, you should absolutely be voted out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62