Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 124259 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #600 on: February 27, 2023, 12:10:56 pm »

Finding new locations is a mix of percentage explored and random chance. For percentage explored, the moment your inner arrives at the location, before they do the adventure task, the percentage goes up and at a certain point an event will fire saying that they found a new location; they'll continue with the adventure task at this point. Randomly, the adventure event will be "Search for secluded spots", which can reveal a new site. Even if it fails, or there's no sites left to uncover through exploration, they'll still get a small chunk of Inspiration.

You can also find locations via manuals. Early in my current run, I found a manual that revealed every location in Mt. Shu, which is great because that opened up a source of Earth Flux, one of the most useful max qi boosters.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 27, 2023, 04:03:33 pm »

Starting the game up again with the goal of actually beating the sects this time.
No funny business here, no siree. You can totally start with 7 dudes and basically every single one of the perks normally.

E: Messed up the first time in forgetting to set the map settings (aka, map size and starting relic) so took some time figuring it out and transferred the dudes I spent half a hour rolling to a proper size map.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 05:01:42 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 27, 2023, 06:18:21 pm »

Pro-tip for talismans: set the graphics settings to low before you draw. It's smoother and the game doesn't judge the result as harshly. A T12 Talisman of Divine Concealment that I couldn't get up past 89% quality became a 99% quality, going from -8.8 Divinity to -12.5. That should be enough to prevent a Shendao from ascending accidentally. Similarly, a T6 Divine Authority at 99% quality is +24 Divinity, helping my Shendao fast-track to a 48 State Divine Realm. Doesn't even really need to mind fast for distress, but I'm going to anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 27, 2023, 07:00:41 pm »

I mean.... at that point just install the perfect talismans mod.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2023, 08:14:47 pm »

Ehh, there is quite a lot to be said for doing something without "cheating", even if you do it a very cheesy way.

That said, yeah, just install the mod. The talisman drawing mini-game is interesting the first or second time, but its much less fun the twentieth time doing the exact same talisman.
Of course some of the stuff it can do is flat out cheating (cough, perfect talismans you don't have the manual for), but mostly its just to reduce the very annoying repetitive tedium.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2023, 10:42:56 pm »

Ehh, there is quite a lot to be said for doing something without "cheating", even if you do it a very cheesy way.

That said, yeah, just install the mod. The talisman drawing mini-game is interesting the first or second time, but its much less fun the twentieth time doing the exact same talisman.
Of course some of the stuff it can do is flat out cheating (cough, perfect talismans you don't have the manual for), but mostly its just to reduce the very annoying repetitive tedium.
Can't you just use the last talisman that you drew?
I mean, yes you have to draw each talisman once, but afterwards you're good.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2023, 12:21:59 am »

You get a -5% penalty on auto-drawn mods compared to your best drawing. Which of course doesn't sound like much, and honestly isn't much at all, but in this type of game even 5% is a meaningful difference. Plus, its also annoying on a deeper level as you know that every single one of those talismans is sub-par.
Finally you have to draw every single talisman not once, but once per game, which if you end up playing a significant amount of games is a pretty significant amount of drawing time and adds up quickly.

If I used the mod to give a mechanical advantage that would be one thing, but all I use it (and many other mods) for is to reduce tedium, which (to me at least) feels completely fine.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 28, 2023, 05:36:22 pm »

Had to go back a couple of autosaves. A wild bull smashed open the Mysterious Cavern's room, which in turn pissed off the now unsuppressed Flood Dragon. Who in turn created a couple of small ponds across the map before I could restore the wall. It wasn't until much later(granted, about 2 days in game) that I noticed one of those ponds popped up right under my crimson fruit tree.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 28, 2023, 05:50:53 pm »

Fun Fact: So, of course you know that tools (pickaxe, axe, ect) are super useful to the point of even being nessassary.
What you may not know is that tool material matters as well.

Tools made of iron are 50% better (1.2 vs 0.8) then those made of wood, and tools made of darksteel or spiritwood are 66% better (2 vs 1.2) then those made of iron.
If you are crazy enough to make a tool out of lumina core or parasol timber then you get even better tools (3 vs 2).

For most non-crazy people though darksteel tools are what you want.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 03, 2023, 05:13:03 pm »

What makes a good first Natal Talisman for a Primordial Symbols cultivator? I'm kind of disappointed with myself that I didn't get this law earlier. Apparently it's more (over)powerful than a physical cultivator.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 03, 2023, 05:22:15 pm »

I just got the primordial symbols law for the first time too. Had to look up a guide. Does every character give you their stuff if you gift them their favorites at 100 favor? Because wow have I missed out on stuff if that's so.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 03, 2023, 06:45:41 pm »

What makes a good first Natal Talisman for a Primordial Symbols cultivator? I'm kind of disappointed with myself that I didn't get this law earlier. Apparently it's more (over)powerful than a physical cultivator.
Nah, a properly designed physical cult can have 100% qi shield penetration, which means that it doesn't matter if the other cult has literally max 100m qi, its all useless and they die pointlessly without any real chance to fight back.

I haven't really messed around with optimizing a PS cult before though, so I can't say for sure what you want to get for them to be absurd.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 04, 2023, 11:41:20 am »

Had a funny fight the other day.

I took on a sect mission to take down a golden core renegade - figured that I had a golden core myself (albeit a pretty crappy one), plus three supporting inners at core shaping, plus the dog, who had just turned into an adolescent.

Turned out to be way, way easier than expected because, due to the interaction of weapon speed and turn radius, the enemy's weapon just kept going in little circles around one of my guy's weapons (neither being able to hit the other), while all the rest of the fighters (plus dog) just wailed on him.

Ended up winning the fight without losing even a single point of qi.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2023, 08:26:16 am »

Made two save-scummed attempts to fight the Flood Dragon. First attempt, I tried to use a formation, but I have no idea how to use a formation and it fell apart within seconds. The Flood Dragon may or may not have an attack that hits the entire formation at once. I may also have had the the elements reversed. I think the auxiliaries are supposed to feed the pillar; I had it the other way around.

Second attempt went much better, but still not great. Managed to take off one of its arms before eventually collapsing to accumulated damage.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2023, 02:13:16 am »

Yeah, some of (all of??? its been a while) the bosses have AOE attacks, which basically means they hit everyone in the formation at once.
The flood dragon has a couple, but it has one in particular has one thats a doozy.
The Flood Dragon targets all of a single cultivator's Artifacts for 15 seconds[10]. It then consumes a portion of the Artifacts' Max Qi (100% Fire, 25% Earth, 50% all other elements). and causes an explosion of radius 5 (11x11 tiles) surrounding the cultivator, with the damage dealt equal to 1.5% of the Qi consumed and capped to 10% of the cultivator's Max Qi[11]. This means that low Max Qi Artifacts of the Earth element, such as those made with Marble and Jade Bracelets that have been Specter Refined to Tier 12, are preferable during a fight with the Flood Dragon.
Its one of those "Did you specifically look this up? No? Fuck You!" things this game seems to love. (There might be some ingame clue that tells you to avoid hi qi artifacts, but I don't remember for sure if there is).

Since AOE attacks hit everyone that means it bypasses the formation protection bonuses on the formation head, and since its likely a bunch of those dude just have crappy protection themselves, so they take multiple times as much damage as the formation head.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43