Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 125854 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #615 on: March 07, 2023, 05:00:37 am »

Probably wasn't that. What happened was, when a formation falls apart, every in the formation is left near-dead with "Formation Tremors" as a Spirit-based injury.

It happened when I challenged an Ancient Cultivator with 9 million qi. I might have actually won that fight if my main fighters didn't all go near dead at once. I did manage to knock off 5 million of his qi, so it wasn't a total stomp.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 07, 2023, 09:42:40 am »

How useful are formations?

I've fooled around with them a little bit in the past, but my experience mirrors Akura's - my cultivators are all almost instantly KO'd, usually with disastrous consequences.

I suspect I'm either:
1) Setting them up wrong.
2) Need to invest major points in formations on some (all?) of the cultivators involved.
3) Need to find the second-tier formation books, because the basic ones you start the game with are trash.
4) Some / all of the above.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 07, 2023, 05:33:49 pm »

#2 is the big one. Your formation pillar needs to have a good formation score or else the formation instantly collapses and everyone dies.

I typically put the skill way up so I can make big formations without worrying about them collapsing under stress (ideally max it, but of course that's expensive), but if you have a small (eg. 2-5 people) formation you don't need to get to the max at all.
How useful are formations?
Extremely. They allow your high level but combat weak (aka, anyone you haven't invested millions of inspiration points in to max out their protection and artifact mastery skill and that lacks the combat buff items in their inventory) to contribute to the battle both as Qi batteries and as a direct amp to combat strength.

Its been a while, but I remember mine multiplying combat damage by like 3-4 times. Since the bosses have some super moves that take a super long time to charge this speedup can be huge in avoiding people or your base dying.
Formations have weaknesses, notably your dudes can't drop out of combat to grab items to recharge their qi or for any other reason, one low qi dude can be enough to screw your formation over, and AOE attacks are a big threat to them.

At times its meant that I've had to split up my formation so that people can recharge or to avoid AOE attacks that I knew would kill it, but in general they have been both helpful and key in beating bosses.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 08, 2023, 01:14:43 am »

Question - anyone know if an outer's initial stats make any difference when choosing a path?

I mean, I know that a higher compatibility rating is directly connected to having good stats that match the path you choose. But does having the stats specifically when you're making the choice change anything?

The reason I ask is that I just found a spirit relic that gives anyone in the room +40% PER, which seems pretty huge. Unfortunately, due to its restrictions, I don't think I can actually place it in a cultivation room (will probably play around with this more later). I can, however, place it in my outer disciple dining room.

It boosts one of my outer's compatibility with a law from 96% to 147% ... but does that matter outside of the dining hall the relic is sitting inside?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 08, 2023, 02:31:41 am »

Question - anyone know if an outer's initial stats make any difference when choosing a path?

I mean, I know that a higher compatibility rating is directly connected to having good stats that match the path you choose. But does having the stats specifically when you're making the choice change anything?

The reason I ask is that I just found a spirit relic that gives anyone in the room +40% PER, which seems pretty huge. Unfortunately, due to its restrictions, I don't think I can actually place it in a cultivation room (will probably play around with this more later). I can, however, place it in my outer disciple dining room.

It boosts one of my outer's compatibility with a law from 96% to 147% ... but does that matter outside of the dining hall the relic is sitting inside?
No, the starting compatibility doesn't really matter. Nor does that artifact do anything when your dude is out of the room.

However stat spirit relics are actually super good (evenually). See, it turns out that the stat boosting miracles don't give a 20% boost like they say they do, they actually give a bigger boost the lower your stats are (IIRC someone with 1 in a stat gets something like a 40% boost).
If you don't fulfill the requirements of a relic they work in reverse (lowering your stats instead of raising them) so if you do the stat boosting miracles in a room with one then leave your dude gets free stats.

What are the exact requirements for the relic BTW?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 08, 2023, 08:16:24 am »

Spirit Relic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 08, 2023, 07:38:21 pm »

That's totally doable actually.
It needs a medium room, which is 25-49 tiles. This is enough space to fit a full size cultivation array (29 tiles) with 20 tiles to spare.
You would use those 20 tiles to make a long narrow extension, with 4 to make sure its out of range of the spirit wood, 6 for the Ancestral Shrine, and a final one space to put the relic on. This should leave you 9 spare tiles if you want a bit of free space for the room or to make it a little less ugly.

The spirit wood has a pretty strong element power you need to overcome to make it "slightly beneficial for wood element" but that should be solvable by sticking some water walls or stuff on stands just next to the shrine

It will look funky, but a 40% boost is pretty huge for if you can't get your dude up to 10 perception for the GC breakthrough. Or, even if you can you can save quite a few inspiration points by just not having to get all those perception boosts instead.

Something like this should work, although you probably need to stick some water stuff on stands just outside to make sure the water element is strong enough.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only issue is that some qi gather materials might count as light sources, which would mean it wouldn't work for some elements.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2023, 06:50:17 pm »

Raised an animal to a Yaoguai for the first time; a snake, with 6 shards. Hella fast, but his stats suck. Not sure what to do with him. I was planning on making him a spell-focused cultivator, but that's probably not going to work now. And if I remember correctly, snakes make poor physical cultivators, nor do I have any Yaoguai-focused physical laws. Shendao? Snekgod could be pretty powerful, but is it possible to reach tribulation-survival levels of power within 100 days?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 09, 2023, 08:27:12 pm »

Snakes make pretty terrible physical cultivators, yeah, unless something's changed since I last played or there's a mod or something that adjusts it. Basically they don't have arms so far as the cultivation is concerned, which is a tremendous disadvantage. Iirc they're best at social-fu and crafting, so whatever leans into that should be okay.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 10, 2023, 12:02:56 am »

Snake Yaoguai are somewhat famous as having the highest potential for max Qi of any unit in the game.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2023, 12:29:34 am »

Snake Yaoguai are generally great qi cults due to their high max qi, as well as often having simply great stat scores/skills.
They don't excel at anything else in particular, but those base advantages end up being very significant.

However poorly designed (aka, what I end up getting when I tried one) shard Yaoguai are often quite trash in general.

If its stats/skills are good though its worth keeping even if just an dude for an outer cult till tribulation.
Snekgod could be pretty powerful, but is it possible to reach tribulation-survival levels of power within 100 days?
Its possible, but depending on how well you know the game it might not be viable and just result in them dying.
However there is a very cheesy method you can use to delay tribulations basically forever and let a cult with a mere 9 days to live from game start do their tribulation at like day 100 with a trivial success.
Spoiler: Cheese (click to show/hide)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2023, 01:00:00 am »

I never tried that cheese, but always wondered how it works in details. Does the time stop only when they're en route to the destination? Or can you just camp them at a place and forget all about them until you've prepared everything?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 10, 2023, 01:25:45 am »

Spoiler: Cheese info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:22:14 pm by lemon10 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2023, 06:38:55 pm »

Definitely hit a wall with my Shendao cultivator, particularly increase Mental State at the Wise level. It's increasing 0.02 a day... and my stupid ass forgot to remove her MS boosts before breaking through to Wise. I'm literally a fraction of a point away from being able to turn off one of the talismans - kind of important since all three active talismans are MS boosters, and I therefore cannot turn on Divine Concealment to prevent her ascension(not that it's an immediate problem, it's only at 54%).

This of course presents another problem, as Mental State level also sets the safe limit of Divine Residents... which is currently maxed out. Alternatively, I could just go over the limit and eat the Belief Tribulations, since my experience with Detachment Tribulations shows that she can just sit there with heavenly lightning going up her ass all day and still have max qi through it. I just don't know how fast Hatred builds up, or how long it's going to take to resolve the tribulation - a literal god-tier cultivator is no good if trouble shows up during her regular thunderbolt enema. On the other hand, I've seen screenshots of Shendao with over 5 million artifact power. If I can achieve something close to that, tribulations would only take a short time to defeat even at the maximum possible(about 1 billion, according to the wiki).

Getting Belief isn't an issue, even at her current amount of Divine Residents she receives tens of thousands of Belief points per second.

EDIT: It seems that just turning off the talismans, dropping Mental State level to Sagely, then edging up my Divinity, does vastly accelerate MS gain. Hatred gain from having 500,000 Divine Residents with a limit of 200,000 is about 0.025-0.03% per second. Just gotta watch that Divinity.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:44:34 pm by Akura »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2023, 04:20:50 am »

Definitely hit a wall with my Shendao cultivator, particularly increase Mental State at the Wise level. It's increasing 0.02 a day... and my stupid ass forgot to remove her MS boosts before breaking through to Wise. I'm literally a fraction of a point away from being able to turn off one of the talismans - kind of important since all three active talismans are MS boosters, and I therefore cannot turn on Divine Concealment to prevent her ascension(not that it's an immediate problem, it's only at 54%).

This of course presents another problem, as Mental State level also sets the safe limit of Divine Residents... which is currently maxed out. Alternatively, I could just go over the limit and eat the Belief Tribulations, since my experience with Detachment Tribulations shows that she can just sit there with heavenly lightning going up her ass all day and still have max qi through it. I just don't know how fast Hatred builds up, or how long it's going to take to resolve the tribulation - a literal god-tier cultivator is no good if trouble shows up during her regular thunderbolt enema. On the other hand, I've seen screenshots of Shendao with over 5 million artifact power. If I can achieve something close to that, tribulations would only take a short time to defeat even at the maximum possible(about 1 billion, according to the wiki).

Getting Belief isn't an issue, even at her current amount of Divine Residents she receives tens of thousands of Belief points per second.

EDIT: It seems that just turning off the talismans, dropping Mental State level to Sagely, then edging up my Divinity, does vastly accelerate MS gain. Hatred gain from having 500,000 Divine Residents with a limit of 200,000 is about 0.025-0.03% per second. Just gotta watch that Divinity.

I was gonna mention that scented satchels give a base 5 mental state boost and purity pills give 15.

Also, there is a talisman from the talisman law you get from He Zhudao (I may have the name wrong, but everyone keeps mentioning them) that reduces divinity. It's a good idea to tier up talisman paper and make it and at some point it makes it impossible for them to ascend, meaning you can set and forget.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43