Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 101339 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #855 on: December 29, 2020, 07:30:55 pm »

Tric, was your vote actually stolen?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 29, 2020, 07:30:59 pm »

I'm using a one shot double voting power, sure. That's par for the course in these games. I'd still like to vote Leafsnail more, but it seemed like there wasn't going to quorum for that now.
You look like scum that doesn't want to die doing this.
I'm town and I don't want to die. My ability is useless if I'm dead.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 29, 2020, 07:31:05 pm »

Also that's many posts in a short timeframe.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 29, 2020, 07:31:18 pm »

I haven’t been properly posting recently due to a lack of sleep and an inability to think clearly due to the sleep deprivation. I don’t think I’ll be able to do the research necessary for a proper reads list, so let me rush out an improper one.

Iceytea: I’m basically certain he is town. Don’t know how much more I can say due to the methods used. Read my last interaction with him if you want to know.

Toaster: Makes a lot posts, (sometimes big ones), but somehow he’s managed to make no impression on me. I don’t remember him trying to make any cases either. I find this effort to results ratio weird. If one wanted to be invisible as scum without being accused of lurking, this seems like it would be be the best way to play. Also has a habit of asking questions that have obvious answers or have already been answered. Comes across as a way to make posts without leading the town closer to finding scum.

Overall, I think he’s the best beezlebub candidate, though NQT is still a viable possibility. When I first mentioned the PM, he was the one who told me not to pay attention to the time while the time was closest to his big post. Doesn’t mean too much since I can totally imagine !towntoaster doing the same thing. I’m more bothered by the fact that he asked me about the time when I received the PM though I already posted it down to the minute. He says he did it to make sure I don’t end up changing the story later on in the game, but I feel like !towntoaster would have worded the question differently, with the intent more obvious from the outset. As is, it feels like an attempt by !scumtoaster to cast shade on me.

Jim: I have agreed with very little he’s said this day which is strange since we’re supposedly on the same team. Is willing to belittle people he disagrees with, but rarely points out what he actually disagrees with unless you give him further prodding and even then, he only follows up sometimes.

This of course is all in character for a grumpy and busy vet who’s pissed off at all the Walls of Text he has to read, but that’s kind of a problem. I feel like Jim is just playing a character at this point. No one stays this angry 5 days in a row. You would have expected Jim to have mellowed out a little by now. It feels like !scumJim decided to play this role early on as way to justify not helping the town, but is afraid of changing his tune because A. he’d have to convincingly start appearing to help the town, which may be even harder for him, and B. He’s afraid people will catch on to the fact that what he did in the first few IRL days was an act.

Toonyman: Vector really does need to get off her high horse. Dolores and Iceytea were the cases that convinced me that he was a better lynch candidate than Trick, but as you can tell from the fact that I didn’t actually place a vote, I’m not confident that Toony is scum. If you ever read the very first beginner mafia, you would know that !townToonyman has a very flippant playstyle. Most, but not all of Dolores’ points can be brushed aside as Toony just being Toony. Thing is, I thought Toony stopped playing that way. I didn’t get that vibe at all when I played Bastard paranormal 3 with him, though that can be justified by it not being a normal mafia game.

I think claiming cop is a common desperation move by a scum trying not to get lynched. I don’t put any stock in it.

Overall, I can’t have a strong opinion on Toony since I never payed much attention to his posts and never  went out of my way to read through them again for this.

NQT again. This is more of a response to Jim. I am bothered by his vote analysis specifically because it dishonestly casted me in a bad light. Iceytea had a problem with it too and what do you know, we both got hit by the contract.

So that’s what I have to say. I bet if I had the time to reread everything I would have better backed up or even reconsidered my points, but you gotta make do with what you can do.

While you were typing, 48 new responses have been posted. Sorry, I’m not going to read that yet. I need to get this out first.
While I appreciate the effort that went into this, we're thirty minutes from day end, things are moving in real time right now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 29, 2020, 07:31:45 pm »

I'm posting from phone right now, so not as eloquent and expansive as I'd like. Don't know why you guys are freaking out about having two votes in a BYOR.
Having two votes isn't that weird in and of itself, it's the fact that you only deployed them when it started to seem like you were in danger - and against the opposite wagon to the one you were pushing before, even.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:02 pm »

NQT

Fuck those shenanigans.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:04 pm »

I'm using a one shot double voting power, sure. That's par for the course in these games. I'd still like to vote Leafsnail more, but it seemed like there wasn't going to quorum for that now.
You look like scum that doesn't want to die doing this.
I'm town and I don't want to die. My ability is useless if I'm dead.

Neither is my freaking shop and No Bonk badge if I don't survive till night. I'm fine dying after or during.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:39 pm »

Especially since you moved them on Tric. Should have put them on Tooney at least.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:45 pm »

I'm posting from phone right now, so not as eloquent and expansive as I'd like. Don't know why you guys are freaking out about having two votes in a BYOR.
Having two votes isn't that weird in and of itself, it's the fact that you only deployed them when it started to seem like you were in danger - and against the opposite wagon to the one you were pushing before, even.
Exactly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:50 pm »

Yep, lost my vote.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:59 pm »

I feel like the anti-NQT bandwagon has come out of nowhere.
Hardly. Look at this guy. Like, actually look at his votes. Look at his behavior. He does this right after his lynch starts gaining traction. He pushes a lynch there's no actual scum-evidence behind, as far as I can see. He's trying to swing the lynch away from himself, plain and simple, without having any actual case behind his lynch target. It's just the most convenient one.

Well guess what.

I have the ancient weapon of 'lynching scum is far better than lynching third-party'.

He also seems to have dropped Leafsnail entirely without any actual reason why? I'd expect town to press harder on that instead of suddenly switching to what looks like the easiest target. notquitethere.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 29, 2020, 07:33:25 pm »

TricMagic, TricMagic okay let's get rid of this unhelpful player.
You're using mechanics to self-preserve over addressing the EOD shuffle onto you?

PPE: just let me post dammit 6 ninjas is enough
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 29, 2020, 07:34:00 pm »

Okay.

TricMagic.

No way Mafia NQT blows a LYLO breaker for no real reason on D1.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 29, 2020, 07:34:01 pm »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 29, 2020, 07:35:02 pm »

NQT: EoD shuffles should be really volatile and easy to turn back to their previous track. Why did you get so spooked?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 122