Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn  (Read 19622 times)

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Arknights - Twilit Dawn
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2020, 06:34:36 pm »

C.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2020, 07:23:46 pm »

Quote from: Current Vote Total
A: 3
B: 2
C: 2
D: 2
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 12:01:19 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2020, 12:28:51 pm »

C and/or A
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:03:56 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2020, 04:28:27 pm »

A: 4
B: 1
C: 4
D: 1
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2020, 08:00:59 pm »

B and or D.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 09:28:16 pm by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2020, 09:25:11 pm »

A: 6
B: 2
C: 4
D: 1
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 10:42:14 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2020, 11:05:14 pm »

Declaring this for A. Mostly so we can get on to the fun parts.

That might not have been the worst day of your life, but it easily ranked in the top ten. The sky and earth both split in twain, heaving and roaring with anguish and pain only matched by the sum of the victims in its path. Great spires of Originium thrust themselves through the streets as lightning seemed to lash out with controlled vengeance, the wind howling so loud as to drown out your own thoughts at times - and you had shelter. You might not have made it out entirely unscathed - many people came out with a crystalline death sentence - but you are, at the very least, still alive, and it's because of the people around you.

Just as the Catastrophe left the lifeblood of modern technology behind, so too did it create a fire within you. The flames may have already smoldered, or perhaps there formerly laid only kindling within your soul - but now a cause warms your bones. You might not all share the idea of what that cause is, but you all agree that something had to be done in the wake of such a terrible event. A combination of preexisting experience and a sudden pressing need to survive polished you into a functional team capable of fending off bandits and then some, granting you just enough strength to start on the path to your goals.

Terra is moving. Forces old and new are moving into action, old heroes and villains awakening, and the machines of politics grind away as persistently and inscrutably as ever. In such a world, there are only two constants: change, and that there is always someone that wants something of someone else's. As long as the latter exists, there will be mercenaries - and as it so happens, you were all capable fighters with experience fighting together and the mutual needs of money and reputation.

While there are many whispers around the fate of your city, none can deny that surviving a Catastrophe is no mean feat. It created enough of a name for you that the existing bands put their eyes on you in search of new talent. You chose to forge your own path - but forging requires tools which you didn't have at the time. Karlan, though disappointed that you turned down outright signing on, was willing to provide you with the basics you needed to strike out on your own as long as you agreed to a contract and a fair share of profits. The Trade Company needed extra muscle and, though they never said it outright, plausible deniability, both things you could provide.

You finally force yourself out of bed. It's time to face the day, and face the world. Many winding roads have lead to this point, but this twilit dawn truly feels like a new beginning. You are Arknights, out to change the world or die trying. . . and hopefully you get to retire on the tip of a pen instead of a sword.

. . . What the hell were you calling yourselves again?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:52:02 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2020, 07:25:06 am »

Horizon Office for maximum Library of Ruina and travel agency energy.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2020, 08:48:21 am »

I will second Horizon Office.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2020, 09:20:27 am »

I’d like to instead suggest Cutting Edge Solutions as a name, though if that doesn’t win, Horizon Office is fine.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2020, 10:14:54 am »

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2020, 12:50:29 pm »

I'm okay with Horizon Office but it doesn't really strike me. Preference for Cutting Edge Solutions. I don't think we need too businessy a name though. It's not like people will be using our name to know what we do, since they'll hear about us from someone who knows what we do.

Some ideas though:
Myriad
Fault line
Bar and Grill

Arknights
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2020, 12:55:39 pm »

I’d like to instead suggest Cutting Edge Solutions as a name, though if that doesn’t win, Horizon Office is fine.
I'll second CES though, mostly because I think the Horizon Offices sounds kind of dumb. Like, we probably don't even have an office at this point.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2020, 01:21:00 pm »

i vote Cutting Edge solutions as well
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32