Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72685 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #630 on: March 01, 2021, 10:44:30 am »

TBH if I was the devil I'd claim, it's a pretty annoying role to try and win with, is only marginally different from a survivor in terms of "should it die", and needs to townside here anyway in case there's a conversion gimmick going on because they need to keep the game going.

I'm inclined to believe the lone vampire claim but the way Lucky came into the thread "Blue will be here soon enough" makes me nervous there's a fakeclaim being set up.

If Lucky is a wolf, Blue could well have been converted to a wolf. If Lucky is town, Blue is probably either telling the truth. I suppose we'll have to see how kills tonight shake out.;

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2021, 10:51:26 am »

I am far too tired to think right now, and it's last day of the Sprint, so I'll be on later this evening with a much bigger post. Also, I basically have to redo my readslist because we apparently have a cult. Unvote for now. I'll keep afloat through the day, but obligatory I was not converted or attacked last Night.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 01, 2021, 11:04:04 am »

Since we either don't have a monster hunter or they seem to be holstering, I'm pretty sure we always flip LuckyOwl today. Especially with the threat of a potential double-conversion, we need to flip him to check blue's alignment.
Utterly ignores the survivor.

Juicebox is a decent lynch. Lurking is anti-town, not following through on promises is anti-town. And as a dreamer they would have to see another's dream. Let's see what it is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2021, 11:07:38 am »

Since we either don't have a monster hunter or they seem to be holstering, I'm pretty sure we always flip LuckyOwl today. Especially with the threat of a potential double-conversion, we need to flip him to check blue's alignment.
Utterly ignores the survivor.

Juicebox is a decent lynch. Lurking is anti-town, not following through on promises is anti-town. And as a dreamer they would have to see another's dream. Let's see what it is.
I seem to have missed a tag somehow.

Of note, I received no sort of PM last night. Either from fighting off a kill, or deals.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 01, 2021, 11:13:18 am »

People seem to be too focused on what Juice's specific dream was. While providing a false dream would be a wolf claim and claiming to have received a random dream is pretty sus (it's an easy cop-out for a non-dreamwalker), providing an accurate dream doesn't actually give us any better clues towards his alignment, since barring any new information we're probably looking at a conversion last night and dreamwalkers, by definition, do not convert (and thus could have spent his time dreaming last night).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 01, 2021, 11:18:06 am »

Doesn't seem like there was a kill last night.

Absolutely no reason scum wouldn't convert Luckyowl if they weren't already scum in the first place. Would also reasonably clear Blue as a Lone Vampire.

Still want to hear from Juice though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 01, 2021, 11:19:23 am »

Wait, converts are before resurrections so it has to be a convert that let's them keep their ability.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 01, 2021, 11:22:46 am »

Wait, converts are before resurrections so it has to be a convert that let's them keep their ability.
Which tells us that if there's a vampire cult they didn't convert lucky last night. Looks like charismatic cults and dark magus you keep your abilities.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 01, 2021, 11:25:45 am »

We know Lucky Owl isn't the converter... it's absolutely not a priority to kill him today. That Toony of all people hasn't grasped that is a tick in the Toony Was Converted box.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2021, 11:33:48 am »

We know Lucky Owl isn't the converter... it's absolutely not a priority to kill him today. That Toony of all people hasn't grasped that is a tick in the Toony Was Converted box.
The concern is that Lucky became a de-facto converter due to being converted during his resurrection.

Also it looks like I was mistaken, vampires are full cults that allow people to keep their role, so it looks like all cult types allow people to keep their role?

Looking for the converter only makes sense if there's a vampire cult due to the vampire cult seeming to be a true cult, the other two are one-shots and the converter is either the least important wolf (cultist) or has a revive anyway (dark magus).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 01, 2021, 11:41:35 am »

Are you saying this is a Vampire Cult then? I thought vampire slaves didn't keep their roles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 01, 2021, 11:48:45 am »

Also it looks like I was mistaken, vampires are full cults that allow people to keep their role, so it looks like all cult types allow people to keep their role?
Are you saying this is a Vampire Cult then? I thought vampire slaves didn't keep their roles.
It was my mistake too. I thought because of the wording of the vampire lord power that he would literally create vampire slaves, but looking at the actual night actions, the converted vampire players still keep their roles.

Spoiler: Source of my confusion (click to show/hide)

But if there's a lone vampire, I don't think we'd have a vampire cult at all. And I had also forgotten that the charismatic is a one-shot:

Tiruin - You are a Charismatic Cultist, and the one who drew the others into your confidence. You who dusted off the ancient tomes, and spoke the forgotten truths of your faith. Once during the game you may choose to attempt to convert the target rather than sacrifice them. Note that you must be the one to approach them for this to work. With the ancient power behind you, there are few who could possibly resist such an offer.

So... ignore my earlier reservations and suspicions! They were utterly unfounded!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 01, 2021, 12:24:04 pm »

Lone vampire seems like a convenient fake claim for a vampire cult. I was suspicious because I couldn't recall it happening, but apparently Toaster became one in Supernatural 5. Of course, if we're dealing with a vampire cult, the leader should be a priority. Blu What are your powers and how do you plan to use them?

I don't know what to make of day end, but I'm not happy that everyone seems to be focusing on Juice and Lucky again. Juice could be the Leader, but if they are a Dreamwalker they got some info last night and we need to know what it is ASAP.

I'd love to hear what IcyTea's thoughts on the end of D1 and D2 so far because you seemed to be pretty out of it after parking your vote on LuckyOwl. I'm used to you having more/longer posts and being more of a day game leader, but a lot of your posts are reactionary or don't have followup and are pretty short.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 01, 2021, 01:28:50 pm »

NQT could just be setting up to vote you off despite your towny-ness.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 01, 2021, 01:33:47 pm »

And anyway, not to mention the big reveal of there apparently being a devil in town. Either

- There is a devil and we now have 3 third parties, a 3-person scum team with a new convert i.e. 7/13 players in the game
- As above, but scum team is dark magus: 5/13 players in the game, or two-person team: 6/13.
- Lucky is lying, is on the scum team, and is just seeding chaos.
- 4mask is the devil and so 4-6 non-town player.

I'll have to take a look at the old setups to see what would be normal numbers here...

I looked at the previous setups:

Spoiler: Previous Compositions (click to show/hide)

- While more can be created in-player, there has never been a game started with more than 2 third parties.
- The maximum number of non-town players for 13 players is 5.
- If we assume all claims are true: 4mask is a wererat and we have a devil and a revived lone vampire, then we most likely have a one-shot charismatic cult team and the killing will begin from the scum team on N2.

All to say, we should be very suspicious of existing claims if there are more than one deaths in the night on N2.

Tric
NQT could just be setting up to vote you off despite your towny-ness.
I think there's at least a 25% chance Toony was converted, yes. Do you deny that possibility?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 115