Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 72717 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #765 on: March 02, 2021, 04:43:39 pm »

Caz:
CAAAAAAAAAAAZ!

Hi.

What was you dreamwalker result last night?
This. Now. Please.

Individually it's WIFOMy, yes. I'd say getting a sense of the thread's consensus on who optimal conversion targets are might be useful if we're facing a dark magus team, though less useful against charismatic cult (and pointless if it was just that a kill got blocked).
@MOD:
Will a player be notified if somebody tried to kill them?
For example, if somebody tried to kill a Knight and failed or somebody that was being protected was targeted for a kill and it failed.

Is a player notified if they are redirected?
Yes, this happened to me in Supernatural 6 when I was a Knight and got targeted by the Hunter.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 02, 2021, 04:44:00 pm »

Hi I'm a juicebox.

Gonna read this thread more closely before I make some real posting. One thing I will say though is that I don't have any dream to report, it was just random and unremarkable dreams last night.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 02, 2021, 04:45:21 pm »

Hi I'm a juicebox.

Gonna read this thread more closely before I make some real posting. One thing I will say though is that I don't have any dream to report, it was just random and unremarkable dreams last night.
-squints-

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 02, 2021, 04:45:29 pm »

Luckyowl:
Hm, so we're dealing with a converter? Well, that pretty much cross me off as a possible suspect. Since I brought Blu back from the dead. Sadly, it seems not as townie. From my understanding from meph explanation on how my one shot ability works. Is that I don't know if I'm pure or not. Which has nothing to do with my alignment. Also another tidbit. I ask Meph if my ability will trigger if I'm night killed and he gave more than what I asked and said that my night action is low on the pirority list so If I'm interuppted my night action won't go through. So if I were converted then Blu wouldn't be here.

The underlined bit isn't true.

Meph:  If a Town Priest that is Pious (or whatever the term for "would res normally" is converted in the night to another team, what would happen to the res target?

Resurrections happen after Conversions, so they would act like a normal priest for that faction.

Other than that, I agree with what you said.  I asked you to be useful, though, and you've yet to post any analysis.  Get cracking.

I can't..you know if I flip town and these ridículos  claims are left here for people to see. It'll only make you look bad. There's better targets than me,Like NQT.  Why, oh why would I create an eleborate or my "puppeteer" would create an convulted plan to lie about me rezzing? The fact you are thinking like this ironically makes me think you're town misguided.

This isn't it.

Oh look, you self voted.  If you want to convince people you're town, play the part.  Do some analysis.  Post some reads.  Convince people your vote target is scum.

IcyTea:
So we have a Devil who thought Lucky would be foolish enough to accept a soul deal...
That would put the devil as someone who's played with Lucky before, because I can definitely see that logic. Scum!Lucky would probably accept, but also would lie about refusing, so it's not massively useful.

Devil Toaster would have offered to Lucky last night, so I'm right there with you on that.

Toony:
Toony:  Why do you think Lucky is not a terrible lynch?
Because he's scum. I'm more convinced he's been scum all along to be honest. I want to trust Web's read but I can't.

Lucky feels...heavily filtered.

[snipped good case]

The whole thing is fishy.

This is... fairly convincing, actually.   I still call Lucky a bad D2 lynch, but at the slightest hint that we're not dealing with Vampires, string him up.  In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Bluarian commit to double-block-into-kill Lucky.

I guess it's worth humoring, if I was a converter I would have hit Toaster > Jim > Web I think. It might be worth asking everybody to say their top conversion pick if they were a converter.

I'll play this game.  Jim or you, then either Web or Vector because they're good in a way I can't replicate.   Past that, someone who isn't about to get lynched or has a known problematic role.

Clarification to NQT:
Toony that's actually a pretty compelling case on Lucky. Especially the TMI aspect with the devil. The thing is, only an idiot devil would say "You will give me you soul in exchange for this gift", right? They're under no obligation to mention that part of the deal.

They are, actually.  I was the first Devil in Super 1 and left that bit out of my first offer message, and Meph put it in there.

4mask:
Who the converter is does not matter, at least not more than finding any other wolf.

You'll forgive me if I don't share your conviction.

They are a role that has existed and has happened, so it is something that can happen again.  All Meph has to do is handle the case of converting the roles too strong to be in cult hands (IE anything that gives them a kill and maybe priest) and that's boom job done, throw in that Vampire Lord.  I will grant that I find a starter scum team of [Vampire Lord + Priest] to be extremely unlikely, however.

PPE:
Tricmagic outright refusing to answer Vector's question is interesting in italics.

Tricmagic, what makes you so sure we have a conventional scumteam.

Let's not forget he did the same thing to me.

TricMagic:
facepalms. Yeah, that isn't Luckyowl, that's someone else puppeteering the owl. Why wouldn't you take the protect? I'd love a Protect skill since it makes me a bulletproof doctor.

A one-shot protect?  You really think that makes it so good?

I still think Luckyowl is bad D2 lynch.  He's a great N2 Monster Hunter target, but I don't think we have that luxury.

BluarianKnight, where are you?  Do you intend to block people in a spread or double-block-into-kill?  Either way, who would you kill?

PPE Caz:  Of course.  Thanks for replacing, now make those reads happen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 02, 2021, 04:50:06 pm »

I will add that I'm rereading Supernatural 6 because of Toony's question and there's a lot of similarities to that game and this one. The town Dreamwalker got lynched D1, no one died N1, and the dreamwalker got resurrected.

Hi I'm a juicebox.

Darn, I forgot that could happen. This is the result that happens Meph rolls a person without a night action in previous games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 02, 2021, 04:50:28 pm »

4mask:
Who the converter is does not matter, at least not more than finding any other wolf.

You'll forgive me if I don't share your conviction.

They are a role that has existed and has happened, so it is something that can happen again.  All Meph has to do is handle the case of converting the roles too strong to be in cult hands (IE anything that gives them a kill and maybe priest) and that's boom job done, throw in that Vampire Lord.  I will grant that I find a starter scum team of [Vampire Lord + Priest] to be extremely unlikely, however.
Except that this would make the vampire lord a fundamentally different role than the role previously played, which is against what Meph said at the beginning of the game (that there would be no new roles). So either we have a classic vampire cult with a proper vampire lord, which I find hilariously unlikely for meta reasons, or we don't have a vampire cult at all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 02, 2021, 04:54:23 pm »

OR the setup is constructed in such a way that nothing terribly broken happens.  An impious priest would fit that description.

My thinking is that a Vampire Lord is such a red alert all hands on deck situation that D2 needs to steer in the direction that such a thing happens.  If there's a scum-looking kill tonight, feel free to point and laugh at me, then we can all lynch Lucky.  Until that happens, though, I'm assuming the worst.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 02, 2021, 04:55:57 pm »

NQT: I'd actually like to ask you to detail your single-target analysis a little more. I love reading your stuff! The high point of every game.

I know you aren't lurking, but I want to make sure we don't gloss past this post. Look forward to hearing from you later today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 02, 2021, 05:02:10 pm »

OR the setup is constructed in such a way that nothing terribly broken happens.  An impious priest would fit that description.

My thinking is that a Vampire Lord is such a red alert all hands on deck situation that D2 needs to steer in the direction that such a thing happens.  If there's a scum-looking kill tonight, feel free to point and laugh at me, then we can all lynch Lucky.  Until that happens, though, I'm assuming the worst.
Except that there’s an instant-lose condition to not lynching Lucky tonight too. If a charismatic cult got to lucky (which is MUCH greater odds than a vampire cult) we’re looking at 7 v 5 v 1 (counting the devil as townsiding) which is literally D2 MYLO since I always wolfside tomorrow on a mislynch in that scenario.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 02, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »

So... can't we check LO's alignment by lynching BluarianKnight again? :D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 02, 2021, 05:09:17 pm »

I'll post a Lurkertrack in a bit, but I won't be posting much because in spite of my attempts, I couldn't sleep well. But I will make it through a full reread today.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 02, 2021, 05:09:31 pm »

Meph's said that a town priest can bring back a player as part of the scumteam, so we could do that, but it wouldn't be 100% guaranteed either way.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 02, 2021, 05:10:47 pm »

...Great.

I will add that I'm rereading Supernatural 6 because of Toony's question and there's a lot of similarities to that game and this one. The town Dreamwalker got lynched D1, no one died N1, and the dreamwalker got resurrected.
Hah, wow if I squint it looks like the same Day 2 start.

I quit if there's a Vampire Lord. *cuts wrists*

We can't check Lucky's alignment that way. It goes both way between them.

If Lucky flips town then Blue is most likely third-party, possibly mafia.
If Lucky flips mafia then Blue could be either third-party or mafia.

Blue has claimed Lone Vampire so they can't be town in any situation.

I don't believe there's ever been a case of a full alignment switch, but Meph has confirmed it's possible (probably the least likely outcome).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 02, 2021, 05:12:17 pm »

TricMagic:
facepalms. Yeah, that isn't Luckyowl, that's someone else puppeteering the owl. Why wouldn't you take the protect? I'd love a Protect skill since it makes me a bulletproof doctor.

A one-shot protect?  You really think that makes it so good?

It's a one-shot? In that case, no thank you. I'd grab the kill instead and save it for MYLO/LYLO. That way I can kill the other one during the night since I can't be nightkilled. Or as a confirmation of LO in this particular case.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 02, 2021, 05:15:03 pm »

I did actually send something in last night. Care to give a few snippets of these random dreams? Something that sticks out to you.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 115