Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Fall [Game over]  (Read 43370 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 7 - The Crypts of the Eastern Monastery [Day 1]
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2021, 03:49:55 pm »

And as for a prefuzek/TricMagic team, absolutely. Look at their interactions and tell me that isn't high equity for w/w.

Just an FYI that I see it, but I'd rather wait till one flips Scum to offer the proof.  Gives less chance of the surviving scum trying to explain it away.  I got at least one post from each of them.
So here is where I offer that I have proof connecting prefuzek and TricMagic as a team.

@Toaster: If a player chooses Random, their random starter item is upgraded a rarity level.  If that random is Bard, they get a random uncommon in addition to a random common.  Which of the TWO starter items of the Bard gets upgraded?

Here, I guess, is the alleged item fishing.  Personally, I think Town benefits from actually knowing the Rules.  I absolutely WILL NOT cease trying to figure out the game just to placate possible scum or even confirmed Town.  Fuck that shit.

If you're confident about prefuzek shouldn't you be voting him?

Do you think TricMagic is scummier than prefuzek?

Do you see a TricMagic/prefuzek team?
Because I don't think I have a good enough gauge on their meta read to definitively call them scum,

That is a bit much Jack. Why are you voting for who you're voting for? Is NQT your partner?
Why are you defending prefuzek so much?

You answered your own question webadict. But I'd defend jim and toony too. There are scummier in my eyes, like you. But being paladin, I at least want to see your inspect go off and you reveal that knowledge day 2.

RIGHT! EuchreJack, at this point you are definitely fishing for items. Why? because you are a scum-thief.

And here is where Tric goes off the handle and starts trying to get me Lynch'd.  Also, point of order: Town thief can be quite useful, even though I am, and until some scroll of polymorph or whatever goes off, will continue to be a Merchant.

UNVOTE

Bandwagoning, item fishing, hanging in the background asking questions and pushing lynchwagons. I don't think you a null-tell anymore.

And I you, TricMagic

When we lynch you and you turn up Scum, I'll reveal why you and prefuzek are Scumbuddies on Day 2, and Town will be doing well.  I can't say that is a win, because our noble GM is tight-lipped about number of scum or possible non-aligned scum, but we're at least closer to winning.  I'll take that.

Ninja'd by Tric, at this point I'm almost thinking its intentional, if that is possible.  Anyways, next post will be my answer to Tric's most recent post...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2021, 03:51:58 pm »

Well Jack, why are you trying to gather this information, send these signals?

You say you have proof connecting us. So where is that proof?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2021, 03:54:36 pm »

See the Paladin claim is a gambit that scum can easily pull. In fact, I was expecting at least one. But maybe the scum didn't want to put a target on themselves. I am willing to bet that scum probably did pick (at least one) Paladin and have now hid that fact, but I also don't necessarily believe more than 1 did.

My theory is that Scum would pick one Paladin and one other roll (and one other roll if there are more than two), unless they were unable to consult prior to picking classes.
I mean, why put two Godfathers on a team, when they could have a Godfather and a Bulletproof/Strongman/Doctor/whatever?

PPE: Technically yes, but why do you necessarily even believe me? Why does anyone believe me?

I don't.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE: Respond to Web's question please!
@Toaster, did Scum get to collate with each other before they picked their classes?

Jack, you say that info is good for town, but why not ask this question to the mod when it came to you?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2021, 03:55:47 pm »

See the Paladin claim is a gambit that scum can easily pull. In fact, I was expecting at least one. But maybe the scum didn't want to put a target on themselves. I am willing to bet that scum probably did pick (at least one) Paladin and have now hid that fact, but I also don't necessarily believe more than 1 did.

My theory is that Scum would pick one Paladin and one other roll (and one other roll if there are more than two), unless they were unable to consult prior to picking classes.
I mean, why put two Godfathers on a team, when they could have a Godfather and a Bulletproof/Strongman/Doctor/whatever?

PPE: Technically yes, but why do you necessarily even believe me? Why does anyone believe me?

I don't.

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE ELSE: Respond to Web's question please!
@Toaster, did Scum get to collate with each other before they picked their classes?

Jack, you say that info is good for town, but why not ask this question to the mod when it came to you?

I forgot.  Good point.  And thanks for the music.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2021, 03:56:27 pm »

Fuck that.  You can read about it when you're dead and unable to disprove it

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2021, 04:00:29 pm »

I'm a Merchant.  I say this so that players that inspect me as Town know I'm Town.  Plus, my overall behavior should confirm that I'm merchanty.

Bard. The Bardiest Bard to ever Bard. I picked Random, so guess that is for balance reasons. Or just actually random.

Web, why scumlean me so early? Are you looking to stay in the shadows?

You should have been a merchant.  You're a real star over at Risky Ventures.  If I sheep you, will you borrow money from me?  ;D
But seriously, want to tell us your two items?  It's the only way to prove you're a bard.
FallacyofUrist: What class did you pick, and why?
Toonyman: Did you pick Priest?

Everyone else: Get the joke?
notquitethere How do I play this game?  Seriously, I have no idea, and the intro text is...unhelpful.

Jim Groovester: Do you think Web and Toonyman will figure out the format in such a way as to win by the end of the first day?

Webadict: What is your thoughts on every Town player that gets a Kill item basically going full-vigilante and killing as much as possible?

Why did you make so many posts in a row looking for classes? And no, I do not get the joke.

My strategy was to pin down players NOW so as to prevent scum Paladins from being able to pick whatever class happened to fit closest with their actions LATER.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2021, 04:04:31 pm »

UNVOTE
2 hours later, unvote, and...
SHORTEN

Doing so changed nothing, why did you unvote and immediately shorten?

Likewise, the votecount came up immediately after, and you still voted to shorten.

Euchrejack, why do you want to shorten when the vote is tied and you're not voting?

Good point!  I'll vote BluarianKnight

You then retracted that, and at prompting voted blue. This type of trend has continued. Why did you vote Blue then? Was it because it served as a vote that had no consequence? Why not push someone who had votes, like toony, web, or even myself?

It is not guilty until proven innocent Jack. Is your evidence really so lacking that you require someone to be dead to present it, when they can't break it and you can alter it to match the result?

We have long since left the stage of claims. That line of thought can no longer shield you. There would be no reason to know other classes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2021, 04:06:22 pm »

@Jim: Would you mind posting your reads? I know you've got some mixed in your post, but I'd like a clearer impression on what you think.  And yes, you are so absolutely fucking Town.  Like seriously, everyone should use their protects on you, because you're the only one who can be completely trusted by everyone.

No, I already did. In my post summary at the bottom I talk about everybody and what I think of them.

Sheeping Jim, confirmed town, initiating now.

"I'm going to keep on doing the things that makes Jim suspicious of me."

Because I don't think I have a good enough gauge on their meta read to definitively call them scum, so if I did, I'd likely be solo-pushing the vote all day and use up a lot of emotional bandwidth on it. Honestly, if I were more sure, I'd be willing to steer the town that way, but I'd rather hear what everyone else says first, just in case.

Alright.

You give off the impression that you're a lot more certain about your read on prefuzek than you indicate here however.

Which I guess I don't care enough about to poke at it further.

TricMagic and EuchreJack OMGUSing each other

k I'm out

I'll be back later
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2021, 04:17:35 pm »

UNVOTE
2 hours later, unvote, and...
SHORTEN

Doing so changed nothing, why did you unvote and immediately shorten?

Likewise, the votecount came up immediately after, and you still voted to shorten.

Euchrejack, why do you want to shorten when the vote is tied and you're not voting?

Good point!  I'll vote BluarianKnight

You then retracted that, and at prompting voted blue. This type of trend has continued. Why did you vote Blue then? Was it because it served as a vote that had no consequence? Why not push someone who had votes, like toony, web, or even myself?

It is not guilty until proven innocent Jack. Is your evidence really so lacking that you require someone to be dead to present it, when they can't break it and you can alter it to match the result?

We have long since left the stage of claims. That line of thought can no longer shield you. There would be no reason to know other classes.

And thanks for the extra music.

My evidence is a quotation of a post by yourself, and a post by prefuzek.  I can't alter posts that you guys made, sorry that your logic fails. What I will not do is give either of you a chance to try to "explain away" these posts which I think link you.  If the vote shows that I'm going to get lynched, then I'll reveal it.  Otherwise, better to wait until day 2, when only one of you can try to explain away the connection.
OMGUS.  Totally stealing that from Jim.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2021, 04:20:58 pm »

The fact you can't use them and are willing to wait until one of us is dead to do so astounds me. Not that it would matter at that point, since the goal of this lynch campaign is to kill me during the day so I don't get an action at night. Next bit though.

Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.
Why are you doing this?

Did you really think a single vote could create a shortened day? I want you to answer web's question, as you never did at the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2021, 04:27:49 pm »

Vote Count:

EuchreJack: TricMagic
notquitethere: FallacyofUrist
TricMagic: ToonyMan, webadict, BluarianKnight, EuchreJack
prefuzek: Jim Groovester
BluarianKnight: prefuzek
webadict:
FallacyofUrist:
Jim Groovester:
ToonyMan: notquitethere

Not Voting:

Day 1 will last until Tuesday, 6/1 at 10 PM EST.

@Toaster: If a player chooses Random, their random starter item is upgraded a rarity level.  If that random is Bard, they get a random uncommon in addition to a random common.  Which of the TWO starter items of the Bard gets upgraded?

A Random-Bard gets two random uncommon items.

In Roguelike games, you know your alignment but not any theoretical teammates at the moment of class selection.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 08:34:37 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2021, 04:30:03 pm »

The fact you can't use them and are willing to wait until one of us is dead to do so astounds me. Not that it would matter at that point, since the goal of this lynch campaign is to kill me during the day so I don't get an action at night. Next bit though.

Right now it's NQT, Jack, and I'd say you, prefuzek. Though the last is more not knowing you to base reads off of, it just feels like a weird playstyle you're using.
*ALARMS BLARING*

But then Tric posted nonsense and I figured it was Town Tric.  I'm not quite as good at reading Tric as others, but I'm trying.  I got ninja'd by Tric's post, which I said I couldn't even tell came from Tric.  So now I really, really, really don't want the shorten, since I'm thinking Tric is town and we're going towards a mislynch.
Why are you doing this?

Did you really think a single vote could create a shortened day? I want you to answer web's question, as you never did at the time.

My apologies, I had overlooked that in all the many questions being asked (or at least it seemed like a lot at the time, I'm not looking back there).  The answer, of course, is that a single vote could NOT create a shortened day.  I was simply putting down one vote, one opinion.  Saying that I was willing to move on to day 2.  As I have said in the past, this was a stupid thing to do, since as I've seen, there is certainly some benefit to letting the day drag on and on and on and on in order to obtain valuable info.  For instance, I was only sorta sure you were scum at that time.  Now I'm absolutely sure.  Time to die Tric, and we'll have fun killing prefuzek tomorrow.  And then we'll hopefully be rid of your team, but if not, we'll find the other connections.  Time to die Tric.  Your scum game is improving, but you slipped up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2021, 04:32:40 pm »

@Everyone: Why is Tric so desperate for me to tell him how he screwed up as scum?  Would a townie be so desperate for the info?  Honestly if scum said they had proof positive that I was scum and that [insert player name here] was my scumbuddy, would I give two shits?  FUCK NO! Bluff/claim/fake all you want, I'm fucking Town, and I win if other Townies survive.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2021, 04:35:37 pm »

Also, this is Drunk EJ, so don't expect anything else useful from me...for a bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2021, 04:42:07 pm »

My apologies, I had overlooked that in all the many questions being asked (or at least it seemed like a lot at the time, I'm not looking back there).  The answer, of course, is that a single vote could NOT create a shortened day.  I was simply putting down one vote, one opinion.  Saying that I was willing to move on to day 2.  As I have said in the past, this was a stupid thing to do, since as I've seen, there is certainly some benefit to letting the day drag on and on and on and on in order to obtain valuable info.  For instance, I was only sorta sure you were scum at that time.  Now I'm absolutely sure.  Time to die Tric, and we'll have fun killing prefuzek tomorrow.  And then we'll hopefully be rid of your team, but if not, we'll find the other connections.  Time to die Tric.  Your scum game is improving, but you slipped up.
Objection!

You've slipped up Jack, gotten too eager to kill me. Did you even notice where I've been leading you all this time? Put simply, your willingness to kill me contradicts this key piece of evidence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put simply, by being willing to lynch me, your reasoning to risk a mafia NQT falls apart around you. The simple fact is, this is just an excuse. One you yourself just destroyed.

Don't drink and Mafia Jack, it makes you slip up. Can you see the chain of reasoning that brought you into this corner?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51