Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124151 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Castle Doctrine
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2021, 08:33:47 am »

"One gunner for every cannon, possibly?"

(( A historical gunnery crew would have had at least 5 people for each weapon depending on the period. ))
((I'm making a conservative estimate. Besides, these are magic cannons.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2021, 12:44:43 pm »

"Maybe the cannons are alive. It is a magic fortress."

Bob will enter the room after some of the others. If attacked, Bob defends himself with his phantom wolf claws or Needle.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2021, 03:11:33 pm »

Youare stand in front of the squishier members of the party, needle held defensively in front of him, hood pulled down low over his face. As nobody else seems to be communicating particularly urgently, he calls out as the door is opened:

"We're here to help! We're homunculi! We're not your enemy! We're coming in now! Don't fire, we're not hostile!"

He muses silently on the possibility of assassins hiding in the castle. The constructs downstairs seem to be mostly domestics, so someone should probably guard the elevator rather than let them have a free pass to the desert. Or for that matter, the conduit...

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2021, 05:23:09 pm »

Hide behind my grass men and be ready to duck and cover.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2021, 05:28:04 pm »

The bronze drone, following Drip's command, sloshes over to the door, a handful of toads trundling after it. It slips its fluid hands between the double doors and pulls them wide open, stepping out into the room beyond and doing its best wall impression.  Everyone peeks around it, looking for the source of the noise. Immediately, the source is upon them, fast marching straight up to the drone. It resembles a flamingo, though its size is more akin to a particularly large ostrich. It appears to be made of colored glass, its giant wings and cape-like tail made of a collection of different colored diamond sections like mobile stained glass windows. Atop its puffed chest is a poofy feathered collar, and sprouting from that are four distinct heads on long noodle necks. Each one is a different color: red, yellow, pink, and green. Each has a different kind of head as well, the red is a flamingo, the yellow a toucan, the pink a dodo, and the green a pelican.

The strange hydra bird stamps its feet and shoves its medal and ribbon bedecked chest against the drone.

"WHO ARE YOU? BY WHAT RIGHT ARE YOU ON MY DECK?!"

"What is your business here?"

Returned to the scene of the crime have you? Engarde!

Around here...somewhere...

The colors of its right wing shift, all the glass of it becoming pink, and it draws a saber from a belt around its puffy belly. The saber is shaped like a feather, but looks quite sharp regardless. The left wing turns green and holds the right wing back.

Past the hydra bird is a long hall, curving slightly towards the left as it progresses. It too is made of iron and cactus wood, but with a large open window running down its length and letting in sunlight.  Along it are running smaller beings: cacti and succulents in human form, each wearing what looks like a bright white naval uniform, often with thorns poking through. Most are carrying what look like old flintlock rifles, others are carrying glass orbs filled with miniature storm clouds. Many are sticking their "heads" out of the window, rifles scanning around rapidly.

Wait for Drip's drone to do it's thing. Attempt to communicate with the little frogs. Are they extensions of Big Frog?

I have a feeling we're going to end up with a very sad frogtress before this is over.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Genesis looks at the toads. They seem like ordinary toads, other than their metallic nature. They aren't afraid or bothered by the people but they don't seem particularly cognizant or motivated either. Still...the way they seem to be following along doesn't seem like the actions of a normal animal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Timberwolf
« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2021, 05:37:50 pm »

Step to the side of the bronze drone, holding my needle as a staff of office.

"We're here on business. By what rights do you detain us?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2021, 01:02:46 am »

Grey examines the bird hydra and the cactus men through his needle.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:24:04 pm by Fire and Glory »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2021, 02:36:23 am »

"Gentlebirds and succulents, we have been sent here to investigate a disturbance. Now, what seems to be the matter?"
Flamedude will do his best to defuse the situation, and get extra info out of the birds in the process.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2021, 02:50:46 am »

"Hello captain, we're here to help with stuff."
Stay with the group.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2021, 01:07:29 pm »

Bob was slightly disappointed the cannons didn't shoot themselves. He found the cactuspeople interesting but lacking in belts. It seemed there was nothing on this deck for Bob either. Maybe the belts were hoarded on the upper levels.

Bob remains quiet while trying to figure out where a mage would stash their belts in the magic tower. If attacked, Bob defends himself with his phantom wolf claws or Needle.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2021, 01:46:34 pm »

Instruct my grasslings to defend myself if hostilities ensue. Otherwise wait for negotiations to conclude.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2021, 05:24:42 pm »

Edited my action.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2021, 07:18:01 pm »

The Speaker steps out to the side of the drone, holding his needle vertically, close to his body.

We’re humonculi.  We’re here on a mission from the Magi.  We need to see your Master, Alice…

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:21:18 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2021, 07:25:02 pm »

The Speaker steps out to the side of the drone, holding his needle vertically, close to his body.

We’re humonculi.  We’re here on a mission from the Magi.  We need to see your Master, Alice…

"Psst, the Magi's name is Elias."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2021, 07:30:09 pm »

"Psst, the Magi's name is Elias."

Huh?!  Elias?  Are they a Magi?!  I thought they were just a mage!…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 116