Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124190 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Seclusion
« Reply #405 on: July 01, 2021, 09:34:45 pm »

I read the briefing note, doing my best to memorize what's there, and then slowly step towards the teleporter.
Once on the other side I look around and attempt to orient myself, see what's around me that might be potentially useful.

Spoiler: Tess (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2021, 10:59:55 pm »

Whew!  For a moment, I thought I was dead there!”, The Speaker exclaims.

Almost was, too.

For crying out load!  I’m not even one day old!  I’m too young to die!

The Speaker then goes over to where he dropped his needle earlier and picks it up.

I don’t understand why they don’t give us tassels for these things.

The speaker then puts the hole in the handle up to his eye like he’s seen others do and looks around the room.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2021, 04:53:48 pm »

Youare he goes back to the office, enters and rejoins the rest of the group. He takes in the murder scene, and looks around for anything relating to a young person (Alice).

"Right. So Elias adopts a girl, Alice, and makes this place for her. She sickens and dies, he gets upset but refuses to leave."

"Or at least, that's what the stuffed owl told me. Very little of that makes any sense. A mage adopting someone... do mages ever care about people who aren't mages? And if he did care for her, how did a man who can rewrite the universe let her die of some illness? And why did he choose to live in a dead child's playpen? There's something pretty off here."

"Okay. That's what I've found out. How are you lot doing?"

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2021, 04:56:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i shoot glass at my assailant and then have some glass form Into two hands and have the hands grab my weapons and attack.  If any glass shards miss, I form them into a spear and shoot it at my attacker..
Just for the record the lack of words does not mean I don’t put in role play.  It means my character is staying absolutely silent.
Stop 'ack'ing immediately. Those were supposed to be the gentle sounds a kindhearted fox makes in sympathy, not the deranged sounds an angry, diseased crow makes when it steps on a Lego.

Then go and stab Looty McStealsItAll, right in a vital. Repeat until either he drops the loot and apologizes or the corpse stops twitching. Use a fate point to ensure this gets done.

Make sure to make eye contact with the other looty types afterward, (or during, as long as doing so doesn't interfere with the stabbing).

If I am interrupted, spend the rest of my fate points on killing my assailant via stabbing (and preferably not dying).

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
[6,5 v 4][6]

Genesis, seeing someone carrying a giant sack of stolen goods, gets a bit annoyed. After all, Homunculi are here to solve problems, not loot and pillage.  He decides that the best way to drive the  point home to the newbie is to do so in a literal fashion. He stops his acking and immediately charges headlong towards Raivuch.  Raivuch, seeing a man charge him with a giant needle, hurls his protective cloud of glass shards at Genesis in a rapid fire fashion. Genesis swings his needle into the cloud of fragments and strikes several of them. Instead of just swatting those few shards away, a shockwave seems to ripple back through the remaining pieces and the clatter to the ground. Before  Raivuch can will the glass back up Genesis is on him. Genesis doesn't do anything fancy, doesn't engage in any flashy swordplay. He just runs needle first into Raivuch and stabs his needle -Which is now glowing with a clear and shimmery magic- into Raivuch's stomach. The needle pierces straight through and out his back, and then the clear magic flashes into his body. Shards of broken glass explode out all around the wound, a glittering geyser of blood coated crystal. On anyone else, this would be exponentially more horrific than just a single stab wound but...Raivuch is a glass elemental so it really doesn't do much of anything. The giant iron needle through his guts though, that is a problem. [-6 HP to Raivuch].

Whenever he hears the sounds of attempted murder, Grey turns around.
”Oh, no you don’t!”
He Maintains the rate at which air is currently entering Genesis's lungs, ensuring it doesn’t stop (or start) and then goes in to slash him with his saber, spending 1 fate on avoiding retaliation.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)
[2] Grey points at Genesis and shouts "Maintain!"

Nothing happens!

Whew!  For a moment, I thought I was dead there!”, The Speaker exclaims.

Almost was, too.

For crying out load!  I’m not even one day old!  I’m too young to die!

The Speaker then goes over to where he dropped his needle earlier and picks it up.

I don’t understand why they don’t give us tassels for these things.

The speaker then puts the hole in the handle up to his eye like he’s seen others do and looks around the room.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)
Speaker grabs his needle and looks through its eye. [3]

Woah! Everything looks really weird! You can see through people's clothes! AND SKIN! There's god damn x-ray glasses in this needle!

Spoiler: Drip (click to show/hide)

Drip pats Bob on the head nicely.

Put robe on.  Open own door.  Throw something from the room in and see what happens.  Can I go in my own chest-door?

Drip puts his robe back on. He then reopens the door in his chest and throws a random book through. It goes through and lands in the room beyond exactly as you'd expect if you just threw it through a regular door. He sticks an arm in as best he can. It goes through, just like through a regular door as well, but he can't bend far enough to get much in.

I read the briefing note, doing my best to memorize what's there, and then slowly step towards the teleporter.
Once on the other side I look around and attempt to orient myself, see what's around me that might be potentially useful.

Through the portal is a long solid metal hallway. Like...solid metal. No rivets, no seams, just a solid metal hall. Little metal swings hang from the roof and fist sized balls of fire swing back and forth, kicking tiny fire legs. Behind you is the teleport conduit, leaned up against the wall. That way ends abruptly in a featureless wall. The other way goes on for quite a while, but you see light at the end. You can faintly hear the sound of crying.

"Hm, you do not seem keen to be friends," Sunny D drops his hand to his side and shrugs "No matter I'll go befriend something else...Oh I know! he excitedly hops up and down "I'll be friends with the concept of friendship itself!" Sunny giggles then turns to nobody in specific.

"Hey Friendship? Wanna be friends?"

Become friends with Friendship itself.

[5]
Sunny feels a warmth in his heart and knows that he and friendship are already friends and always will be.

I love you too, abstract concept.

"Apparently an owl caused the scratches on the figurehead." Debby turns around to see if any of her colleagues had any input only to see that one of them is trying to murder someone. "Come on Elizabeth lets go over here far from everyone else and see if we can't figure stuff out."
Walk into a far corner away from everyone else and see if there isn't a painting I can interrogate, and see how Elizabeth is holding up after all that's happened.
[6]
You wander around until you find a statue of some kind of...big bat like thing. Gargoyle maybe?  You ask it about the murder and it responds with a sound like grinding stone:

"I'll tell you what I saw...for some blood."

Elizabeth is back to crying and hiding her face against you.

Youare he goes back to the office, enters and rejoins the rest of the group. He takes in the murder scene, and looks around for anything relating to a young person (Alice).

"Right. So Elias adopts a girl, Alice, and makes this place for her. She sickens and dies, he gets upset but refuses to leave."

"Or at least, that's what the stuffed owl told me. Very little of that makes any sense. A mage adopting someone... do mages ever care about people who aren't mages? And if he did care for her, how did a man who can rewrite the universe let her die of some illness? And why did he choose to live in a dead child's playpen? There's something pretty off here."

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
The doll seems very much like it might be hers.  Though it seems quite simple for something that her doting father would give her. Maybe its something from before she was adopted?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:25:14 pm by piecewise »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 03, 2021, 09:27:12 pm »

"Genesis! I don't want to fight to the death and you're outnumbered. Stop fighting now, and we can go back to solving this murder, instead of trying to cause another one!"

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2021, 09:32:24 pm »

"Genesis! I don't want to fight to the death and you're outnumbered. Stop fighting now, and we can go back to solving this murder, instead of trying to cause another one!"

((Isn’t the point about humonculi that they are expendable?))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2021, 09:33:59 pm »

((That doesn't mean the humonculi involved are happy about it. Besides, Genesis is useful.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:35:53 pm by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2021, 09:40:01 pm »

"Grey, Our Job is not only to find out what caused this Mage to die, but to pacify the Mage's home. Do you guys want to send this place into a rampage over a few pointy toys? Do you want to piss off our Employers by sending this place into a mad frenzy?

((They are. But they don't necessarily want to be.))

((edit: oops, forgot for a moment that my character color is lime green, not orange.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 10:04:34 pm by Ozarck »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2021, 09:59:46 pm »

"Hmh...Fine, you have a point. So long as you have a practical reason for this, I won't interfere."

After observing whatever follows for a few moments, Grey takes the the broken wheel-piece that got stuck in Elias, and fits it in place where it broke off the wheel. He then Maintains contact between the broken piece and the wood of the wheel. After which he will try turning the wheel again.

If the magic fails, he will settle for holding the broken piece in place as best he can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2021, 10:03:05 pm »

"Now you," Genesis snarls at Rairvuch, "You wanna drop Elias' belongins and apologize to Miss Elizabeth for your inconsideration?"

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2021, 10:26:53 pm »

"Good that that you're here. I don't think Mages can rewrite the universe, that's roughly the distinction between Mages and Magi, after all. My guess is that they have magic like you and me, but scaled up a bit."

"Maybe he lived here as some kind of mourning period?"

Unless Youre joins in on the fighting or something, Grey fills him in on everything he knows about the crime scene while he's messing with the wheel.

"As you can see, Elias is very dead. He somehow became impaled on this wheel here, which broke a piece off in him and he ended up over there. We also found a letter in his desk, in a language we couldn't read. Debby said that it was from someone asking him to return to his people and create warriors for some kind of war, it sounded fairly serious. It also mentioned that by their brand they would control and lead these warriors, and that they would be here soon. My guess is that it's from the witch we heard about. There's also a magical thumbprint burnt into, or branded I should say, on the back of this wheel here. Interesting no?"

"I don't know if you saw, but there are also some scratches on the figurehead over by the balcony outside. I think Debby said an owl caused it? Maybe the one you mentioned? Though I don't know if it could do that if it was stuffed. Not sure how that factors in to everything else."

"That's about all I know, I reckon."

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:14:07 pm by Fire and Glory »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2021, 11:24:15 pm »

I slowly walk towards the source of the crying, continuing to look around as I do so, looking for the source and preparing to offer comfort.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 04, 2021, 12:14:42 am »

The Speaker walks toward Genesis and Raivuch while tapping the shaft of his needle against his palm.

What’s going on here?”, he inquires.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus
« Reply #418 on: July 04, 2021, 02:52:14 am »

Bob watches the outcome of the scuffle to see if anything interesting happens. If he doesn't, he starts searching Elias' bookcase and the walls. Maybe there is a secret compartment up here or something.

Spoiler: Bob the Belter (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 04, 2021, 04:34:18 am »

"Well that shouldn't be to hard to get since some of my colleagues are busy killing each other."
Go find a cup or something to collect the blood of that guy that just got stabbed, then give the cup of blood to the statue.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116