Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 124196 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Ceramic Bread
« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2021, 03:43:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((If I’m holding things up, I’m sorry, I didn’t put the spoiler in my last post because it was just me saying I’m ready with no action. Should I do something like get below deck? I don’t know how large boats like this work))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #766 on: August 13, 2021, 04:07:53 am »

((If I’m holding things up, I’m sorry, I didn’t put the spoiler in my last post because it was just me saying I’m ready with no action. Should I do something like get below deck? I don’t know how large boats like this work))
((Not to worry, a lack of a spoiler shouldn't hold up anything.))

((Seeing how we're not actually part of the crew, I'd say the most natural place to be would be on the command bridge where you can keep an eye on things without getting in the way of the sailors. Staying on the deck should be fine too though.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2021, 06:44:02 am »

"Yar har, I be ready to set sail!"
Once the ship starts moving go to the armory and get a rifle and some ammo.
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Aggressively Silly
« Reply #768 on: August 14, 2021, 11:30:25 am »

AYE AYE CAPTAIN
look over the volunteers, how uh, off, do they same on average?
Also grab the weaponry, preferably a climbing axe, can always use a spare.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 14, 2021, 09:51:36 pm »

((Luta is on the Shore team))

((Ok.  No need to update The Speaker’s reply then.  Now to wait for either Luta or Genesis to reply to The Speaker…))

(Emphasis added)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Unique Pain
« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2021, 05:29:23 am »

Youare be ready to set sail, me hearties.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2021, 04:59:29 pm »

Shore team
Heading to visit the gutter.
"I don't think there's any point to going to the Atelier branch anyway. Not unless we get information we can bring with us to them. They'll just say 'we manage our artifacts properly, don't be crazy and don't accuse us of random stuff'. I personally think the sunk ship idea is a good one, but checking out the gutter is still a good starting point, so lets go."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 05:01:52 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2021, 06:21:21 pm »

"I was more interested in talking to that shipping company - the one with the Red Lion symbol. Visiting the Atalier was more a matter of personal curiosity, and only something I would do if we happened ot be in the area. It may not ever matter to us, but being familiar wiht our own organization might be helpful at some point."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #773 on: August 16, 2021, 09:29:55 pm »

((Did I get a fate point for that?)

”Hey Greed, I’ll give you my needle and a sword if you let me have your needle”

Trade with Greed if he agrees to it.
Spoiler: Luta (click to show/hide)
Seems he is unwilling.

get grey to put that maintain ability to breathe spell on me again and shout “ready to set sail”.

((Did I get a fate point for that?)

”Hey Greed, I’ll give you my needle and a sword if you let me have your needle”

Trade with Greed if he agrees to it.

“Hahaha... no.  If you really want to get rid of the Aerolith spell, request bob to wrap one of his belts around your needle and stab it into a tree.  Of course, if you get it disenchanted I would be perfectly willing to put a laser spell or something into your needle.”
We shall see if he does that.

get grey to put that maintain ability to breathe spell on me again and shout “ready to set sail”.
((In the future if you want anything from Grey, you can ask him/me instead of putting it in an action. It's not like PW has control over what Grey chooses to do.))

"I don't have anything important to do at the moment, so I'll grant your request. Just know that if I find anything more pressing to Maintain, I'll Maintain that instead of your breathing, so don't get carried away with it."

"Have you ever seen Homunculi before?"
"The boss is one. Aside from him, no."
This is moderately interesting, so Grey relays it to everyone his needle is linked to*, as well as anyone nearby. Those who are interested, anyways.

"So the captain just told me that his boss, the guy on the shore, is a Homunculi. I hadn't thought our employers were the kind who offered administration work to our likes."

*(Genesis, Debby, Bob, Youare, Tess, Luta, Lambent Flame)

Grey again Maintains Greed's ability to breathe and is ready to set sail, yarr.

Later Grey goes below decks to try and get whoever is in charge of the armory to give him a rifle, telling them he needs it for magical purposes.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[3]...Well he'll get a few seconds of it at least.

[1] Attempting to talk one of the crew into getting you a rifle ends up with you tied up on the deck, with mittens stuffed over your hands and a sign reading "NO SHARP OBJECTS" around your neck.

What friendly sea going fellows.

Youare be ready to set sail, me hearties.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

A fine salty dog.

AYE AYE CAPTAIN
look over the volunteers, how uh, off, do they same on average?
Also grab the weaponry, preferably a climbing axe, can always use a spare.

The volunteers...well this depends. Are you talking about the members of your group that volunteered? In that case they look...about as you'd expect. If you're talking about the crew volunteers, you actually can't pick them out from the normal sailors so thats probably a good sign.

"Why would we have a climbing ax here? This is a boat, not a mountain."

"Yar har, I be ready to set sail!"
Once the ship starts moving go to the armory and get a rifle and some ammo.
For wizards you're all really eager to get weapons substantially less powerful than what you already have.

Looks like everyone is ready...

The Leaden Crown sets out with a deafening peal of its fog horns and a few sweeps of its searchlights. The daylight is rapidly failing and the horizon is already a smear of darkness only lit by occasional flickers of lightning. As the ship very slowly weaves its way out through the last of the returning boats and the foam-wreathed rocks the captain gets the majority of the crew on deck. With him are several other mates pushing metal carts carrying rifles, axes, and harpoons.  The harpoons are carted off and latched down near the harpoon guns, but the other weapons are brought to the line of sailors, volunteers, and homunculi.

"Every man gets an Ax. Every man gets a rifle." the Captain says as the weapons are handed out down the line. "Every man fights. We've got volunteers and some special assistance here, so I'll explain the general procedures.  Depth charges to bring it up, harpoons to bleed and bind it, cannons if it gets troublesome. Axes and Rifles for anything that comes off it, or if it gets particularly friendly. Now, as for the special helpers here, I need you in three groups: First is our harassers: those of you able to do things that weaken our prey. Second group is our support: those of you who can protect the ship and her crew. Last, our killers: for everyone whose only skill is violence.  Divide yourselves up and be ready to follow my commands."

As the last rifles are handed out the captain points towards the storm

"The hammer is out there in that storm. We want to avoid hunting it in there if we can, so we're going to try and draw it out. We've got chum tanks fitted  and we're going to try and bait it into the open while we skirt the storm. Problem with that is we likely won't catch the hammer first try; chances are we'll attract the attention of some other horrible beasties before. Now, I am perfectly content to reduce any would be upstart guppy to more chum for our cause, but I wanted to ask our visitors if they have any better solution to our problem? I have frankly no idea what you lot can do, so if one of you has the ability to summon fish or some such thing, speak up now." 

Shore Team:Genesis, Speaker, Tess
To the boss guy.
"I think the only questions I have left for you are personal ones. Thank you for your time. Oh, is there a name we should use for you? I don't believe 'boss' quite works for us."
Visit the gutter, Thomas.
To Tess and Speaker:"I think our next step is to visit this gutter. 350 miles is a bit of a walk, after all. I suppose if the Magi wanted us there they'd have dropped us there. We can try to get a ride that way though, if you guys want. Might make it before the ship gets into trouble."((Genesis will simplify and speak slow and loud for Speaker when he inevitably mishears, as we walk to the gutter's place.))

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)
"Ericson is the name I was given."

Shore team
Heading to visit the gutter.
"I don't think there's any point to going to the Atelier branch anyway. Not unless we get information we can bring with us to them. They'll just say 'we manage our artifacts properly, don't be crazy and don't accuse us of random stuff'. I personally think the sunk ship idea is a good one, but checking out the gutter is still a good starting point, so lets go."

Well, it appears the land doesn’t want to talk right now!

The Speaker heads back in and walks up to Genesis.

Now, what is the thing we’re looking for called?  And where is it most likely to be found?  Also, if you could please not mumble or mouth your words, it would be nice.

Gutter, as it turns out, is apply named. Inquiries after Thomas leads the shore group down to the waterline and into a long building stretching between two of the long metal fingers of the docks. They're processing fish here, turning the still flopping creatures and the corpses of leviathans into crates of salted and smoked meat. Thomas is standing at one end of a path of metal rollers, lugging aquatic flesh off hooks and expertly disemboweling it with a few quick cuts before sending the carcass onward down the line. He throws an armload of intestines into a metal vat before handing his knife off to another man and coming to speak with you.

He's a middle aged man, somewhat short, thin, and pale skinned but clearly deceptively strong and robust considering his work.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 16, 2021, 10:52:45 pm »

You know what, fuck it. I’m going back to a seaside cliff and spending my new fate point on the KRAKEN again. Using the ROCK CHICKEN STATUE
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 16, 2021, 11:27:01 pm »

After having spent the entire walk down ot the shore attempting to communicate with the Speaker, Genesis waves the Speaker off to teh side while he talks to the gutter. ((I literally had it in my previous action, Cat, to speak slow and loud for Speaker's benefit, so either assume he at some point was properly informed, or assume that Genesis got very fed up with it and made clear that Speaker was annoying him.))

Shore Team:Genesis, Speaker, Tess
To Thomas Sysiscy:
"Hello. I am called Genesis. I am a homunculus, one of a group sent by the Magi to assist this town in it's hunt for the Hammer. We have been told that the problem is caused by a misplaced Rod of Bounty. We have several ideas on how a Rod of Bounty may have ended up in the sea instead of in the farmlands where it apparently belongs. One of those theories is that it may have been in your town the day that town slid into the sea. I am sorry to bring up unpleasant memories, but if you could tell me anything about your former town and the events of that day, it would be helpful."
Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 17, 2021, 12:13:01 am »

For wizards you're all really eager to get weapons substantially less powerful than what you already have.
((It's for magic. You'll see. Maybe.))

"I wasn't actually going to shoot the captain. These seafarers really don't know how to take a joke..."

"Dew! Do you think you can untie me? I had a misunderstanding with the men downstairs."

Grey gets untied by Youare. He ditches the sign and mittens afterwards.

Grey also tries to determine where his needle and saber ended up, and retrieves them.

After talking with the other Homunculi, Grey speaks up to catch the captain's attention.

"Captain! I believe I know of a way to drag it out of the storm, but it won't be easy."

"So long as we're heading in the beast's general direction, and we're coming closer to it, I think I can create a link between it and this ship which will draw the two together, reeling it in like a fish on a hook, so to speak.”

“The trouble is that this is a very big fish, so it's going to be a battle between us and The Hammer to see whether we can pull it out of the storm, or if it can pull us in. I don't know if this ship is strong and heavy enough to drag a mean leviathan out of the storm, so if you think it is, captain, we can give it a shot."

"There's also the possibility that it's just too far away for me to reach it, but we should know if the magic works or not."

If the captain agrees to the fish-on-a-hook plan, then while the Leaden Crown is headed towards the storm, Grey spends 2 fate on Maintaining the rate at which the Leaden Crown and the entity known as The Hammer are becoming closer together. The idea is to create a paradox where there is a shortening distance between the ship and the monster even after the ship has stopped and started to reverse. So hopefully the magic will correct this paradox and bring the two objects closer together regardless.

If the magic fails to catch, Grey lets the captain know and he can go with the original plan.

If the magic does catch, Grey informs the captain that he should start reversing the ship, and if after a while it looks like the ship is going to get dragged into the storm, or, god forbid, it looks like the ship is going to get pulled underwater, Grey attempts to break the connection.

If the captain thinks this is a bad idea (it could be), then Grey spends 1 fate on Maintaining the ship's hull instead.

To accomplish either of these things, Grey cuts the mediocre Maintaining of Greed's ability to breathe.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:33:27 am by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 17, 2021, 01:44:10 am »

((Guess neither Luta nor Genesis is going to reply to the Speaker.))

The Speaker goes over to the waterfront and asks the sea if there is a hammer in it and, if so, where it can be found.

Spoiler: The Speaker (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 17, 2021, 01:53:34 am »

((As I said, Genesis' reply was already built into my previous action post. Cat, silly RP is one thing, but demanding people to reply constantly to direct and deliberate misinterpretations can get tiring. When literally everything a person says is ignored, misrepresented, or flat out rejected, that person soon stops wanting to communicate. Time to wrap this character arc up, Cat.

Edit: Also, since you've apparently ignored my direct addressing of the issue for the last two action posts I have made, please consider Genesis' tolerance to be at it's end.))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:57:22 am by Ozarck »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 17, 2021, 02:05:24 am »

((Interesting, I don’t remember seeing that.  In any case The Speaker has poor hearing (although he claims he doesn’t).  I would have expected that Luta at least would have tried to get The Speaker to understand her question so she could get the info she wanted, but she seems to have gone off somewhere.  Anyway, The Speaker is down by the shore tempting fate.  If you’re lucky, he’ll either pinpoint The Hammer’s location, or you won’t have to deal with him any more…))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 116