Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 93208 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2021, 09:02:49 pm »

Time to plan for end of day.
I have a roleblock/protect role, so I can lock down one person
Roden can declare that they will track someone, limiting the options of a second person
Tric can redirect one action onto themselves once, forcing the hand of a third person

I think we can create a breaking strategy from that, especially since the lynch and Toony's kill brings us to five people.  It works if all three of us declare whom we are going to be targeting, I think.  If any of us are lying, it should be fairly obvious Day Two.
It should keep mafia from getting off their kill silently.

Since Toonyman's shot apparently goes off at the same time as the lynch, Toonyman will have to declare his target prior to the lynch.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2021, 09:09:49 pm »

I have to make sure the scum team isn't Toonyman and Vector, as under that scenario we'd be boned with two votes on NJW.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2021, 09:17:19 pm »

Guys, I think we have to vote Toonyman.

If Toonyman is mafia, he can now hammer for two shots at end of day.  The Toonyman/Vector scum team needed to find out if there was a roleblocker or doctor, and who had it, before they could hammer for the win.  They never suspected each other.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2021, 09:37:48 pm »

The Wall (please oh please read and analyze):
1. I'm very against no-kill D1.
...because no-kill D1 denies the Toonyman/Vector scumteam of their 3 shots and win. Those would be the Lynch, the End-day Shot, and the Night Kill.

PS: I'm good with the "Toony shoots and NL if they're town" plan. I'm also OK with NJW, even. That would give us a lot of information about EJ and Tric, and I genuinely think NJW could be scum.

I know that I've been one of the options. If you decide I'm going to die today, you need to let me claim first. I'll be on tonight but I may be absent for a while because, you know, I have grad school.

The request.  What I'm now seeing as coordination, and an excuse for Toonyman to stall a bit.

In terms of my final decision making for today...

I'll be shooting NJW or Tric if the lynch isn't one of them today so.

If the lynch is one of them I might still kill the other or Met during end phase, not sure right now.

PPE:
Also means Toony has a way to survive tonight if Jack is telling the truth.. Sorta inclined to believe him.

I would hope so, your statements gave the impression you wanted the doctor to out themselves:

Turning this on it's head. Do mafia have a nightkill? We have a lot of roles that can mess with things so far. Vector isn't talking, and you bring this out an ask who we want dead. Even though...
Hmm. Do we have a doctor or not is my question. Right now we have a redirect, a track, and vig. Of the remaining, if two are mafia alligned. Granted, one of us could be.. Are you attempting to draw the doctor to target you?
... Not that that makes sense with the idea there is no mafia kill, but still. Perhaps as an ally. (Not enough info here. Day 2 gives a lot more based on what happens at night.)

Trying to act like it's Tric's fault that I slipped and revealed the one role they desperately needed to show in order pull off the win.  I knew my role was too powerful for this setup...

Please oh please explain how I'm wrong.  Start talking about it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2021, 09:45:19 pm »

Vector is likely to vote me once they read my posts about them

????????????????
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2021, 09:46:11 pm »

Final evidence: The push on NJW who DIDN'T claim an active ability, as that is indicative of a Bulletproof, which can only die to the Lynch and not Toonyman's bullet OR the night kill.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2021, 09:48:32 pm »

How is not claiming an active ability indicative of bulletproof?

Please get some sleep and then come back.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2021, 09:49:46 pm »

Yeah, I should probably UNVOTE as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2021, 09:49:54 pm »

The Toonyman/Vector scum team needed to find out if there was a roleblocker or doctor, and who had it, before they could hammer for the win.

Which is why I said that I didn't want a fullclaim, which I already ate shit for. Please keep up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2021, 10:23:47 pm »

Could have mentioned that. Does it still proc if we lynch you?
Yes. If people try to push for me I will absolutely bring down my top suspect with me.

For some clarity, my daykill only pops at the same time the lynch happens. We can't flip someone and then decide on someone else the same day. It'll be simultaneous. I guess it's for game balance.
That's not a day kill lol. This changes everything, it's way less safe than an actual day kill if it's conditional on there being an elimination.
Can you tell us the name of your role? And does your day kill count as an actual Vig shot or is it technically a second lynch?
There doesn't have to be an elimination, they die at the end of the day regardless. I apologize for not clarifying this sooner but I wanted to get some good reactions and voices on who people would like to see dead during the day, this is why I'm stating it now.

The full name is One-Shot Day Poisoner. My flavor's hidden profession is toxicologist.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2021, 10:24:52 pm »

They will know they were poisoned so they can confirm this before dying which confirms my kill, or they can lie which proves they're mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2021, 10:44:13 pm »

@TricMagic:
Do mafia have a nightkill?
Guess we'll find out, huh?

@NJW:
Between Tric and Met who do you think is a more likely hit?
... Met hadn't actually had time to post. So why do you assume him to be Mafia? I mean, you assume me too, but I haven't had any interactions with him. No one has. Well, other than jack, but that's quite recent. He's still in the push stage of voting.
My top suspects are you, NJW, and Met. There's either two mafia or mafia+ally so you can't all three be mafia. I think the rest of the players are likely town. This leaves Met (which I will need to read their posts now that they're here) and you two. This is why I would like to hear your opinion of the other two.

I think Tric/NJW is my top pick, but I could see Met/Tric, Met/NJW, or possibly Met/Vector.

I am not targeting Roden or Jack as not only have they openly stated their abilities willingly, but I think they're town.

You have also shared your ability - which I am grateful for - however it was under Vector's pressure which makes it less convincing to me than Round 1, does this make sense?

So dead either way. Yeah, no ToonyMan, I don't buy it. This is the first I've heard of it occurring and day end. And that's important information. I don't mind dying if I take you out.

Seriously, you left us with the impression we'd have discussion time, but it occurring at day end changes the narrative entirely. That makes it closer to a Mafia breaker than a town-aligned breaker.
The fact you don't mind dying here is actually pretty towny. Mafia should be 90% sure I'm not lying about my ability which means there's no way they'd risk getting taken down with me unless they have major guts. I like it.

@Met:
NJW
i would expect town!njw to respond to tric pointing out the logical leaps made by now, especially considering njw has posted since then and responded to something else entirely. my guess is that the badlogic was a genuine scumslip and njw just ignoring it, and hoping people forget about it

the right thing to do when you scumslip is explain how it isn't a scumslip and then win the game off of it with charisma by getting all of your detractors yeeted
How do you feel about Vector?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2021, 10:49:07 pm »

PS Actually [flexes] it's a PhD in mathematics

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2021, 10:53:35 pm »

You could say I am an expert in being toxic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 153