Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 94440 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2021, 12:41:02 am »

Tric claims they targeted me and Jack.

Why do you keep repeating this when it is wrong? See above.  I wasn't targeted AS PER TRIC.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #481 on: October 11, 2021, 03:29:58 am »

MetMet

Proof I'm mostly unavailable

Let me explain this post.

I wanted to vote Met to get the lynch, since I was thinking about the game and felt someone scumslipped.  So I looked over the posts, and it was Met that made the post.  Tric's jumping onto me to tie and keep Met alive was highly suspicious, so I wanted to vote.  But I was on my cell phone, and I couldn't easily color the vote red.  That proves I was "mostly unavailable", since I was using a phone while interacting with other, and that delay cost the vote.

Personally, I think Tric is either mafia with Met or Tric is Mafia-ally that thinks Met is mafia.  Only one way to be sure...
unfortunately i'm not confirmable today because what the fuck, but i think the fact that literally nobody is dead is proof that what i said wasn't a scumslip

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2021, 03:32:41 am »

@mod if a player is targeted by a jailkeeper are they targetable by any other actions at night?
@are you using Normal Action Resolution to determine the order of night actions this game?

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2021, 03:35:29 am »

.. If we go with Jack being the Mafia(or me), then it might not be best if we know what the other two did. Then again, it could be helpful. I err on the side of not knowing what they can do, since that means Mafia won't either.

On the other hand, NJW is Mafia. That means we either have a Watcher/Tracker team, since claiming you can track and confirm Jack would be stupid if you couldn't. Or it's one of the other two.

Alternatively, Ninja. But given the roles involved? We'd have a Jailkeep who has no kill to protect from, two information roles, and a redirector. On top of Toony's Poison. And Lover in play. That's too crazy, but if true we'd need charts to track everything.

Looking at things, I can hope they could clear it up(they being Vector/Met). Met might be a vig, in which case we could save the poison kill. Hence him considering it 'death heavy'. With Lover that would certainly track.

What if mafia got a watcher, and NJW is scumbuddies with the watcher?  The scumbuddy says "I saw NJW, Tric, and EJ visit Toonyman".
Then NJW reports 66% truthfully.
Yes that is a possible argument. Who would be NJW's partner? Roden, Met, or Vector?

With that argument, Roden.  It would be close to Roden's claim of tracker, and explain why NJW posted their watcher claim BEFORE Roden, who claimed tracker and was their Prime scum suspect all day 1.

Although, it might make more sense for the "mafia kill - Infect two with lovers" to also have a watcher ability tagged onto it.
That's also a possibility.

... Jack, please Unvote? Well, Unvote. If there is a town vig in play, we could solve this.
my pronouns are they/them
I won't fullclaim the nature of my role but it involves interaction with the dead.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2021, 03:39:55 am »

This is supposed to be mostly vanilla but it seems like a lot of the high impact roles this setup are bastard. Also, the fact everyone has a power role makes this so scumsided because people are too busy trying to figure out what happened instead of just catching scum. Whoever voted to save me is absolutely town because scum would just pretend to be afk and take a free yeet.

I'm still not confirmable tonight by tracker.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2021, 04:15:11 am »

Sorry, had a really busy day. I Tracked Jack and he did target Toony. I'm kinda baffled by everything that's happened today, but the thing I'm most confused about is how Toony got a Lovers effect if Jack Jailed him. I'm pretty sure Jailkeeper protects from all lethal effects? So either Jack lied about his action, NJW lied about the total visits Toony had, Tric lied about his action and is a Strongman, or scum have a Ninja Strongman Lovers Maker. Which uhhh what the fuck.

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2021, 05:14:17 am »

It looks like jailkeeper is just a combined doctor roleblocker. Changing someone's role is not a killing ability, so there's no reason a jailkeeper targeting them would prevent their role from being changed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2021, 09:36:05 am »

Looks at Meta and Jack. To note, my ability does require I pick two targets. The first which I'm redirecting, and the second which is the new target. And Meta, we already went through this, read the thread. Not just pop in, claim a death-related role, then pop out. I remember the game with the necromancer claiming Medium.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2021, 09:57:03 am »

As it stands, Met isn't claiming Vig. Just something death related. Which doesn't help. Vector's the only one left. As it stands, it's still looking likely it's Jack/Roden. Or NJW if Jack is town.

Given Lover isn't going to kill Toony immediately, and is probably related to the mafia.. I really hope they don't have a kill so they can just instant-win over the night. Outside of info Vector could give, poisoning me and lynching jack is probably best. Unless we can figure out an alternative where it...

NJW is the reason we think there are two people who targeted Toony, me and Jack. So any team setup where the three of us are town requires that he be mafia, which overturns the validity of his watch result.

Meta, did you do anything last night. Same question with Vector. Who did you target if so? That's really the only other option we have.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2021, 09:57:44 am »

my pronouns are they/them

I'm just going to step in and say that Metruption having to say this twice in the same game is fucked up. Get it right and keep it right guys, sheesh.

I have a bunch of posts isolated, I'm putting something together.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2021, 10:11:41 am »

Why is Met pretty town to you?

I think that at the time I felt scum going out of their way to explain 7 v 2 mafia and lylo/mylo was not so likely:

in 5v2 you absolutely want to yeet every time
if you don't yeet the it's 4v2 next day which means you either yeet correctly (which is harder to do than in 3v2 because more townies to hit) so you can choose to not yeet and then give scum another night kill. just having the wagon analysis is so nice

But I also liked this post. It's dense with a few good points.

I don't like jack's play. It's similar to last game but instead of never taking a real stance this game jack is taking many weak stances. NJW seems like a player I will have difficulty reading. Ultimately I'll have to do some kind of agenda meta analysis. The way Tric tunnels on roden is notable

Ultimately I'm neutral now. I think the pro-town evidence is weaker but there are also far more scumtells from other people; so I am inclined to pay more attention to them first instead of the lurker who has too much going on. The day's kind of exploded.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2021, 10:11:52 am »

Whoever voted to save me is absolutely town because scum would just pretend to be afk and take a free yeet.
That would be Tric. I'm starting to feel the same that Tric is just town.

I'm still not confirmable tonight by tracker.
Is this because nobody is dead still?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2021, 10:12:40 am »

EBWOP: I meant to add that after thinking about it more I realized that explaining mechanics is a great way for scum to increase their town equity. IDK, I was tired and distracted.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2021, 10:17:07 am »

Sorry, had a really busy day. I Tracked Jack and he did target Toony.
Thank you for the claim. Why did you decide on Jack?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2021, 10:22:25 am »

Claim: I Watched ToonyMan. He was visited by TricMagic and EuchreJack.[/i]

Possibly there would have been an advantage from holding some of that back, maybe claiming watcher instead, but eh, I think I'd have had to lie about my role or something and I don't like that kind of gambit.

I am having a really hard time understanding how these two statements work together.

Of Metruption, Roden, and EJ, who do you presently think is most likely to be scum based on EoD?
Sorry, should have answered this earlier, impolite of me.

Only Euchre was really present at end of day, right? Jack lunging to make the kill happen was exactly what he did as scum last game, but he could have genuinely suspected Met. As I've said, Met was basically anti-town, not sure I'd assign scum yet though. And yeah, I assume Roden wasn't lying about being asleep, but I still think Roden/Jack is a pretty plausible team. Hard to decide between Jack or Roden, but Roden does gutread a bit worse to me.

Anyhow, we now have claims and mechanical information, so... any particular reason for this specific question?

I think analyzing the end of day is still helpful even with mechanical claims.

Eh? I explained why I read you as scum D1. Vector asked me to post reads on three players based on the end of yesterday, if this post is what you're worried about. Odd thing to ask D2, but whatever.

I really don't understand why it's so weird to ask about EoD wagons at the start of D2 when -- note -- I was the first to post and there was no mechanical information available.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 153