Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 60

Author Topic: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition  (Read 59455 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War in Ukraine News Update - Junior Reporter Edition
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2022, 09:59:03 am »

Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov: “If Ukraine continues its provocations by attacking Russian cities, Russia will be forced to declare war"
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2022, 11:39:15 am »

And what practical difference would that make?  Russia has been claiming that this was a "special military operation" or whatever, but do they even have any capability to deploy more forces than they already have?

I guess it makes more sense if it's just a propaganda tactic to deflect internal dissent.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2022, 11:43:04 am »

If this is what Russian "not war" looks like, what do they escalate to? The nukes?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2022, 11:55:05 am »

And what practical difference would that make?  Russia has been claiming that this was a "special military operation" or whatever, but do they even have any capability to deploy more forces than they already have?

I guess it makes more sense if it's just a propaganda tactic to deflect internal dissent.

That's what I was thinking. It could also be that this is a way for them to explain to their own people why there are so many soldiers dying if it is "not a war".

Then again, the Kremlin is lying so much that guessing their real intentions is like trying to read tea leaves.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2022, 05:30:46 pm »

Russia swear revenge for alleged attacks on the Russian village of Klimovo.
Russia claims a Ukrainian attack helicopter attacked the village.

Ukraine denies, saying this is exactly what they warned for a few days ago, that Russia would attack it's own civilians to create more anti-Ukraine sentiment.

Russia says it will hit Kyiv with bombs and rocket attacks in revenge for the 'terrorist sabotage attacks on Russia'.

Frankly, I wouldn't put it past Russia to build up a village just so they could attack it themselves and blame Ukraine, but lets get back to the Junior Reporting.
Which means posting links from sources, then posting links from other sources, then fact checking the crap out of these things.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2022, 05:32:56 am »

BBC reports that one more Russian general is dead.

Spoiler: from BBC live updates (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2022, 08:03:18 pm »

ptw

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2022, 01:08:52 am »

How many generals is that now?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2022, 05:58:53 am »

One could say the war is starting to significantly affect Russia's general population
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2022, 03:49:12 pm »

The anticipated assault on the eastern region is underway.

Quote from: BBC live updates
Battle for the Donbas now underway - Zelensky

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky says the "battle for the Donbas" is now underway.

His comments follow warnings from other senior officials that Russia has begun its much anticipated assault on the eastern region on Monday.

"We can now confirm that Russian troops have begun the battle for the Donbas, which they have been preparing for a long time. A large part of the Russian army is now dedicated to this offensive"
--President Volodymyr Zelensky

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2022, 04:12:13 pm »

One could say the war is starting to significantly affect Russia's general population

HA HA!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2022, 02:22:15 pm »

According to the Guardian, Russia has deployed ~20000 cannon fodder mercenaries in Donbas.

Quote from: The Guardian
Russia deploys up to 20,000 mercenaries from Syria, Libya and elsewhere in Donbas

Russia has deployed up to 20,000 mercenaries from Syria, Libya and elsewhere in Ukraine’s Donbas region, sent into battle with no heavy equipment or armoured vehicles, according to a European official.

The official said the estimates of mercenary involvement on the ground in eastern Ukraine range from 10,000 to 20,000 and that it was hard to break down that figure between Syrians, Libyans and other fighters recruited by the Russian mercenary company, the Wagner Group.

“What I can tell you is that we did see some transfer from these areas, Syria and Libya, to the eastern Donbas region, and these guys are mainly used as a mass against the Ukrainian resistance,” the official told reporters. “It’s infantry. They don’t have any heavy equipment or vehicles.”

The mercenaries are being thrown into the Russian effort to capture as much as possible of eastern Ukraine, in what western defence officials have described as a rush to have some sort of victory that Vladimir Putin can announce at the 9 May military parade in Moscow commemorating the second world war.

The Kremlin is seen as having four objectives in this second phase of its war in Ukraine, the European official said:

• Capturing the Donbas.
  • Securing a land bridge to Crimea, in which the besieged city of Mariupol is key.
  • Seizing Kherson Oblast to secure the supply of fresh water to Crimea.
  • Capturing additional territory that could be used as a buffer or a bargaining chip in negotiations.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2022, 08:43:42 pm »

Russia is allegedly using bunker-busters against the Azovstal plant, the Guardian reports.

Quote from: The Guardian
Russia has been hitting the Azovstal steel plant, the main remaining Ukrainian stronghold in the city of Mariupol, with bunker-buster bombs, a Ukrainian presidential adviser has claimed.

“The world watches the murder of children online and remains silent,” Mykhailo Podolyak wrote on Twitter.

Mariupol’s city council said on Monday that over 1,000 civilians were sheltering in basement premises underneath the Azovstal plant.

Russia has denied targeting civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 60