Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 53329 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #495 on: November 19, 2022, 10:49:09 pm »

Heh, if he hadn't so clearly demonstrated his ignorance in the last couple weeks I'd almost be willing to think elmo deliberately let the orange cunt back on the site just before it gets crushed by the world cup to fuck with him, but no, he's just a twat.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 20, 2022, 02:04:27 am »

Out of interest, I opened up my long-unviewed @realDonaldTrump tab, and saw the latest tweets appear to be 8/Jan/2001, still, at least just prior to my saying this... Maybe I needed to refresh it, but as the last 'glance' before that had the Banned message...

Except that Twitter has also changed, in the last 22 months. It seems to have a time-delayed "splash across the page" to get me to log in (and create an account, if necessary, which it would be), so that I effectively can't just scroll through as an unregistered user. There's no close-the-popover hotspot obvious (could be white-on-white, but there didn't seem to be a hotspot in the usual corner-positions) and it effectively prevents my old practice of read-only twitter-binging (which probably wasn't healthy anyway), diving into things of interest.

Might be a Mobile Site peculiarity (until I force the browser to work in desktop-site mode) or one which I can neuter by other fancy browser functionality, but the banner suggesting I use the App (installed, but never used) was already there in its only slightly annnoying (and ignorable, not needing any particular fuss). And not sure if this splashover is Musk's deliberate doing, even, if he's already been firing anybody who might be competent enough to effectively accountwall the site as part of some further destructive and counterproductive strategy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 20, 2022, 02:21:15 am »

You can scroll. click log in and then close the window that pops up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 20, 2022, 11:52:34 am »

Probably best for my blood pressure (not particularly at risk, but that's before Twitter) to just take the hint and go and do something else differently unproductive... ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #499 on: November 21, 2022, 07:20:48 am »

Kathy Griffin (comedian who did the severed Trump head pic) is also unbanned on Twitter alongside Trump

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 08, 2022, 05:25:41 pm »

Is this about the twitter files incident?

I’m shocked, just shocked! I can’t believe he’d throw it all away to do PR for a billionaire /s
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 08, 2022, 05:56:01 pm »

Is this about the twitter files incident?

I’m shocked, just shocked! I can’t believe he’d throw it all away to do PR for a billionaire /s

No, like, the entire situation.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 08, 2022, 06:22:23 pm »

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. I don't see any new stories about Twitter.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 08, 2022, 06:33:28 pm »

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. I don't see any new stories about Twitter.

AAAAAA-

My gosh... Alright.

The "situation" I am talking about is Elon acquiring Twitter and running it into the ground. The music I linked is called "Omg, What has he done?", which plays when the Portal 2 character Wheatley is destroying the facility due to being a moron.

Is it clear now? Do I need to get more verbose about what was once a simple joke?

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 08, 2022, 06:36:17 pm »

Oh, that is already happening. I've moved on, and hope the US proposed ban on Government phones having TikTok is expanded to Twitter. I mean, Twitter gave us Trump, so it has to Go.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 09, 2022, 02:16:04 am »

Why bother banning it, it's gonna be dead in a few months at this rate.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 09, 2022, 02:27:38 am »

Why bother banning it, it's gonna be dead in a few months at this rate.

We Beat Dead Horses in the US.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 09, 2022, 11:00:44 am »

Speaking of TikTok, I didn't know that this was how it was: TikTok in China vs US https://imgur.com/gallery/zc7ty1a

I mean I presume 60 minutes is still a reliable source, they have a pretty good renommé I believe? I also have not watched the entire show on it, just this small clip.
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 10, 2022, 02:59:34 am »

I'm still not 100% sure what the hell TikTok is, as far as I can tell it's like a shitty youtube filled with narcissists.

We Beat Dead Horses in the US.
Beating a dead horse is a tradition all over the world, always fun to hit dead things with a stick.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 69