Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 52582 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #570 on: December 21, 2022, 08:36:11 pm »

Strangely enough, lying to police is actually a crime about which the police have zero sense of humor.  Who knew?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 22, 2022, 09:02:40 am »

I look at it like this... Musk's security team are going to be taking their job seriously, regardless of how Musk publicly acts. It is their reputation as a "security team" that is on the line and they need to both protect the Musk "family" and follow the laws regarding dealing with other people who intentionally or unintentionally get in the way.

The guy was probably observed more than once and was probably video'd, before they took the action of dealing with him. I don't know if that guy following the security team is the same as the guy Musk tweeted as "blocked car from moving & climbed onto hood", but both actions are the sort that police would need to investigate and the police would take the time to determine if crimes were done by either party. Maybe the security team lashed out hard... or maybe was it justified because there was an observable threat?

How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 22, 2022, 11:35:50 am »

Ever saw the video with the convoy that wants to get into lane, of course new yorker won't let them have 3 spots (FUCK THEM THEY MATTER JUST AS LITTLE AS EVERYBODY ELSE) and then some fat piece of shit "bodyguard" goes to interrupt circulation so that they can assume thier "formation" again?!

was probably observed more than once

Where is the presumption of innonence y'all had a shitfit about recently, ugh KMN
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 22, 2022, 02:53:45 pm »

Elon Musk would never lie about something he has a personal stake in so that he can try to ban people from his platform that are criticizing him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2022, 04:25:43 am »

This entire ordeal has been noting but entertaining if he wasn't such a moron you'd think he was doing it on propose.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 23, 2022, 08:49:11 am »

I'm not sure if I've been mislead or not but to me it appears that the victim is an actual stalker of Musk's and his ex's. Personally I don't think that gives his bodyguard the right to beat him up regardless but there's probably a real situation behind it.
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 23, 2022, 03:08:25 pm »

Musk has been misusing the word "stalker" from what I've seen.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 24, 2022, 02:42:16 pm »

@dragdeler
So, "the presumption of innocence" is always adjacent to "the accusation". Both must be evaluated because when one appears, the other is automatically created in opposition. Both sides must be argued, regardless of your opinion of those people involved.

Once security people get into Musk's price range, they tend to handle things professionally and as a team. I am not saying they are sweet and law-abiding people; I am saying they know the laws and they protect themselves legally before starting a conflict. They start conflicts intentionally to push people away from their clients, but first they gather evidence to protect themselves.

In this situation, both parties are guilty here of pushing legal boundaries; this is about anti-stalker and anti-paparazzi laws. These laws that protect individuals and celebrities; do you think these laws only apply to people you like or identify with? There are two cases here... guy threatening Musk and Musk's people threatening the guy.

The guy was following Musk or Musk's security teams and they took video evidence of it. Once they had enough video of him following them, they questioned him in his car, asking specific questions for future court evidence, then they set up the conflict that resulted in the guy on the hood of the car and he was probably acting very emotionally.

Musk's security team will press charges against the guy and the guy is going to lose in court, because they already gathered the evidence showing he was stalking Musk, "stalking" according to the law.

Unless the guy also has evidence of that final conflict showing the security team broke the law, Musk's team will probably not be charged because the narrative in court will not be "guy was attacked by security team" but "the security team was protecting Musk and his family and the final conflict was the result of the defendant's emotional state".

Outside of this case, here is the maxim:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 11, 2023, 04:13:25 pm »

Elon Musk says he’s found a woman to lead Twitter as new CEO
He did not name her but said she will be starting in about six weeks.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 11, 2023, 04:30:47 pm »

Elona Musk
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 11, 2023, 04:36:17 pm »

Wow 39 pages over Musk taking over twitter  :o

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2023, 07:59:45 pm »

god forbid women do anything
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 11, 2023, 08:31:40 pm »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 11, 2023, 10:10:18 pm »

Who honestly cares about twatter?  It exudes pure stupidity.  There is nothing good about it, and Elon Musk being an absolute moron more or less ensures its demise.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69