Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 53338 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!
« Reply #1005 on: December 01, 2023, 01:36:32 am »

I doubt it because he's done so much to it at this point that it's reputation is complete garbage and they'd be better off making a whole new site and starting from scratch, which would probably be way cheaper than buying it for whatever ungodly sum of money he'd want for it.
If twitter goes bankrupt he probably doesn't have a choice but to sell it given the debts he put on it to buy it.
Also Musks twitter has a terrible rep, that all goes away once new people who won't tolerate Nazis (cause its bad for business) and will pa; the server bills come back and take over.

In the end AFAIK its still a pretty unique service with a ton of potential users, the brand and code is still easily worth billions and as Euchre says will just be revived when the dark heart of X beats its last.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 01, 2023, 03:21:05 am »

If he has to sell it after a bankruptcy I bet he's gonna part it out and sell off all the assets instead of the entire thing at once.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 05, 2023, 03:23:44 pm »

Despite all the crap Musk does, I am... starting to like the moderation of the new Twitter. It is actually becoming a nice place for free speech balanced by the mechanism of community notes. It is great when despicable people and their despicable ideas are in the spotlight for everyone to see.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 05, 2023, 04:17:08 pm »

If he has to sell it after a bankruptcy I bet he's gonna part it out and sell off all the assets instead of the entire thing at once.

Yeah, I really hope muskrat butchers the bastard thing and the internet finally gets rid of it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 05, 2023, 07:51:46 pm »

For once I find myself with an urge to post on twitter after seeing the melon say he didn't like GTAV because you have to shoot cops and he's not comfortable with that sort of crime in a game so I'd just keep spamming iterations of CUCKLEBERRY FINN and CUCKADOODLE DOO until I got banned again.
This is not a signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 06, 2023, 02:36:32 am »

Why just hate five, shooting cops is a part of all the GTA games.

Also what made you chooses those two things to post to get you banned?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 06, 2023, 05:55:25 am »

It's tricky to accomplish, but I believe you don't have to attack police in (at least) GTA 1 and 2. Maybe 3, but perhaps a mission requires it. Vice City I'm half remembering that you may have to actively annoy them to progress. San Andreas at the very least has a military-annoying mission where you'd attract too much attention to do a Terminator 2 and escape without killing. (Beyond that, I don't know how flexible they left it.)

It doesn't mean that police/military won't shoot at you, of course, but choosing your fights was always originally part of the risk/reward system (before the 'storyline' approach might have tied your hands). And there were joys to be had in evading the Harrier-like plane's missiles by flying the full-winged Dodo (with the advantage of being too slow to be intercepted, ironically, given that this is one of the real Harrier's tricks) until you can ditch from it and clean your record, after only provoking the forces of law an order by trespass to get the chase started. (Like forcing the train you hijack, and run backwards for a long run-up, 'through' the track-barrier that you're not yet supposed to pass, over into the other 'forbidden' territories, close enough to the military range that you can pinch the Harrier too, if you're quick enough. I think.)

But it's been a while. Thanks for the nostalgia, though.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 06, 2023, 09:49:03 am »

Watched it twice while being pretty distracted and don't remember seeing any crimes except for maybe illegal discharge of firearms... Pretty sure we didn't get to see any ragdolls... If anything we saw abunch of reckless driving. Elon pulling a total andreas (friend of mine who doesn't need to be familiar with the content to have super strong opinions, who did it so much to me now I get that visceral reaction before even realizing WHY when someone is talking out of their ass).

Poor man just wants to be relevant for a minute. Not engaging him on the subject (where is just gonna filibuster vague smart sounding shit) and just take up all the air with vulgar insults is the correct course of action.

edit: had to rewatch the trailer... yeah so at one point the cops breach a door and its possible a criminal at the other end got shot, but impossible to tell its like 2 frames, and at the end of the trailer the protagonists brandish a gun... pretty much as I thought they're not going to make marketing material that is all bloody

but also it turns out the "“GTA 5 required shooting police officers in the opening scene. Just couldn’t do it.”" is an older comment, an earlier quick google search left me with the impression that he is concerned with showing cops being shot on X so nevermind it's moot. Nobody cares what he did or didn't play.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:06:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

Maximum™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL_SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 06, 2023, 06:22:15 pm »

I thought the comment was from Nov 30? Or was it Nov 30 2022 and I didn't notice?

Either way, right wingers and fascists (but I repeat myself...) are chronically insecure projection factories.

Other fun options include: cucklesaurus bitch, cuckleberry finn, you get the idea.
This is not a signature.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 06, 2023, 06:47:36 pm »

Either way, right wingers and fascists (but I repeat myself...) are chronically insecure projection factories.

Always the way.  Ban everyone keeping track of the bans, claim 'free speech.'

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 07, 2023, 12:36:30 am »

It's tricky to accomplish, but I believe you don't have to attack police in (at least) GTA 1 and 2.

GTA 1 there are missions that require you to kill police. One of them is killing a police chief, another is killing some before they deliver evidence. It's always been part of the series and the games descend into chaos extremely easily. Everyone is very trigger happy because the games are satirical, cynical takes on real-life.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 07, 2023, 01:05:35 am »

ISTR (though it has been a while, obviously, I'd have to dig up the discs to be sure), there is a degree of mission choosing[1]/randomising. Obviously finding yourself drawn into that is easy (and the natural state of events), but as a personal challenge...

[1] In GTA 1 and/or 2 there was certainly the "rock-paper-scissors" mechanism of three factions. You gain reputation with faction A at the expense of losing it for faction B (because that's who faction A's missions tend to target. Likewise raising/recovering rep with B means bothering C. To put yourself in C's good books (again), you have to become troublesome with A, meaning you tailor your ebb and flow to whatever level of antagonism you feel like you can. But you could also just do 'petty car-crime', carefully, to much more slowly grind your progress. Which was a challenge of its own. From memory. Still not quite as sandboxy as you could be in later GTAs (if you didn't want to follow the missions to get the 'good stuff' that they unlocked, like in(/barely-)explicably blocked off areas which you need to visit to find the weapon/vehicle/etc that you desire - and you also didn't want to use the appropriate cheat-code), but you can certainly try not to get the rozzers annoyed with you, almost to a fault... ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1017 on: December 07, 2023, 09:00:01 am »

GTA is all about giving yourself cheat codes so your main battle tank can walk on water like Jesus and slam into helicopters like a belligerent magnet frisbee launching HEA rounds whilst every citizen walks around carrying machetes machine guns and rocket launchers (just like the founding fathers intended)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 07, 2023, 11:18:46 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 07, 2023, 11:39:59 pm »

(Please concoct your own joke based on  one or more of "a Mickey Mouse organisation"/"Goofy"/"Donald Ducked"/etc, and perhaps a bait'n'switch if you don't fancy a bait'n'switch'n'switch instead...)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69