Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure [DF 0.47.05]  (Read 72465 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress (Succession Game)
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2022, 11:37:53 am »

Wait yes i did. It was in my notes but i didn't write it. Will ammend when i return(was uber late whilst writing). I think they wont need your push as they are no longer modified adventurers and might add some more spontaneous marriages and births. Will be interesting to map out a grand family tree after this or even the next generation of Capy's.

Looking forward to your update.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »

Ha, noticed you've made more wooden platforms above the ones below the beehives. That was a good idea. I'll just make minor adjustments to make it "consistent" with the others (add grates as railing and "support" pillars, just a small aesthetic change).

Also, one more note on our suspicious dwarf tavern keeper Datan Netinked:
"He is quite ambitious."

'nuff said.

Suggestions and speculations on his role in Stukos rising to the position of baron of Waterlures and stripping nobility away from Kasat is welcome (feel free to check the Legends from the last save for this). Might also point out that he has poor analytical abilities and poor empathy, but a good memory and a great deal of patience. So not the brightest fellow, but shrewd and willing to take time to see his plans come to fruition...

(I'll try to tie this in more closely with what's happening around, but we'll see as there's other stuff also going on.)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2022, 03:47:31 pm »

Also, one more note on our suspicious dwarf tavern keeper Datan Netinked:
"He is quite ambitious."

foreshadowing? hmmmm

btw feel free to modify the statue garden, or use it as some kind of plot device, even if that changes it's form or whatever.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2022, 04:21:53 pm »

Got finally into unpausing the game, and oh boy did things take a turn straight off the bat.

Probably a short report coming later this day.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2022, 08:27:34 pm »

Part I:
A New Chapter Begins

2nd of Granite, 367

The moment everyone had feared for arrived with spring: 'Baroness' Kasat Waxedtiles, the beloved community leader, was dead.

It was Song Scarredhex, the elephant woman monk, who found her, slumped on the floor of the masonry and crafting halls near the forge. Yawo, unmoved by Kasat's demise, had surmised that the 'angry spirits finally came for her, she had it coming' -- a statement that didn't surprise anyone, really, but was deemed highly inappropriate in the situation.

An emergency meeting was called by the others in charge, and all the capybaras headed to the Fruit of Letters in an early spring blizzard (a common occurence around the Lakes of Saturnity).

It was a glum meeting and everyone felt at loss, not knowing what to do, until Logem stepped up and opened his mouth, “The baroness may be gone now, but Waterlures is not. We are here still and without her guidance I am sure I would not exist and the lot of you would still live under the firm grip of that king, that Unaging King I've heard so much about.”

Logem was quite surprised of himself opening his mouth. and realised he was now the center of attention. He began to feel nervous as his crippling shyness crept back in, “I-I mean, we have been tasked with things... And if one has a task, it should be done... Umm... Correctly, I guess.”

Likot, noticing her brother faltering, came to his aid, “I believe what my brother means, is that it now up to us to keep things going and running smoothly. It may have been Mrs. Waxedtiles who guided us and envisioned this place, but it was us, us together, who built this place. The whole of Waterlures is the product of our hard work, and if we keep going, upholding Kasat's vision, we will continue to thrive. Continue to grow. Continue to become the grandest of places and a haven for all capybara people -- and others who choose not to live under the King's fist.”

There were many 'hear! hears!' and 'aye! ayes!' going around the crowd.

One of the dwarf monks, Unib Hammerwhipped, spoke up next, “I salute Miss Likot! Well spoken! I'm happy to help here, and thus, I propose we hold a meeting: a citizens' assembly of sorts where we discuss the community's goals and direction, and who should be in charge.”

He cleared his throat before continuing, “Now this may be a bit too dwarven for you, but it is customary for the hill dwarfs to hold these kind of assemblies in late Obsidian, choosing a new mayor from their ranks among other things. Naturally, everyone is allowed to join in the decisions, and so it would be here, too. What say you to this?”

From the journal of Likot Languagehame, Mayor of Waterlures
3rd of Granite, 367

“What a surprise this is: the newly formed Assembly of Citizens chose me to be the new mayor of Waterlures! Such elation I feel!

Yet I can not be but conflicted by this: Baroness Kasat was a wonderful leader, a glorious leader. The best one could hope for. I do not think I am really fit to put my paws in her shoes, but I will do my bestest.

As a first order of business, I've ordered a mausoleum to be built in the central square with the statue of Kasat. It is only right she get a tomb in the middle of everything. Datan has already drafted plans for it.

I will return to write more later, but now, work must be done.”

13th of Felsite, 367

The woodworker Ubbul made a mistake. A horrible mistake that could have cost him dearly.

For you see, he was working on the new wooden platforms near Datan's apiary with the elephant woman Song, dismantling a few pieces for an expansion. He made a grave error -- maybe due to his old age or being slightly distracted still by Kasat's passing -- and ripped out a plank, which supported the part where he was standing.

And down he went, crashing through the lower platform, planks and logs hitting and battering him, crushing his left upper leg into pulp. Had he not worn his breastplate, things would've been worse. Regardless -- SPLASH! -- into the lake he fell, unconscious.

Ubbul was lucky, though, and regained his consciousness before he sunk into the depths: the fallen logs floated and supported him for that brief time until he could manage to shake the pain away and swim.

He swam onto the fishing pier beneath Edu's Fishery, climbed up the stairs and headed down the walkway, unsure of his destination, all quivering and shaking from fear.

'I must pray to Abod. I must pay the Prince my respects, he thought, squeezing the water from his tunic and coat while walking. 'It was close. Too close. I was lucky. The Prince was kept away. I must thank her. Give her an offering.'

=====

So, a game-changer upon spring's arrival. You timed the end of your turn perfect, Avolition: just after unpausing, spring comes and WHAM Kasat is dead.

Things are about to change in Waterlures with Likot now the mayor, I guess. It means that Zuglar's and Sĺkzul's family hold most of the important titles: manager, bookkeeper and mayor. So, looks like Kasat's family doesn't have so much power anymore in the future since Lil' Baron isn't really a baron (and not even little, so might need to adjust his nickname).

Also, this changes quite a lot of my plans for my turn. There goes the unicorn hunting quest, though I still might do an adventurer run (I've got several ideas, but we'll see how things progress this year -- not gonna do it before 368).

Managed to only get to summer, so three more seasons of this year. Possibly I'll get there tomorrow, but depends on what happens and how much there'll be to write (since I write while I play).

Other happenings: culling the livestock, getting rid of old clothes, a little trade with them elves and building a mausoleum for Kasat (should be completed by the end of the year, I hope).

Still thinking of how Datan will fit into the picture now. I'd assume Kasat's demise could alter his plans (if he has any), so I'm all open for suggestions and speculations.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2022, 08:37:13 pm »

Likot, noticing her brother faltering, came to his aid, “I believe what my brother means, is that it now up to us to keep things going and running smoothly. It may have been Mrs. Waxedtiles who guided us and envisioned this place, but it was us, us together, who built this place. The whole of Waterlures is the product of our hard work, and if we keep going, upholding Kasat's vision, we will continue to thrive. Continue to grow. Continue to become the grandest of places and a haven for all capybara people -- and others who choose not to live under the King's fist.”

Hear Hear! Aye Aye! A rousing speech, indeed!
For you see, he was working on the new wooden platforms near Datan's apiary with the elephant woman Song, dismantling a few pieces for an expansion. He made a grave error -- maybe due to his old age or being slightly distracted still by Kasat's passing -- and ripped out a plank, which supported the part where he was standing.

one day we will figure out what causes this to happen. until then - blame it on the dwarves lol

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2022, 09:04:11 pm »

one day we will figure out what causes this to happen. until then - blame it on the dwarves lol

Yeah, this one is really on me, hah. I wasn't paying attention on what I assigned to be deconstructed. I usually double-check, but not this time... Fortunately deaths were avoided, but a leg got mangled. It'll heal.

(Not gonna stop placing the blame on others when writing the reports, though ;) )

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 24, 2022, 03:48:17 am »

No matter what it's always someone elses fault even if your the only one in the area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 24, 2022, 04:21:06 am »

A good send off. Will be looking forward to see what occurs in the community.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 24, 2022, 08:36:51 pm »

Part II:
The Funeral

From the journal of Atír Archsinged, Broker of Waterlures
17th of Hematite, 367

“The humans arrived to trade. I am still learning the ropes on that stuff, but I think I got a hang on it when dealing with the elves earlier.

I met with the guild representative Kosha. It was a bit odd to meet at the Sanctuary of Snarls, opposite of the Prince's statue. Gave me the shivers quite a bit. But where else would we meet? It was the closest place at hand where to talk in privacy. I think I should ask Likot for an office.

Anyway, Kosha offered his sympathies and condolences after hearing of Kasat's death. It was appreciated. Then we made some export and import agreements. I ordered the same what Kasat used to. I think I didn't get it all right, but Kosha said he can check if it is the same as per usual. Very much appreciated that too.

I think I am beginning to at least accept this job, if not even like it.”

Mayor Likot was returning from the vinyards, carrying a bunch of ripe grapes in her basket to the stocks, walking through the refreshing summer rain.

She was satisfied that her duty as the mayor hadn't taken too much time away from tasks she was more eager to take care of, such as walking amidst the grape vines, picking fruit and taking a small sampling now and then. She was satisfied with her new quarters in the upper levels of the still-not-yet-opened-inn, which was supposed to be the new town hall at the same time. Now, finally after all these years, the place was being put into proper use: the mayor's office was there and Atír, the new broker, had an office and quarters there, too.

However, Likot was a bit disappointed at her forgetting that a guild hall had been promised to be built for the farmers. And the deadline came with nothing being completed. Thus, the project was abandoned for now, much to the chagrin of the farmsfolk. It was a stupid mistake from her, something she had hoped to avoid, but such is life: when you get a new responsibility and are not yet familiar with it, things like this are bound to happen. After all, she had no guidance on how to do things properly.

'Oh, if I would've only written it down somewhere!', she scolded herself, 'I must compensate for this somehow...'

Autumn arrived in Waterlures and with it came the merchants from Ustuth Ďdath and the outpost liaison Tirist Brasshandles.

Tirist lumbered across the wooden platforms above the lake, his massive amounts of fat shaking with every footstep. He was soaking wet, thanks to the typical rainy weather of the capybara village. His very long moustache and double-braided grey beard were sticking to his clothes and his protruding eyes had a sour look in them. He appeared to not be in the best of moods.

Huffing and puffing, he walked around Waterlures, searching for the 'Baroness'. 'Now where is that fat woman?', he grumbled in his thoughts, 'I want to get over this dreary business as fast as possible and leave this dump.'

He was surprised when the locals told him to head to the upper floors of the 'town hall' and meet with the mayor. He was accustomed to the so-called baronial quarters, which seemed like a more appropriate place for a dwarf of his station to meet up with his peers (though, one could hardly call Kasat a peer -- she was stripped of her nobility, after all).

Begrudgingly he headed to the large wooden building, walking up the narrow steep stairs, panting when halfway up. He certainly was not accustomed to bear his weight for such long distances, which made him ever the grouchier.

From the journal of Mayor Likot Languagehame
22nd of Limestone, 367

“I met with Tirist from the Mountainhome.

He looked a bit sour at first and kept asking for Kasat. He didn't know the news, so I told him of the unfortunate departure of our Kasat from this realm into the domain of Ôsed. His disposition changed immediately. He went all silent and solemn, offering his condolences on behalf of the whole of the Dwarf Realm! Kasat must have been a very liked and loved figure among the higher strata of Ustuth Ďdath! Maybe I too will some day have the honor to visit Inkedwhims -- perhaps I'll catch a glimpse of the Unaging King himself!

In any case, we went through the (apparently) usual stuff: imports, exports and news from the larger world (nothing worth of note had happened, he said). Afterwards, I mentioned that we have just completed a mausoleum for Baroness Waxedtiles and a funeral procession will be held before winter comes.

I welcomed Tirist to stay for the event. He said he'd do his best to be still around at that point. It would be an honor to have someone of such a high rank attending!”

8th of Sandstone, 367
(Background music for the scene)

It was late evening, the sky was dark, the heavy clouds blocking what remained of the last light of the day. A heavy rain poured down from the skies, as if Ôsed herself was weeping. The quartzite road was slippery as Yawo walked up the hill carrying the unmoving body of Kasat, draped in the finest of robes Waterlures had to offer.

The way to the new central mausoleum was lined with citizens of Waterlures, all sad, but standing straight, trying to be as dignified and proper as possible in the damp weather -- it is something Kasat would have expected and wanted from them. There was Ova the mandrill man, Shebi the badger woman, Kib, Kasat's eleven year old daughter cuddling Shebi's cat Inod, fourteen year old Unib the milker and seven year old Ustuth, Kasat's son, on the left side, while on the right side stood little Ňnul with Edzul -- another of Kasat's children -- between Logem and Dodók who was next to the younger Logem, one more of the offspring of the baroness.

The halls of the mausoleum were lined, too, with the folk of Waterlures, but the outpost liaison was not to be seen -- no, he had headed to the statue garden on the hill to talk with the human representative who was still around. It was a shame that neither of them took part in the procession.

But Yawo paid no heed to such trivial matters. She had no love for the ways of the civilized, and though she was unmoved by Kasat's death, she truly had treasured the company of the baroness. She was the only one who she would have called a true friend in the village -- well, there was the wombat man, of course --and she had lost her.

As Yawo entered the tomb proper, the others followed suit, all silent except for the songs of mourning that the capybara children began to sing in unison.

When the songs subsided, each went one by one to say their final farewells to Kasat who lay in the masterfully made obsidian coffin prepared by the wombat man 'Bob' for this occasion.

Finally, Ďteb the gorlak prophet spoke, “Death is all around us. Our time in the Enchanted Dimensions is brief, but it is not the End.” She stopped to clear her throat before continuing.

“For we all are the Children of the Almighty Rabbit who watches us from Above, from the Stars, and from Within, from the very Earth and Rock itself. And as Her Chosen, our souls are immortal and we are here only to do Her Bidding for that brief moment before we return to Her, to join Her as the Stars shining so bright in the sky at night.”

“And Kasat did Ôsed's bidding. She brought you all here: you were all dispossessed, landless and oppressed by the Unaging King, by the servant of the Harbinger of Chaos and Death. A King who serves not the people, but only himself and his Dark Prince, the Bane of All Souls Pure. One who is not fit to be King, one who has forsaken the Ways of the Rabbit. But Kasat saw that there was more to life than living under the King's Heel.”

“Kasat had the courage to Dream and not only Dream, but make them True. Not for herself, but for all of You. For all who consider themselves the Children of Ôsed. It was the Rabbit who Guided Kasat in all her doings, but it in the end it was up to Kasat to bring it all to Fruition.”

“And that she did: we all are here. We have homes. New lives. Families. Growing families. We are growing. We are safe. We will remain safe. We will remain to grow. We will remain here. We will continue to keep the forces of the Prince at bay. We will win. And Ôsed's Plan will be completed by Her Chosen: us.”

“Now, let us Pray...”

The mausoleum: made of marble with a roof of brass.

=====

Okay, came out longer than was supposed to be. So, didn't get to the end of the year like intended (but almost to winter, which I'll speed through, unless something special happens).

A bit of a hassle arranging the funeral scene with burrows and temporary meeting halls, but turned out ok, I guess (don't usually "fake" scenes, but thought this warranted some special attention).

Not really much else to say. Tried out some background music for the funeral scene. Hope you liked the choice (if you listened to it). If you want, I could do that more often -- not all the time, but for special situations like this.

I've always felt that the cultures in DF, while pseudo-medieval and based somewhat on European stuff, are more close to Central Asian or Siberian or something. Especially when checking all the procgen music and clothing: lots of dresses, robes and togas (though could be from pretty much any cultures, Western Europe included). That's one reason why the choice of Khakassian music (there's also some similarities with the region's history and our capies).

Should try to draw something some day, but we'll see... Probably won't happen any time soon.

Yeah, maybe I'll just stop rambling for now.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 25, 2022, 08:35:09 pm »

Part III:
The New Management

Winter arrived in Waterlures and work was toned down. It was time to once again gather at The Fruit of Letters and socialize with one's friends and family.

It was a well-deserved rest after a rather sad year in the village.

3rd of Granite, 368

“Mother and father have passed away.

This moment, it is one me and my siblings have been fearing. Me and Logem, we have come to understand and accept that death is part of life, part of Ôsed's Ways. I was prepared for this, but it saddens me nevertheless. And I worry for the young ones, on how they will fare now. But Logem promised to look after them, since I am in his words 'too busy' with my work as mayor.

We did not lose only my parents: it was also the time of the wombat man to depart this world. Somehow I can not but feel that he knew this was going to happen. For, you see, he had arranged for a tomb to be dug out for him just before the turn of the year. 'In case it be needed sometime in the future', he said. I should have guessed that he was feeling his time was coming to an end... He will be missed. Especially by Yawo. (Note to self: I must go through his papers once enough time has passed. He apparently was working on chronicling the history of Waterlures.)

But, to the matter at hand: I appointed Oddom to be manager. I know mother wished him to be bookkeeper, but I believe he will be more suited to take on father's duties. As bookkeeper, I appointed Geshud. He is a bit young for it at the age of fourteen, certainly, but he has plenty of time to learn and become a true master in the art of recording our stocks. He has always been the smartest of our family, after all.

I will now head off to arrange the burials and return later to write things down.”

Waterlures and surrounding lands were made a county. But that was of not much concern to the citizens, for the real nobility did not reside there, nor pay much attention to the going ons of the village.

...At least as far as the capybaras knew.

28th Granite, 368, Early Spring

Ďteb Workgray, the nineteen year old apprentice of Tekkud, was taking in fresh air outside the House of Knowledge. The sun was rising in the east, its first rays shining upon the Lakes of Saturnity. 'I prefer to be by myself', she thought when she heard a yell and splashing from the lake.

She turned to look south, squinting her eyes as she tried to make out what was causing the ruckus.

A dwarf! A naked dwarf! Struggling to swim amidst the thawed ice and freezing water, gasping for air as she bobbed up and down, sinking into the depths of the lake.

Ďteb gasped, putting her paw in front of her mouth. There was nothing she could do as she watched the dwarf sink beneath the surface.

She was aghast. What madness had drove the dwarf to run naked onto the last remains of the ice, hopping from one block to another until falling into the water? Certainly the work of the hand of the Prince was at work here, taking hold of the mind -- and now soul -- of one more unfortunate being...

Oddom sat down at the manager's desk, setting his iron pick next to him. He looked at the piles of papers on the table: there were all manner of notes and drafts among discarded orders. His father's work. He had been se precise with it all, going into full detail. It felt odd to sit at the desk, which had been used by his father for many decades. And now Oddom was supposed to be the one managing what needed to be done in Waterlures. He aspired to be better than his father. He was certain he could do it as he looked at the papers.

'So many mistakes done. So much paper wasted', he pondered as he went through the pile of discarded, but archived papers. 'Maybe father was good at his job, but he certainly made many an error. That is something I will avoid. I will see to it that things run as smoothly and perfectly as possible.'

11th of Hematite, 368

“It is done. Finally. We opened the inn!

Why should we continue deny ourselves of our hearts' desires any longer? Since our days of youth there has been much talk about opening the inn, but when asked when will that be, the answer was 'next year, my child, next year'. But it never came to happen. The elders were too afraid of the world outside.

The choice was not only mine: it was what we all, 'the young ones' wanted. The elders grumbled about it -- especially Edu and Yawo! But in the end, they had no word in the matter. They should understand: we respect what they have done for us. What they have built for us. But it is not only their world. It is also ours. And the future is up to us. And after us, the next 'young ones' will be the ones making the decisions.

It is how Ôsed inted things to be. Even the Prophet has said that!

In any case, we named the place Minbazsazir, 'The Enchanted Bridge'. And just a moment ago, I saw the first outsider walk towards it: a goblin!”

But the opening of Waterlures attracted not only regular folk, for the second visitor was a suspicious one: another goblin, yet this one had an empty look in her eyes...

...A disturbing, unnatural look.

=====

Ugh. That's quite the number of starting characters to die... Well, it was expected.

Decided to finally open up the place for visitors, even though it'll complicate matters when we do the next adventurer run. Felt like it's time, since we've got new management in the village (and the young ones have been hearing talk about 'opening the gates' for most of their life and nothing happened).

Expecting to see artifact thefts, especially since the first visitors are a suspicious lot (also, my experience with 0.47 is that until all the schemers are dead/behind bars, "normal" visitors are quite rare -- after, they come in droves).

So, there'll probably be adventurer quests to be had in the future for those willing to take the task.

Got to around midsummer 368.

Here's the save for those who want to check legends or just take a peek into Waterlures:
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16165

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 26, 2022, 06:14:48 am »

Hopefully the visitors won't be to much of an issue here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2022, 09:08:04 am »

Hopefully the visitors won't be to much of an issue here.

We'll see what happens. Intelligent undead are virtually all the time coming to visit places with bad intentions... I've only once seen one who actually wasn't involved in any plots.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2022, 02:27:58 pm »

Oddom sat down at the manager's desk, setting his iron pick next to him. He looked at the piles of papers on the table: there were all manner of notes and drafts among discarded orders. His father's work. He had been se precise with it all, going into full detail. It felt odd to sit at the desk, which had been used by his father for many decades. And now Oddom was supposed to be the one managing what needed to be done in Waterlures. He aspired to be better than his father. He was certain he could do it as he looked at the papers.

nice snippet here. I always wished for the recordkeeping profession to be expanded. With a necessity for materials, such as books, ink and binding, and a safe, dry place to store them. And in your situation, when the dwarf responsible for these materials dies, there would be a scramble to re-assess the organization and placement of those records.

It would lead to fairly accurate recreations of the archaeological trope of finding a hidden cache containing records and scrolls, preserved against looting and weather, after hundreds or thousands of years.

for now, we roleplay  :D

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2022, 03:23:04 pm »

Yeah, I'd love that!

I actually quite often mod in tools and such that have no practical use in the game, but are only for flavor and RP purposes. Would be great if bookkeepers and managers needed paper, wax or clay slabs or what-ever to write stuff down. One of my favorite features is that you have to have a manager and bookkeeper before you can take record of stocks or manage labor (that's why I dislike the DFHack stocks/manager stuff, cuz you can do it without them). Would be also great if they'd make mistakes if their skill isn't good enough.

Anyways, I also like it that DF keeps information pretty vague (like historical events and such) so that there is plenty of room for RP and imagination. I love it that the game doesn't tell you "this is how things are and how the story goes", but instead gives you a bunch of stuff that you yourself have to figure out and fit into the narrative. It's more like a story-telling tool/toy instead of a game, imo (though of course you can just play it as a game).
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49