Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 163

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 79476 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

E. They aren’t civilian, they aren’t enemy, and they aren’t hostile combatants. Fire a warning shot instead, and intentionally miss.
+1

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Spoilsports. This vignette is set in the past, so we know we can kill this prick and we will still end up relatively free, safe, and alive as a Bartender. Take the shot!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

I'm not afraid of the future. I just don't want to harm the guy.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Same. We shouldn’t kill just because we can.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Spoilsports. This vignette is set in the past, so we know we can kill this prick and we will still end up relatively free, safe, and alive as a Bartender. Take the shot!

In the same vein, we know this dude didn't whip around and kill us the instant we lowered the pistol. We can afford a bit of pacifism!

this other dude is a jerk tho, yes
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a feeling shooting this dick will end poorly for us in the short term even if we're fine in the long term.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You do not shoot the offending human.

"Good!" He lunges at you. "Give me that!"

An accidental shot during the struggle. His screams of pain and awkward crying as the glancing shot sears some skin on his right palm.

His two buddies screaming and running in and yelling obscenities and subduing you.

The long wait in the cell. One hour. Three hours. Seven hours.

The commission of the ranking officers on the station.

Security footage from the lockers room displaying on the holovid.

You, sitting in the middle of the room, a lamp shining above you.

"We've reviewed the footage - how dumber that kid can get?" Says Sergeant Wololi, your shooting practice instructor, twirling his moustache. "He can't even disarm a drone."

"Still, officials planetside and the Colonel, when he returns, will see that as yet another attack of drones against their human masters." Says Chief Medical Officer Quan-Zu, scratching her bald head. "Ought we jail the drone, like always?"

"Are you stupid?" Wololi interjects rudely. "He grabbed a phaser that was pointing in his direction before subduing the drone or knocking the weapon out of his hand. The kid should be grateful the drone wasn't aiming at him specifically, because otherwise-"

"The drone should've surrendered the moment Paul got angry." Says Sergeant Percs, your CQC instructor. "Drones were programmed to be submissive, anything straying from that mental path is a sign of a defect. Simple as that."

"Of course." Snarks Captain Guthenberg, your unit's caretaker. "What do you propose, then, if you're so afraid of drones being 'defective'? That we put them on standby until Colonel aquiesces to wetware re-programming?"

"That would help!" Major Clarkier, the station's first officer, lets out a chuckle. "For Dragon's sake! That's sixth incident in past two months, yes, but that's barely above average! I ain't gonna allow you guys to take away fifteen percent of our fighting force because you don't wanna get yelled at by the Colonel when he returns!"

"Hear hear." Wololi eagerly agrees. "Especially that Centaurians are sending awful lot of their ships in this direction lately. Colonel's son or not, we need the drones to be ready to fight, not to sit in the cargo units."

"For the record..." Captain O'ot, the Chief Judgement Officer of the station, interrupts. "...we should at least hear the drone's story. It's a formality I need to see through." He activates his datapad and turns to you.

"What do you have to say, Σ-9?"

A) Protect yourself.
B) Accuse the human.
C) Say nothing.
D) Protect the human.
E) Accuse the officers.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile

A
The guy literally just ran at us because his ego was too big. He's obviously in the wrong here, but accusing him won't go well, so we should deny our own potential wrongdoing instead.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

A

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

A
The guy literally just ran at us because his ego was too big. He's obviously in the wrong here, but accusing him won't go well, so we should deny our own potential wrongdoing instead.

Hrm, makes sense.
A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

A. No orders were given for how to handle friendly combatants attacking other friendly combatants
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

You protect yourself, saying that you were defending yourself from hostile action. The commission listens attentively, for a brief while before the CJO cuts you off with a hand wave.

"Right." He says, typing something on his datapad. "We need to reach a verdict of whether this drone has suffered a defect that resulted in aggressive behavior against Paul Someland and his injury. As Chief Judgement Officer I will now collect judgement from the commission of five high-ranking officers of this station."

"Not guilty." Says Major Clarkier.

"Guilty!" Shouts Sergeant Percs, and he and Major exchange angry glares.

"I saw the footage. Not guilty." Chief Medical Officer Quan-Zu says rather dispassionately.

"Not guilty, what else?" Captain Guthenberg grumbles.

All eyes turn to Sergeant Wololi, who twirls his moustache thoughtfully.

"Wololi, the majority has been-" Captain O'ot says, and Wololi lets out a sigh.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Not guilty." The moustachioed officer shrugs. O'ot takes his datapad.

"Right. Drone Σ-9, you have been declared without defect and therefore not guilty. Return to your post immediately."

"Yes sir." You stand up and leave the commission behind.

Your work.

Your maintenance.

Your slumber and feeding.

One day.

Two days.

Three days.

The red alert sirens interrupting your slumber period.

Your visit to the armory. Wololi and Percs yelling and handing out equipment.

Hand phaser, plasteel armor and helmet, two sonic pulsers, energy fork.

The horrendous rumble and lighting failure, bright white lights replaced with dim red ones.

The screaming. Communications lady announcing that the shipyard has been boarded by enemy forces.

Running around.

Putting up defensive positions.

Then silence.

Footsteps.

Figures in dark-teal armor and space helmets, and barrage of phasers.

The corpses of enemy soldiers and some drones.

You see A3's corpse. You see B20's corpse. You see two Delta Taurian soldiers, also dead.

You realize the contours of the over overturned table, made of light blue plasteel. You're in one of the dining rooms in the western half of the shipyard. You're kneeling behind cover along with Sergeant Wololi, who perks up when you two hear more footsteps.

"Find someone else for your labor camps you Centaurian fucks!" He yells, and peeks from above the table and exchanges shots, and you stand up and do the same.

And then the teal-armored person jumping over the table and slamming into you. You two fall to the floor, the phaser slipping from your grip somewhere, and you two begin struggling.

They are holding some strange black stick in one of their hands. Must be Centaurian Painstick, which you once saw on the presentation with Percs.

A) Seize the painstick and use it against the enemy.
B) Look for your phaser and use it against the enemy.
C) Unholster your energy fork and use it against the enemy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 04:26:20 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

C - The easiest weapon to get hold of, by far
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 163