Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 53665 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #630 on: May 13, 2023, 02:49:18 am »

So, I'm going to clarify via a couple of bullet points:
Since you didn't quoted anyone specific, i'd clarify that I am curious about the mentioned change in the last few months, labled as countrywide slide and alluded to widespread changes in univesrties (and education) system which would have wider implications. I don't belive anyone have questioned your expirences or the hardship of trans people in society as whole

Otherwise, this thread is usually more active, I hopped that by now someone with applicable experience in what you are going through would offer some advice. Best I can offer is an apology if the terminology ruckus have made you feel uncomfortable and in need to defend/educate about your position, I know this can get daunting over time.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 13, 2023, 04:29:32 am »

Since I'm boymoding everywhere, I've been going around with a beard since I started HRT (And before that, but that's not really relevant) so I shaved to see if any progress has been made.

I don't know if I'm looking for something so I'm imagining it, or if I'm right, but I certainly feel like my face has got a bit more feminine, especially when I smile. It's not feminine, not yet (I mean, 5 months of hormones and it's likely my testosterone hasn't dropped enough, we'll be seeing about GnRH agonists soon, but regardless I'm not expecting to look like a woman), but it's like there's the faintest ghost of a woman's face there.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 18, 2023, 12:35:50 am »

Oh nice I didn't expect a thread for this here but I'm glad I've found my people in a subsect of another group of my people :D

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2023, 01:24:27 am »

There's also a thread for salsa
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 18, 2023, 06:03:39 am »

Is that where people cha-cha chat?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 18, 2023, 11:11:27 am »

The thread title has made me realize that I am now the person who pronounces it "El Jibbitty"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 18, 2023, 12:29:00 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 18, 2023, 12:31:04 pm »

Elgee beetee queue

Blame R2-D2 for the stress form

Though, for some reason, when I start sounding it out in my head rather than just word it out quickly, my head really wants add a second B in before the T. Elgeebee beeteequeue
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 18, 2023, 05:24:52 pm »

I used to have to try not to say it as "...BTW". (Which is also the acronym/initialism that takes longer to say than the actual words it abbreviates.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 18, 2023, 08:06:30 pm »

I keep wanting to default to LGBT* (i.e. wildcard), really. Usually end up with etc. instead, just 'cause of how poorly asterisk as a wildcard works in communication, due to how often it's used to indicate footnotes, too.

There's days I'm kinda' disappointed GSRM/GRSM (Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minorities) didn't catch on, though I suspect it's 'cause it's a little too broad. Could probably fix it slapping a "consensual" in there somewhere, but eh.

El jibbity's a fine compromise, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 18, 2023, 08:36:15 pm »

I thought the Q (Queer/Questioning) was the catch-all wildcard bit.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Salsa Gal

• Bay Watcher
  • Diggy diggy hole
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 18, 2023, 10:32:39 pm »

There's days I'm kinda' disappointed GSRM/GRSM (Gender, Romantic, and Sexual Minorities) didn't catch on, though I suspect it's 'cause it's a little too broad. Could probably fix it slapping a "consensual" in there somewhere, but eh.

God this, I'm so mad nobody ever made this the common term, you're the first time I've seen anyone even mention it in like 4 years. It's so much better than actually trying to list everything that could be contained under the acronym. I still try to use it sometimes, but most of the time I end up having to explain what it means all over again.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 19, 2023, 04:39:00 am »

While I acknowledge that it's not my place to make judgements about other people's labels, it feels a little too toothlessly broad to me.

But I'm a label conservative, so take that with a grain of salt. I was just thinking when I posted my above post of how I used to belittle the plus part but over the years I've grown quite fond of it to the point where it's my default that I don't want to budge from now (frumple's * upset me ;) ). It just takes longer for me.

And, to be fair, with GRSM you could make a lot of bad GRRM-sexual puns
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 19, 2023, 05:59:07 am »

It reminds me too much of GPRS.

(Oh the irony, that as I'm replying my tablet indicates that it has dropped out of 4G into the E signal type (missing out H+ and H, etc). And I'm not even moving about.)

And I consider myself "one of the 'A's in LGBTQIAA++", so I'm not sure GRSM is inclusive of me. I'm being oppressed!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:14:31 pm by Starver »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 19, 2023, 07:28:25 am »

GRSM makes me think of GRRM, which then reminds me of how shittily GoT ended and I get upset.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69