Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33530 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day One
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2023, 04:18:08 pm »

Do you think someone will catch mafia on N1?
It's possible but it would require the Stem or Flower to use their oneshot on the very first day and to get quite lucky. I say it's unlikely but not impossible.
Shouldn't we vote someone today then?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2023, 04:21:43 pm »

Depends if you are comfortable risking a day one loss or not I don't quiet get the logic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2023, 04:23:38 pm »

Depends if you are comfortable risking a day one loss or not I don't quiet get the logic.
What are you going to say on Day 2?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2023, 04:27:23 pm »

What are you going to say on Day 2?
I don't know aint like I got a script depends on what ends up happening frankly im not sure how your actually supposed to sus out mafia other than through people dying since they got the same roles as us and people dying just brings em closer to victory it's quiet the predicament we really need a ton of luck to win this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2023, 04:37:10 pm »

Oh, and screw you Toony.
My thought process was the following:
I had originally intended to unvote web, but forgot. Hence having a vote on web that wasn't accurate to my current mind state.
Then, upon reviewing Tric's list of suspects, I figured "well, maybe one is scum?"
I had originally had higher suspicion of NQT, but just wasn't feeling it.
So I figured that I would check Max out.  And then I noted Max was communicating more like his scum-self than his town-self.  So I followed that up with a question.  NQT giving me shit had me figuring I should double down on Max with a vote.
...and here we are.

Honestly, I'd like a1s to post so we could decide properly on them.  If they don't post, I'm quite happy to eliminate them. What I suspect will happen is they'll vote with less than 24 hours, so we'll be stuck scrambling for the Day 1 lynch.  Which is gonna suck.  So we should probably start working on secondary lynches.
I still think your response here is way too cool-headed now that I scrutinize you more, am I wrong?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2023, 05:07:47 pm »

Actually, given that it's game over if two town of the same type die... we could lose N1 if we mislynch. So as it's MYLO (more or less), is there a good rationale for no-launch?

Help me work through the scenarios here...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2023, 05:19:05 pm »

oh, wow, there are 7 pages to read here.
Anyway, I'm town and I will say more tomorrow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2023, 05:20:00 pm »

Apologies - I realise I mistyped something in the OP, as written this game is even swingier and harder for town than it was meant to be. Your bravery in joining such a game is to be commended.

Rule Correction: The mafia win when all players in a segment are dead, and no mafia players in the segment have been killed by day elimination.

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2023, 06:13:00 pm »

Waves in Stem. Knowing I'm a stem doesn't really help, now that I think about it. I'm only suspicious if another died. And probably dead next night, so.. For all this, my suspison is NQT/Jack as the scumteam this time around. No lynch is a perfectly valid idea this early if you think you can get info. Relying on flowers is a valid method.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2023, 07:14:38 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> a1s           --2-- ToonyMan*, webadict*
-> notquitethere --1-- TricMagic*,
-> TricMagic     --1-- Jim Groovester*,
-> EuchreJack    --1-- notquitethere*
-> Maximum Spin  --1-- EuchreJack*
-> No One        --1-- Fluffe9911*
webadict         --0--
Fluffe9911       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
ToonyMan         --0--

Not Voting       --2-- a1s, MaximumSpin

5 to Hammer. Day ends on February 27, 2023 at 16:00 Central Standard Time (~22 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one dies, which is a severe injustice!
One wheel short of a wagon

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2023, 08:41:14 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> a1s         --3-- notquitethere*, ToonyMan*, webadict*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- EuchreJack*,
notquitethere  --1-- TricMagic*,
TricMagic      --1-- Jim Groovester*,
EuchreJack     --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
webadict       --0--
No One         --1-- Fluffe9911*,

Not Voting     --2-- a1s, Maximum Spin*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on February 27, 2023 at 16:00 Central Standard Time (20 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2023, 08:41:44 pm »

Internet up and running again.  I'll try to post a bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2023, 10:55:22 pm »

I'd rather vote a player that isn't here then someone I don't really think is mafia.

Who do you think dies tonight? Or at least, who do you think mafia will want to kill most?
Fair enough and I'm not gonna go into specifics cause then mafia are probably gonna kill that person because they think they are funny. But probably a person they think is too close to the truth (somehow) or they know tends to be competent. What branch they are on will also probably have a large effect in the decently likely chance they are on the same level as a person who has pretty much already revealed their role. Or who knows maybe they throw darts!
This post slightly spews Town, but it's not a bad idea to discuss who you think might die, especially since the Mafia have a slightly different win condition than normal.  If you're afraid of the Mafia framing you through kills, you're worried about the wrong thing because there's much easier ways to frame a player, and even much easier ways to frame you in specific.

In short, think about who and why a player might be killed, and stop worrying about how you're going to look saying something.

@Euchre:  What's your feeling on Tric?
I believe he is town.
My limited views of scum!Tric indicate a much more subdued playstyle. 
I'm using the Dragon!Tric game as a baseline, where Tric won as third-party.  Really didn't see that coming.
Same, but Tric has moved into a quieter type of play, and it's far more effective.  I have moved him from "Expendable" to "Less expendable", which is a solid improvement.

@nqt:  What play from EuchreJack would cause you to think he's Town?
If he flips town, that'd be a good indicator.

But in serious, if I'm convinced it looks like he's trying to catch scum and not work out best play for the mafia team, I'll move my vote to someone else. Or maybe I'll vote someone else when they're more obviously scummy. Usual.
I don't exactly see him not doing that.  Is there something about his play in specific that looks like he's not trying to catch scum, even if through that methodology?

Hmm I like NQT's attitude towards Jack.
I agree with this.

If there's a mafia in Stem we're a little fucked since they just have to find the non-Tric Stem, but whatever.
Rude >:(

I've been taking weekends mostly off the internet lately, and it's been nice.
I should have thought of that before joining this.

Oh well. Anyway. Uhhh, unvote. I usually like voting someone out just for inactivity, but it's probably a bad idea in this game.
Max, what can I trade you to give me some insight into other players?

Also, I did ask a question, but it's kinda just a question to get you to talk and on re-reading it, it's shit, so forget it and here's a new one:  Are you will to vote one of those three you suspected?

Do you think mafia have a good idea what branch each player is right now?
Considering the (almost) complete lack of data I'd frankly be shocked if they did and wonder if they are very lucky or literal Einstein mathematical and social geniuses in which case I probably shouldn't be playing this game.

Fluffe, I recommend voting early and often if you would like other players to be able to read you. Shooting from the hip, who would you eliminate now if you had to?
Frankly, No One there is simply not enough evidence for me to be confident enough to vote for literally anyone right now. If that aint satisfying enough and im literally forced at gunpoint then I say the guy currently forcing me to vote at gunpoint haha. I will say though I think voting for a1s right now is a bad idea if they are town then we are one step closer to losing and if they are mafia then well they are pretty much dead weight right now considering they aint been online at all for about two days. Of course, if they come back then that changes things but I have a feeling it's in our best interest to keep em around for now. (They will probably get auto yeeted by NJW if they stay inactive anyway)
Hmm, that's the true question of the game, though:  Are you able to tell if someone knows something you don't know?  Are you able to tell if someone knows only the things that they're supposed to know?  Therein lies the fundamental concept of the game.  There's two informed players that are trying to pretend like they aren't.  To pretend like we're geniuses is incorrect:  We're not.  We're experienced at this game, though, and we've learned that it's hard to hide that information, but that's the fun of the game.  Can you tell if someone is lying, and are they lying for the Town's benefit?

The point is, do not be afraid to say anyone at any point in time.  I will be the one holding you at gunpoint, if you'd like, but I am in agreement with everyone else saying that you should absolutely vote someone you think is suspicious.  We won't pick No One, since that's accepting that we cannot rely on our ability to vote out people without evidence, which means that we have no faith in the Town at all.

Waves in Stem. Knowing I'm a stem doesn't really help, now that I think about it. I'm only suspicious if another died. And probably dead next night, so.. For all this, my suspison is NQT/Jack as the scumteam this time around. No lynch is a perfectly valid idea this early if you think you can get info. Relying on flowers is a valid method.
... Ya know, sometimes, I think you're getting better, and then you do this, and I shake my head.

Anyway, that's my take, I got distracted and finished it before bed, see ya.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2023, 11:15:17 pm »

Also, I did ask a question, but it's kinda just a question to get you to talk and on re-reading it, it's shit, so forget it and here's a new one:  Are you will to vote one of those three you suspected?
Yes.

How about... a vote for Jim. A vote for Jim is a vote for... Jimming... Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2023, 12:26:27 am »

@Webadict:
I also think Fluffe is probably town.

Yes.

How about... a vote for Jim. A vote for Jim is a vote for... Jimming... Jim.
I'm not convinced in a Jim vote.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47