Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33489 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2023, 03:34:29 pm »

Re: EuchreJack's D1 meltdown: People have brought it up and used it to townread EuchreJack. I don't think it strongly indicates alignment in his favor. I could see him doing that as scum.

Well, whatever. The question for me now is whether I should believe in the Toony and Jim who disbelieve in me.
... ehhhh, alea iacta est. You two better not be the team or I'll be mad.
notquitethere

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But what does it mean when people I suspect suddenly join me in voting other people I suspect?

Hrrrrmmmm.

This is fair, people do change their mind, but I was pointing out that Toony literally contradicted himself. He said there was something he liked in my play then later he said he had seen nothing he liked in my play all game. Well, maybe this is null and I'm being too sensitive as I'm the target of his slander here, but it felt to me that his play matched that of someone setting me up as a viable lynch candidate. You know, something he's just done.

'he said a nice thing about me and then he lied and said he never said nice things about me'

lmao its okay notquitethere, it'll all be okay, it's nothing to get sad about

Motivated reasoning is a big danger in mafia, but it's also hard to avoid. We have a bad feeling about someone, we go looking and lo there are reasons to support that feeling. At the time I made that case that's about all I had to work with.

I understand, but what it should be, at least in my opinion, is 'my bad feelings are directly caused by these things' rather than 'i have a bad feeling, here is a collection of evidence that support that'. There's a difference between the two and by my reading you're admitting to doing the latter rather than the former.

Max - Lazy opportunistic wagoner whose defence is he's always like that.

Now THAT'S a barb and a not completely unconvincing one as well.

So, if NQT flips town, we all lynch Toony, right? Right.

I'm going to keep my vote on Toony, but he's put in great effort to win everyone over, so I understand if folks decide to let him live.  It's not like he didn't earn it.

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Run me through how you think there is exactly one scum between notquitethere and ToonyMan.

Not really a fan of the either/or attitude here.

Hold up. I log back in and I'm the lynch lead? Serves me right for taking my foot off the pedal.

Toonyman, obviously. But I actually prefer actually-useless Fluffe as a candidate for today.

A thing people should know if they've been scum with me is that I don't actually like to bus. Especially at the start of the game, it's usually counterproductive. No way am I in a scum team with Jack. Firstly, I'm not scum. Secondly, I don't reckon he is either. Well probably not. But thirdly, if I was scum, I wouldn't have tried to launch him so hard on D1.

Anyway, I suspect that this kind of defence will not be well received. More in a bit.
Relevant: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180323.0

In that game, NQT should have bussed hector13, but instead hard-defended. Town still lynched hector13, roleblocked NQT, then lynched NQT the next day for the win.

Thank you for providing evidence supporting the assertion that you and notquitethere are not likely to be on a scumteam together.

Why do you bring this up?

Why does this feel like it's answering questions nobody asked? I know people have theorized you and NQT as partners but I don't think people are executing Day 2 as if it's the dominant theory.

And furthermore, if you can wade through the 3+ pages of Toony Spam, you'll see that I have been making a case for Toony.

I have no idea what your case is on ToonyMan and I read Day 2 last night.

If it's between Toon or NQT im going to vote ToonyMan although personally i'd rather vote A1 I just ain't gonna cause I feel trying to start a bus at this point for A1 would be futile and I don't actually have much in the way of evidence to back it up.

Why not vote a1s and see if you can convince people to join you?

Choosing a lynch often comes down to negotiation and compromises between players on who they are okay with removing from the game. You might find people to take you up on voting a1s (but not me).

The game got much more complicated since my last post. I have a lot of concern focused within notquitethere/Maximum Spin/EuchreJack.

I'll be traveling today to visit family so I might not be around as much. I probably miss the deadline tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2023, 03:42:07 pm »

Okay, so Max knows...

You know who else knows?

Not me!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2023, 03:51:51 pm »

I don't think NQT knows, or he's not realizing something very important.
I probably missed whatever you're alluding to...
It's not a big deal, but Toony + NQT isn't possible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2023, 03:52:40 pm »

Actually, neither is Max + NQT.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2023, 05:11:06 pm »

Toony, you don't need to claim.  I'm pretty sure we both know everything at this point, and that's why you can see what NQT can't...

Or at least, I have a good guess.
Ye-yeah exactly. I'm three steps ahead of everyone.

I'm glad you probably realize my predicament.

If I unvote you, I'm hard fucking committed, and riding the No Brain Train, which does sound hella fun...
It is the winning move if you trust me. It is statistically the wrong thing to do, but it's actually the correct move here.

Who would you willingly vote?
NQT, Jack, Fluffy, a1s.

Switching back to Toonyman would just feel like backtracking now, and I feel like I shouldn't vote you if I'm not willing to vote him since I put you at the same tier. And also I assume you wouldn't ask me to anyway.
I think you're being honest here. Interestingly, NQT has pursued every other player on your vote list.

Okay, so Max knows...
He probably does, the way he spoke about it seems to imply that he does, if we're seeing the same thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »

Okay, so Max knows...

You know who else knows?

Not me!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's why you have the dunce hat.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2023, 05:16:23 pm »

Not like I don't possibly see it too. If I was mafia...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2023, 05:25:57 pm »

I feel like I missed someone claiming something. Web seems to be implying that Toony revealed his plant role?? I'm don't even think it's safe to openly speculate about this sort of thing. I also don't know why Web thinks that I would reach the conclusion that I can't be on the same team as Max or Toony... I already know I can't be because I'm not. What could he be saying?

This feels like the 4D chess moves Web was pretending to make when he was actually just a mafia ally in that BYOR.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2023, 05:26:40 pm »

It's not a big deal, but Toony + NQT isn't possible.
Actually, neither is Max + NQT.
Yep, that's true unless NQT is playing dumb but I don't think he is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2023, 05:30:17 pm »

Web seems to be implying that Toony revealed his plant role??
I have.

Web is really observant when I do stuff like this, just look at when I was (fake)claiming Agent in Paranormal 27.

I'm don't even think it's safe to openly speculate about this sort of thing.
It's not, unless I'm bullshitting lolol haha??

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2023, 05:34:45 pm »

One thing to note is mafia can be in any segment. They can be a Root, a Flower, or a Stem. Nevermind a Root Mafia can't really do anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2023, 05:35:09 pm »

Though it does remove a protection role from the pool, I guess.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2023, 05:35:39 pm »

Web seems to be implying that Toony revealed his plant role??
He 100% has.
I also don't know why Web thinks that I would reach the conclusion that I can't be on the same team as Max or Toony... I already know I can't be because I'm not. What could he be saying?
That you can't be on a team with either of us because you don't know.

Unless you do know and this is a fakeout.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 03, 2023, 05:37:40 pm »

That raises the chance that one of you is Mafia to 2/3s, so that isn't so useful as you think.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 03, 2023, 05:54:10 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
notquitethere    --2-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*
->ToonyMan       --4-- EuchreJack*, a1s*, Fluffe9911*, webadict*
Maximum Spin     --3-- TricMagic*, notquitethere*, Toonyman*
a1s              --0--
Fluffe9911       --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
TricMagic        --0--
webadict         --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --0--

Five to hammer. Day ends in approximately 19 hours, or at 18:00 GMT 4th March (12:00 CST).

Please correct me if wrong.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47