Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33474 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2023, 10:13:32 pm »

So, if I were to hammer you, what would your message be to everyone?

I mean, you could do that, but do you have to? I haven't done any work during Day 2 yet and I don't really want ToonyMan lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 02, 2023, 10:29:20 pm »

I mean, you could do that, but do you have to? I haven't done any work during Day 2 yet and I don't really want ToonyMan lynched.
Maybe I can bribe him with a WALL OF TEXT ANALYSIS (WOTA) of Day 1 or more likely Max and NQT specifically that I will attempt to do on Friday. It's that thing where I look at every post and make comments and come to a conclusion that I find is usually accurate, a recent example was FBYOR5 where I got 3/4 scum.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 02, 2023, 11:00:34 pm »

And that's concerning to me, because if I get this wrong, I'll have to justify making a(n only slightly) poor decision, but my credibility goes down regardless.
Use your one-shots wisely. Trust Jim. Trust Webadict. Trust Tric but don't listen to him because he's a moron. I think Fluffe and a1s are newbtown (although I like Fluffe more than a1s). Jack upsets me but is probably okay. I don't trust Max or NQT. I'm willing to bet the two mafia are inside a1s/Jack/Max/NQT. Please read what I've said during this D2 as a factor in your thoughts.
If you flip town, your thoughts become platinum.
But, in what I suspect is more likely, you flip mafia, then you've successfully hid your scumbuddy.

My experience of playing against mafia!Toony is limited, however I have followed several games where Toony was mafia (often due to my dying early, but sometimes as a spectator), and is the basis for my belief in this matter.  I have also (almost) let mafia!Toony off the hook before, which is why I'm keeping his jugular firmly on the pavement.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 02, 2023, 11:13:19 pm »

tl;dr wtf why does everybody hate ToonyMan?

Ninja-san Tric:
Would Toony need to buddy Jim so blatantly and obviously if they were scum buddies?

Fuck you, I like ToonyMan.

@NQT & Jim
Is Max scum buddies with Toonyman or Webadict?

If we assume that one between Toonyman & Webadict is Mafia, what does that mean about Max's alignment?

I feel like I should do more research into the game before answering your question but since you bitched about me ignoring your questions you get my opinion at the moment.

If Maximum Spin is scum I don't think he partners well with either webadict or ToonyMan. My gut is leaning towards thinking the latter two are town.

If one of ToonyMan and webadict is scum I don't really think that means anything for Max's alignment.

@Jim: How come you have a giant blindspot regarding Toonyman?

Not my only blindspot, I assure you.

But I don't get it. I'm really not bothered by ToonyMan's end of Day 1.

@Jim: Does town!Toony play to emotion so much?

The only person I'd say who really plays to emotion on this board is Knightwing64,

and you during Day 1.

ToonyMan hasn't been swearing at people and cursing them so it really doesn't feel like he's appealing to emotion at all.

Just putting this out there, I think Max is town according to the following logic:
1) Toony claims Max is scum with Web
2) Web claims Max is scum with Toony
3) I feel one of Toony or Web is scum, and I am reasonably sure that is Toony.
If Toony or Web is scum, they have outed their partner if Max is Mafia. Therefore, Max is Town, since that is stupid

This doesn't make any sense but I read you slightly more favorably for it.

This feels a lot like a bad faith reading of the intent behind ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions.
I don't understand the intent of ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions. Can you explain it to me? The only way it makes sense to me is scum desperately trying to move the vote. It's not something I would ever do as town.

I probably don't need to insert words into ToonyMan's mouth, but he wasn't hot on an a1s lynch (something I was not hot on either) and tried to do something about it. There's decent town reasons why a town ToonyMan would do this.

Rapid vote changes and bargaining aren't uncommon for end of day CFD scenarios so I'm pretty confused what everybody is upset about.

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die.
Would I have voted a1s last second to ensure an elimination? I probably would have.
That's a bit of a contradiction, unless a1s is town, but you'd kill me anyway?

Not really.

Given a choice between a good lynch and a bad lynch, obviously the good lynch is preferable.

Given the choice between a bad lynch and no lynch, the bad lynch is preferable.

Lynches provide information, which is important to help the town narrow down possibilities about what valid scum teams are possible.

Or you were protecting Max, it's why you said that there.

Vote ToonyMan/Maximum Spin 2023!

(inb4 I get murdered for being AFK: I'm going to sleep.)

Maximum Spin isn't opposed to a good bus and if a ToonyMan/Maximum Spin scum team decided that there was advantage to do it, they would. But, Maximum Spin has been keeping ToonyMan within hammer range which is something he doesn't need to do to his scum partner when they could go after other targets.

So,

if you really think about it,

and I mean really,

you know, in your opinion,

how much sense does a ToonyMan/Maximum Spin scumteam make?

I'm beginning to feel unappreciated in this subforum! I think I used to have an okay rep as a player... somehow I managed to squander it through bad play and rolling mafia repeatedly.

Maybe I haven't caught on to all the super secret scumtells that everybody else has but I don't think you're bad.

More pressingly, why do you say that when you also said this, Toony?

Hmm I like NQT's attitude towards Jack.

It's like he dropped his earlier read when it was no longer convenient. I'm the obvious patsy from a scum!Toony perspective. D1  a newb could be mislynched, but D2+ he needs me to be available as the next mislynch. So he's setting his ducks in a row.

Egh, I don't like this.

People's opinions develop as the game goes on, don't they? Wow he changed his opinion oh no it's not like there was a specific reaction of EuchreJack's he pointed to that changed his mind.

If ToonyMan is town I think the odds are pretty good it's you/Max because it really doesn't feel like either of you are coming from genuine places with your criticisms of ToonyMan.

NQT could be anything, let's say town for now. Plant part could be anything, can't tell.

Moreover, going back to this post, why would a town!Toony be speculating about the plants? It's like he forgot to save that analysis for the scumchat. He's blurring his roles here.

"ToonyMan meant to post his plant speculation in scumchat instead"

This is farcical criticism.

I don't like your case against ToonyMan. It's pretty bad. It feels a lot like you're working backwards from the conclusion 'ToonyMan needs to be lynched' and finding reasons to support this even if they're poor or invalid.

I don't like any of this. I think this is most disingenuous argument against me out of everyone, like you're an actor speaking on a stage.

How is ToonyMan scum when I agree with him more than any other player??????????

Reads:

Town:
TricMagic
a1s
Fluffe9911
ToonyMan

Lean Town:
EuchreJack
webadict

Don't like:
notquitethere
Maximum Spin

I thought somewhat positively about notquitethere until I read his Day 2 case justifying his vote on ToonyMan, which was pure garbage.

Fluffe9911 mocks me by saying I blend into the background but Maximum Spin has been less impressive during Day 2. Max's suspicions towards ToonyMan bother me but I dislike his read on a1s less; a feeling I've had regarding his read on a1s is that after trying for a1s on Day 1 (and doing fuckall during the CFD) he's boxed in to keep suspecting a1s which doesn't feel exceptionally genuine to me. I want to reread the game to verify and refine this opinion though.

I think a1s and TricMagic are town but I really don't know what either of them are on about by voting ToonyMan.

I should be engaging webadict since the posts he's making like he has his finger on the trigger of the gun pointed at ToonyMan don't feel as perfectly reasoned as I feel like they should be but I'm also struggling to articulate particular objections.

Going to go with notquitethere and also ask people not to lynch ToonyMan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 02, 2023, 11:29:00 pm »

^A reasonable case for his vote, and sufficient response to my questions.  Jim seems slightly more hostile than I might expect from town!Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2023, 11:30:46 pm »

That post is town as fuck.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2023, 11:35:10 pm »

^A reasonable case for his vote, and sufficient response to my questions.  Jim seems slightly more hostile than I might expect from town!Jim.

Maybe if SOEMBODY hadn't gotten SNIPPY about it yesterday.

I am going to feel very stupid if you actually are scum.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2023, 11:40:38 pm »

Fluffe9911 mocks me by saying I blend into the background but Maximum Spin has been less impressive during Day 2.
Maybe I have. That's probably fair. There's nothing I hate more than Day One Again. Several times now I've thought about making a post and then just... didn't bother. It feels pointless.

A lot of the rest of what you said about me is off-base. For one thing I don't even care about a1s right now. But honestly, that's probably my bad for keeping my thoughts to myself.

Well, whatever. The question for me now is whether I should believe in the Toony and Jim who disbelieve in me.
... ehhhh, alea iacta est. You two better not be the team or I'll be mad.
notquitethere

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 02, 2023, 11:50:56 pm »

Maybe if SOEMBODY hadn't gotten SNIPPY about it yesterday.

I am going to feel very stupid if you actually are scum.
No man, I can tell. We are on the exact same wavelengths.

I (just like you) also think NQT and Max have the fishiest reasons for voting me and since EVERYBODY is voting me or intends to vote me that's why I want to focus on those two.

I think a1s is a newb and isn't thinking that clearly which us why they voted me.

I think Jack and Web are mad at me for various reasons which is why they voted me. I think some reasons are rational and others aren't.

Fluffe isn't voting me but I'm his other suspect besides a1s I think.

Tric has voted me on and off because he's Tric.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2023, 11:52:08 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> notquitethere --3-- ToonyMan*, Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*,
ToonyMan         --2-- EuchreJack*, a1s*,
Fluffe9911       --1-- notquitethere*,
Maximum Spin     --1-- TricMagic*,
a1s              --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
TricMagic        --0--
webadict         --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --2-- Fluffe9911, webadict*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on February 27, 2023 at 16:00 Central Standard Time (-78 hours and -54 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 02, 2023, 11:56:21 pm »

Well, whatever. The question for me now is whether I should believe in the Toony and Jim who disbelieve in me.
... ehhhh, alea iacta est. You two better not be the team or I'll be mad.
notquitethere
Who's with a mafia!NQT you think?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2023, 11:58:15 pm »

Jim's probably Town.  Jim's blindspot tends to be Toony, but they're both shielding hard for each other.  What's the chance that both of them are scum?  Not likely.  If anyone's scum, it's ToonyMan, which is annoying.  Hm.

I'm gonna take a better look at NQT Tomorrow, but I'll be busy for a lot of it.  I'm okay with an NQT vote, but I'm still more okay with a Toony vote.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2023, 12:03:32 am »

Who's with a mafia!NQT you think?
What do you think "believing in the ToonyMan and Jim who disbelieve in me" means here?
It means I'm not supposed to have to think about it.
But honestly, out of the options I guess I'd have to say webadict most of all, followed by... uh, Jack, actually. I'm kind of surprised to realize I think that, but it makes sense with their interaction d1. Well, to me at least.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2023, 12:05:32 am »

I firmly believe it's NQT/Jack if you're town, Max.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2023, 12:12:46 am »

I firmly believe it's NQT/Jack if you're town, Max.
Yeah, I can see it.
Toony, I believe in you. Believe in the me that believes in you.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47