Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33511 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Three
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2023, 10:07:15 am »

Which also clears up web's statement about going all in on trusting you. There isn't any way to take advantage of your block but to trust you, but the fact you didn't use it is suspicious. Surely you had an idea of who it was?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2023, 10:21:23 am »

Tric we should be able to win this game as long as it's literally not Web/Max, but that would be the most mindblowing play from them. Lynching me or Web today is an extremely bad idea for various reasons.

@Toony:  True, but that's less viable for reasons.  If we can narrow it down, we can win, but we might not have any extra blocks, so it's still giving scum a potential instant win.
I still have my block.
... You do know that means it's a 50% chance it's one of you. Or me, but web has made his statement clear on that.
Yep.

Which also clears up web's statement about going all in on trusting you. There isn't any way to take advantage of your block but to trust you, but the fact you didn't use it is suspicious. Surely you had an idea of who it was?
I had no idea who to block and figured the odds of mafia hitting the other Root were low enough that it would be the correct play.

Turns out it was the correct play.

I really don't think it's Tric or Web. I really really really really don't think it's Jim. a1s is confirmed town with the softclaim. That leaves Fluffe and Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2023, 10:29:13 am »

Then we're claiming?  Well, Toony, I have something to admit.  I may have lied about being a Stem. My assumption was that Tric blocked you, since you went with it, and I was debating what you'd do about that, plus he was legitimately suspicious of you Day 1.  I was being a bit too careless doing that, but I think it goes a long way to making you and Tric cleared, especially in your branch.

Now, the thing is, I could claim Root or I could claim Flower, but I probably have to stop lying for everyone's sake.

I'm a Flower.  I tracked ToonyMan on Night 1, and he did nothing.  I figured I could pressure you into admitting you were blocked, but I also didn't want the scum to learn who was what, so I tried to leave my being a Stem implied to see what I could learn about it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 06, 2023, 10:34:03 am »

I think we have to claim since a1s outed themselves without caution.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 06, 2023, 10:35:55 am »

You would say that. I'm hoping someone got blocked by Max last night. But it's unlikely.

Into the fire you go Toony, it's the only way to make sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 06, 2023, 10:42:25 am »

Actually that was me under the impression that every Stem was known. The way a1s said it meant they had to be Root or Stem, but I guess they could still be a Stem now since Web isn't. Oops.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2023, 10:44:56 am »

Max is a Root, Tric, he doesn't have a block.  Unless you meant Toony, in which case, no, he made the right move.  And, retroactively, Flowers can clear people Night 2.

Actually that was me under the impression that every Stem was known. The way a1s said it meant they had to be Root or Stem, but I guess they could still be a Stem now since Web isn't. Oops.
True, but my claiming was forced either way.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 06, 2023, 11:06:53 am »

Toony, who do you think is most likely to be mafia?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 06, 2023, 11:26:12 am »

What a bizarre game where night killing your scum partner is a viable strategy.

Uhhhhhhhhhh uhhhh uhhhh am I on board with claiming uhh uhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean if webadict is on board with claiming truthfully (lmao) I mean I should be too uhh uhhhh uhhhhhhh

I think I want to reread the game before slinging claims around.

Toony

It's not ToonyMan, come on.

I had concerns within notquitethere/Maximum Spin/EuchreJack and now two out of those players are gone, leaving just EuchreJack as a lingering suspect, but I'll have to reread the game for clues now that Max has flipped.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 06, 2023, 11:48:43 am »

I'm at school so can't make a long post but did you guys seriously have to lynch the one guy I was almost certain was town at that point?!? Did not a single one of you read my post or think it made sense and if not why the hell did you not attack me for it! I'd vote Max right now if he was still alive god I can't believe that happened.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 06, 2023, 12:01:06 pm »

Anyway it's Jim or Web I'll give my logic when I get back home God two days have passed and I'm still fuming!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Night One
« Reply #491 on: March 06, 2023, 12:27:59 pm »

I'm impatient, so you get my argument now. How did Max survive yesterday?
After an interminable day of squabbles, oaths and accusations, the nine of you appear no closer to reaching an agreement than when you began.

In fact, you are still debating long after night has drawn over the sickening harvest, wan faces glowing in the weak lamplight. Slowly, in ones and twos, you withdraw to your rooms, the need for rest and sleep overcoming your finely honed sense of self-preservation.

Of course, not everyone plans on sleeping.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> a1s           --3-- MaximumSpin*, notquitethere*,Fluffe9911*
->Maximum Spin   --1-- Webadict*
->webadict       --3-- Jim Groovester, Toonyman, a1s*
->ToonyMan       --1-- TricMagic*
notquitethere    --0--
Fluffe9911       --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
TricMagic        --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --1-- EuchreJack

The day has ended in a drawn vote. No player will be eliminated.

The night will end at 11am GMT, or 5am CST, on the 1st March, in approximately 34 hours. Please send any actions to me by PM before this point, or "none" if you do not wish to act.

Going from day 1, NQT is town, Max is scum. I've assumed webadict is also town, Fluffe is likely town, Jack maybe town. Note that brings it down to Jim, a1s, and Toony.
a1s was pushed into voting webaict, making it a push by Toony. Max was not online, nor was Jack.

Reads list:
MaximumSpin - Isn't trying to get me lynched
TricMagic - Seems like his town self. As said before, his scumself is more subdued
Fluffe9911 - Is trying to figure out their first game of forum mafia, is not hyper-defensive (would be a more normal behavior in first game as mafia). The desire to not vote wrong is normal for newbie town, whereas newbie scum tends to be bloodthirsty in voting

notquitethere - I think more likely to vote me Day 1 as town. Lack of graphs is concerning, but seems like a happy cloud instead of a nightmare cloud.
Webadict - Who knows? 50% chance is lying about being a stem, for whatever that is worth
Jim Groovester - Seems like an ass, and not the good kind.

ToonyMan - Doing that "Jack is town" then flipping the switch and going "nah, Jack is scum". Dunno if that is just normal Toony interrogation behavior, or maybe he just doesn't like me. Maybe I've been mafia too often, so he's just panicking.
a1s - Hasn't been around much, and hasn't contributed.  Both things they did in the previous game as scum.
This quote is most interesting if assuming Jack is mafia. If so he's played really well.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> notquitethere --5-- Jim Groovester*, webadict*, Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*, EuchreJack*,
Maximum Spin     --2-- notquitethere*, TricMagic*,
a1s              --1-- Fluffe9911*,
ToonyMan         --1-- a1s*,
EuchreJack       --0--
Fluffe9911       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
TricMagic        --0--
webadict         --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --0--

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 04, 2023 at 12:00 Central Standard Time (0 hours and 1 minute remaining.)

Jim, webadict, Max, Toony, Jack. Jim's the first vote for this. I'll move over to another suspect though.

Or you were protecting Max, it's why you said that there.

Vote ToonyMan/Maximum Spin 2023!

(inb4 I get murdered for being AFK: I'm going to sleep.)
A1s was asleep at the time of the vote, so the push didn't happen from them. Fluffe also wasn't part of it, and thinks it's a1s. Fluffe, look forward to your own post against a1s, though it's a competeing view. It does mark you as town however, with Max dead.

tl;dr wtf why does everybody hate ToonyMan?

I don't like any of this. I think this is most disingenuous argument against me out of everyone, like you're an actor speaking on a stage.

How is ToonyMan scum when I agree with him more than any other player??????????

Reads:

Town:
TricMagic
a1s
Fluffe9911
ToonyMan

Lean Town:
EuchreJack
webadict

Don't like:
notquitethere
Maximum Spin

I thought somewhat positively about notquitethere until I read his Day 2 case justifying his vote on ToonyMan, which was pure garbage.

Fluffe9911 mocks me by saying I blend into the background but Maximum Spin has been less impressive during Day 2. Max's suspicions towards ToonyMan bother me but I dislike his read on a1s less; a feeling I've had regarding his read on a1s is that after trying for a1s on Day 1 (and doing fuckall during the CFD) he's boxed in to keep suspecting a1s which doesn't feel exceptionally genuine to me. I want to reread the game to verify and refine this opinion though.

I think a1s and TricMagic are town but I really don't know what either of them are on about by voting ToonyMan.

I should be engaging webadict since the posts he's making like he has his finger on the trigger of the gun pointed at ToonyMan don't feel as perfectly reasoned as I feel like they should be but I'm also struggling to articulate particular objections.

Going to go with notquitethere and also ask people not to lynch ToonyMan.
Cut for length, though go read the entire thing. You know, like Toony forced you to do without any direction.
Or maybe here would be better. Links upon links upon links, with a bit of blurb, not even a proper wall.

Getting back to Jim's post, his vote is on MS, which would either be already planned to kill them, planned to bus them. But completely unlikely, check the Razor. As the first vote, and no shift, the chances are very slim that Jim was partners with Max.

Lo and behold, by assuming Webadict is town, I have managed to cut down every other possibilty, simply off the vote counts. Voting your partner is good smokescreening, but pointless as you never planned to vote them off unless you absolutely had to. You saw an opportunity, and chose to take it Toonyman.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 06, 2023, 12:54:41 pm »

Anyway it's Jim or Web I'll give my logic when I get back home God two days have passed and I'm still fuming!
You're gonna have to make a good case if you think it's Jim, considering he and I were both trying to Fire Drill Max Day 1.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Night One
« Reply #493 on: March 06, 2023, 01:00:45 pm »

Fluffe, look forward to your own post against a1s, though it's a competeing view. It does mark you as town however, with Max dead.
You aint gonna get one cause now I'm certain it aint a1 I gave Max three people to choose from and they choose 1i and it's only by webadict changing the voting target and everyone just hopping aboard (for some feken reason) that a1 avoided getting lynched.

Anyway I swear I had a reason for why it is probably not Toony but I seemed to of completely forgot it on the ride home so

Ok I remembered it before the Toony train crashed max was the 4th person to vote to "Keep the pressure high, don't back off." now why the hell would a mafia do this to his fellow mafia member? All it would of taken was a SINGLE person to jump on for Toony to get lynched and it wasn't until the next day that he backed off due to people starting to change their votes. I don't believe mafia would take such a stupid risk like this.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 06, 2023, 01:08:11 pm »

You're gonna have to make a good case if you think it's Jim, considering he and I were both trying to Fire Drill Max Day 1.
The hell are you talking about? Your gonna have to link me to a post cause the only "Fire Drill Max" I see is near the end of D1 where he voted for max for like 20 minutes with almost no convention before switching to you. Like maybe im misunderstanding what "Fire Drill" means but if that is meant to put pressure on a mafia it is an extremely half-assed attempt.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47