Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread - End  (Read 9440 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Calamity and Regrowth: Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2023, 06:53:25 pm »

Crazyabe, your pens are just normal pastures. They cost 3 labor and 1 wood, just like pastures.
The beasts you're hunting for will allow a pasture to work on desert. They'll make the tile produce 2 food when worked, but they can't be placed next to each other, as the beasts need more space to roam.
I'll confirm that you are allowed to build the pasture and try to catch them in the same turn, as you are doing.
I was going to tell you this as once you found one, but calling it a pen confused the issue and needs to be clarified.
Changed.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2023, 09:26:40 pm »

if you are having image host issues, might I suggest getting a discord account and setting up a [personal] discord server to let them handle hosting your images? its free, images are there until you delete them, and so far discord doesn't care how many images you upload to their servers- so long as each image is under 8mb an image.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2023, 10:49:49 pm »

Quick famine indeed! Fortunately not dangerous this early on, just costly. Moreso for some than others, heh heh heh.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2023, 11:25:13 pm »

Is bonus labor only kept track of by the per 100 population? IE: My 235 giving +2/10 instead of +235/1000?

Quick famine indeed! Fortunately not dangerous this early on, just costly. Moreso for some than others, heh heh heh.

Yeah, yikes! It's quite disruptive to get this event so early when I'm already on inefficient food sources, basically going to eat my whole turn to just tread water here. If it'd had waited like 2 more turns it'd be a lot less bad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 11:28:28 pm by Criptfeind »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2023, 11:38:27 pm »

I'm at the point where I have good typical food production, but I don't really have any depth.  That granary can't come quick enough.

Nirur:  I know there's some random component to research, but what happens if you far overshoot the requirement for gaining a tech?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2023, 03:28:52 pm »

Hmm. Why can't Palisades / Walls be built where there's an existing improvement? They protect from raiders, but my most valuable hexes which I want to protect (besides my city) will be the ones with improvements. You can wall off your mountain tiles which give you nothing but 1 stone, but you can't protect your mine?

Bah, never mind, they aren't mutually exclusive, it just doesn't say that in their description.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2023, 04:27:53 pm »

Crazyabe: Resource bookkeeping error fixed, thank you for catching that.

Is bonus labor only kept track of by the per 100 population? IE: My 235 giving +2/10 instead of +235/1000?
Correct.

Nirur:  I know there's some random component to research, but what happens if you far overshoot the requirement for gaining a tech?
If you overshoot it far enough, your scientists will probably either start working on building/crafting whatever they researched, or partially overflow into another tech.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2023, 05:27:21 pm »

If you overshoot it far enough, your scientists will probably either start working on building/crafting whatever they researched, or partially overflow into another tech.

Okay.  I wanted to be sure there wasn't a huge risk of overcommitting on tech given the two bonuses I have.  Are they additive or multiplicative?  Will I be told if the overshoot effect triggers, I assume?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2023, 05:48:28 pm »

Okay.  I wanted to be sure there wasn't a huge risk of overcommitting on tech given the two bonuses I have.  Are they additive or multiplicative?  Will I be told if the overshoot effect triggers, I assume?
I'll leave it unspecified on whether it's additive or multiplicative.
You'll be told if it happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2023, 08:57:48 pm »

Maps have been edited in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2023, 09:33:42 pm »

Bluh, I actually thought that the grey tiles surrounding me were "unknown", but they're mountains.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2023, 09:34:30 pm »

i am the king of mountains

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2023, 11:24:15 pm »

Lies. Mountains are just big piles of rocks, and Gruggi are best at lifting rocks. Therefore Gruggi are lords of mountains.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2023, 12:07:07 am »

Enjoy your foodless stone quarries, nerds.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2023, 01:10:22 am »

Ending on xx96 pop feels bad, rip that like 9% of a labor. :P
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:44:50 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19