- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23707 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Good question. Looks like my combat engine assumes all Squelsh combat is an ambush, but that's not what it says in the village entry.

Going forward: Squelsh barbarians get their ambush bonus only when it's an ambush (so they can fought like normal units when they're defending villages or when you've encountered them in an attack or by scouting). They will still have the increased lethality trait in all cases.

As I programmed a generator for the combat, there's bound to be a few wrinkles, so thanks for pointing this one out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If they get the increased lethality when defending villages, I think they should have killed one of my units with 5 roll they got? ((Although they shouldn't have gotten that 5 roll since they shouldn't have attacked first I guess, but still maybe a bug?))

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 1
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2023, 06:52:27 am »

A fully prepared thornhold just a stone throw from my Castle. Fantastic! Thus a question on Thornish behaviour. As their only option is my Castle, will they besiege it for multiple turns, locking me in until they're dealt with?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, another thing I noticed, I think I should have killed an extra thornish unit when they attacked my village since I rolled both a 6 and 5, both kills? That would have caused them to flee a round sooner if I understand correctly, saving me 1 unit, although also saving the thornish a unit. If this is a bug, I'm okay keeping it as is or adding those units back in either way.

Also will a unlead skeleton defend the castle and surrounding lands if left in it?

Edit: Second question; In situations where a castle is sieged by the enemy and it's not seized in a single turn, what happens when the armies that were out scouting and marching return to the castle?

Edit 2: Third question; Should I have gotten gold for the Thornish I killed, or is that only when besieging a fort? (I suppose they bury their gold before going out on a raid. :P)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:23:05 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 1
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2023, 07:24:48 am »

A fully prepared thornhold just a stone throw from my Castle. Fantastic! Thus a question on Thornish behaviour. As their only option is my Castle, will they besiege it for multiple turns, locking me in until they're dealt with?
They will only attack (and beseige) when they have 4 units in their fort, which is due to happen next turn. It won't happen if you beseige them first. Your choice really.

Also, another thing I noticed, I think I should have killed an extra thornish unit when they attacked my village since I rolled both a 6 and 5, both kills? That would have caused them to flee a round sooner if I understand correctly, saving me 1 unit, although also saving the thornish a unit. If this is a bug, I'm okay keeping it as is or adding those units back in either way.
Good spotting. I've updated the post accordingly: one less of your guys died.

Also will a unlead skeleton defend the castle and surrounding lands if left in it?
They can defend alone but not patrol alone.

Edit: Second question; In situations where a castle is sieged by the enemy and it's not seized in a single turn, what happens when the armies that were out scouting and marching return to the castle?
They can opt to "break the seige" which is just a regular combat on your turn. I'll add a second option: they can fight back through their walls (suffer an attack from the enemy, and any survivors go into defence of the castle). I'll update the OP.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Edit 2: Third question; Should I have gotten gold for the Thornish I killed, or is that only when besieging a fort? (I suppose they bury their gold before going out on a raid. :P)
I don't think the engine knows about Thornish loot yet(Edit: apparently it did know about it, but not for the enemy phase), so this is good spotting. I've updated the report: you got 2 gold.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:32:10 am by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think I probably have anything you would want enough to sell it Kashyyk, but for the rp I'd love to purchase the Last Femur from you if you can ever think if anything I have that you'd want :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 07:49:05 am by Criptfeind »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

Bluh, a six stack ambush on my first move. Of course v.v.

The countess watches with disapproval as the boat and the armsmen return to Point Swearing, bearing a few more arrows than previously.
"T-they knew we were coming, my lady!"
"Enough with the excuses, you peasant! Next time, I expect you to return with their heads!"

She sighed. This little expedition would cost more gold than expected. Of course, previous incidents like these are what gives Point Swearing its name.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 2
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2023, 07:49:57 am »

Okay! Time to seize the initiative.

Buy a Siege Engine for four gold.
Buy two siege engines from Marchioness Aywen Ayes for 5 Gold.
Receive 4 armies and 2 wood from Marquess Ambrose Vulk.
Build one Siege Engine.

Army 1 garrisons Shandston's Folly
Armies 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11 and three engines (used by Armies, 2, 3 and 4, if that matters) besiege the Thornhold "Fort Heather" at H13
Armies 5, 6, and 7 attack the Squelsh Village at H15

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 11:03:02 am by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually I just assumed that trade between players is possible, but now that I look I notice it's not listed in the op. Can we trade resources/artifacts between each other notquitethere?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
I think you used an old version of my orders (updated about 14 hours before the turn). Which may have been a blessing.

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 08:05:37 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, how exactly do siege engines work?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 2
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2023, 08:00:59 am »

Wait! I will sell you one for 3. (or 2 siege engines for 5)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait! I will sell you one for 3. (or 2 siege engines for 5)
I'll take two Engines for Five Gold.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Also, how exactly do siege engines work?
Each siege weapon spent gives you +1 to attacking castles.
I'm assuming this is for one entire turn.

I'll take two Engines for Five Gold.
Done.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52