- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23716 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - Marrowfat
« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2023, 04:53:13 am »

TURN 5

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

Research

Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in Q8 is the Crimson Drum (attack first when defending)

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns that in E5 is the Verbian Tusk (summons 1d2-1 Rampaging Boars to your side at the start of each combat. Boars don't count towards your maximum army-size.)

- I actually took a close second pass before posting and picked up a bunch of missed map things, so this round the map should be accurate. As ever, let me know any mistakes!
- If it seems like there's a Squelsh Barbarian missing on the map, check that it hasn't gone to the host
- Bloodsingers (magical practitioners who have gained artefacts of power through sacrifice) are considered Squelsh for the purposes of the Marrowfat Throne. Squelsh barbarians and Thornish holdouts are not normally considered monsters for the purpose of 10-monsters-on-a-tile based invasion, but I'm ruling that minions of a monster unit also count as monsters. All to say, unless the moot keeps the numbers down, eventually the Host will pop with 10+ units including barbarians.

Spoiler: KNOWN UNIT TYPES (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:39:34 am by notquitethere »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - MARROWFAT
« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2023, 06:02:16 am »

Quote from: Original post, Monster Table
Bloodsinger (has an artefact, if undefended, will flee if fails to win counterattack and if unoccupied zone adjacent)
Does this mean that the Bloodsinger on A7 owns an additional artifact that can be gained from defeating him, in addition to the two artifacts that are already revealed on this tile?

Quote from: scouting report
a Bloodsinger sitting upon the Marrowfat Throne (when owned by someone of Squelsh heritage, one Squelsh defector will join your cause at the start of each turn (+1 army production) and adjacent Squelsh armies will join your attacks on non-Squelsh; when owned by an Alkabrian or other, +30 reprisal chance, +100 reprisal chance if destroyed.)
When / how would the throne be destroyed, rather than owned? Does a gold sacrifice on the F12 pit reset this reprisal chance?

Could I pay another player to aid me in a fight for A7?

I see two capital B on A7 on the map and no barbarian.. from the report I would expect one B and one S? Maybe I misread something.

edit: one more question. A dragon attacks first, does that mean that other monsters in the same fight would attack first as well? I guess not, but better double check.

edit: another question. If you fight barbarians your armies get +1 attack because the barbarians have weak defense. What happens when you fight a mixed army that includes a barbarian? Do all of your units get the +1 on their attack roll?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:12:19 am by Quarque »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2023, 06:04:05 am »

Well, the North Coast is horrifying. Let's hope the central lands are slightly nicer!

@NQT: The Hill report at G12 seems to be mixing up East and West directions, except to the North. Also, it looks like Lake Sorrow spills over into the neighbouring tiles, does that mean you can't step around it diagonally? Also also, as it is impassable, is it pointless sending a Scout to it, or is there more to learn?

Sheet updated, but no actions yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2023, 06:20:23 am »

Quarque
edit: another question. If you fight barbarians your armies get +1 attack because the barbarians have weak defense. What happens when you fight a mixed army that includes a barbarian? Do all of your units get the +1 on their attack roll?
Currently in the engine the barbarians make both sides reckless, granting +1 to both sides. I guess I need to make a ruling on this. To make it simpler for me, I think I'll keep it as it is: the precence of barbarians in a host makes everything more chaotic and all their defence worse (+1 Lord attack) but also makes them more brutal and quick (+1 enemy attack). So, while barbarians are still on the field, all of their allies are also honoury barbarians.

Could I pay another player to aid me in a fight for A7?
Other players can send you armies or whatever, but currently only you have access to A7. If you bordered an ally, they could send troops through your lands as if they were their own, but you don't border anyone.

Does this mean that the Bloodsinger on A7 owns an additional artifact that can be gained from defeating him, in addition to the two artifacts that are already revealed on this tile?
No, the artefacts revealed are explicitly held by the two Bloodsingers, and will go with them wherever they go.

1. When / how would the throne be destroyed, rather than owned? 2. Does a gold sacrifice on the F12 pit reset this reprisal chance?
1. Currently there aren't any rules for destroying artefacts, but if a site or artefact allowed for artefact destruction then this would happen. 2. Yes.

I see two capital B on A7 on the map and no barbarian.. from the report I would expect one B and one S? Maybe I misread something.
Those capital Bs are the two Bloodsingers. There was one barbarian from the throne, but it immediately left for the moot! (See enemy phase.)

edit: one more question. A dragon attacks first, does that mean that other monsters in the same fight would attack first as well? I guess not, but better double check.
No, just the dragon. Same as if boar accompany other units. If someone attacked that lair, it would go:
- Dragon attack
- Lord attack
- Dragon + other monster units attack

Kashyyk
@NQT: The Hill report at G12 seems to be mixing up East and West directions, except to the North. Also, it looks like Lake Sorrow spills over into the neighbouring tiles, does that mean you can't step around it diagonally? Also also, as it is impassable, is it pointless sending a Scout to it, or is there more to learn?
Thanks, I've amended the description. Lake Sorrow spills out and prevents diagonal movement. Good question. There's nothing more to learn from sending a scout into water.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:29:37 am by notquitethere »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2023, 06:32:16 am »

The description of Bog Cats doesn't mention yet that they give -1 attack, can turn areas into swamp and get a bonus there.

(By the way how does this bonus / penalty work in a mixed army with Bog Cats? Same as with Barbarians?)

Does an army wearing the Rhuddy Cape also count as three units for the purpose of deciding whether you retreat from a fight?

edit: How likely is a dragon or giant to absorb hits? If you fight one dragon and one wolf and you score one hit on them, is the chance to hit the dragon 1/2 or 1/6?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:47:18 am by Quarque »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2023, 06:35:35 am »

A question: I have 13 army max, I also have 10 armies and am recruiting 5 this turn, giving me 2 more then max. Can I send the extra 2 to a fort, or do they dissolve before that is possible? I noticed that in a previous turn another player sent to a fort before overflow dissolved, but I'm a bit unsure if that's how one is suppose to treat the order of operations. Other order of operations questions, can I sell/trade the extra armies before they dissolve?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2023, 06:52:02 am »

The description of Bog Cats doesn't mention yet that they give -1 attack, can turn areas into swamp and get a bonus there.
That is because I had completely forgotten about the cat rules. I'll update it.

(By the way how does this bonus / penalty work in a mixed army with Bog Cats? Same as with Barbarians?)
Mixed armies are normal for the cats, so I should probably just make it apply to the cats as that's what the wording in the OP implies.

Does an army wearing the Rhuddy Cape also count as three units for the purpose of deciding whether you retreat from a fight?
Not currently. Should it? Hmm...

A question: I have 13 army max, I also have 10 armies and am recruiting 5 this turn, giving me 2 more then max. Can I send the extra 2 to a fort, or do they dissolve before that is possible? I noticed that in a previous turn another player sent to a fort before overflow dissolved, but I'm a bit unsure if that's how one is suppose to treat the order of operations. Other order of operations questions, can I sell/trade the extra armies before they dissolve?

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL PLAYERS
Your army cap is absolute, and production happens before actions. If you have 13/13 armies at the beginning of your turn, and +3 armies generated, you can't get rid of three armies to make room that turn. If you want to make room for incoming army production, put people in forts the turn before.

To reiterate: you can't sell off or trade away armies if you don't have room for them. If you want more room for armies, seize another castle, or build more towers. If people have done it wrong in previous turns, I won't retcon anything, but just do it correctly moving forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2023, 07:05:22 am »

Wait, killing another player gives us more army cap?

*side eyes neighbors*

:P

More seriously, for two players who want to attack a province together, how would that work?

Also a small thing, but if you want, you can turn on "don't use smileys" which will stop eights followed by parentheses turning into the "cool" emote. it's an option under attachments and other options below the typing box.

Spoiler: No smileys (click to show/hide)

To Quarque, depending on the specifics and payment, I would be interested in helping you kill The Marrowfat Host if you're looking for killing partners. I'm fairly confident I could kill that many, abet maybe with some losses to the dragon. I don't have any pressing targets in my own land this turn. If we can finagle it properly I'm also about to (assuming I can get access) pay off my reprisal chance, so if I end up with the throne after an attack it's probably not a big downside for me (although of course an artifact, no matter if it's negative, I'm sure still has some value of course.)

Edit: This is assuming that giving people pass though access to your lands works how I assumed, which is that then your lands would act as if they were their lands for matching and scouting, allowing me to march from A8 to B9, if it doesn't work like that then we're up a creek without a paddle on getting my boys that far up north.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:10:59 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2023, 07:19:28 am »

Also a small thing, but if you want, you can turn on "don't use smileys" which will stop eights followed by parentheses turning into the "cool" emote. it's an option under attachments and other options below the typing box.
I've checked the box each turn, it just isn't working (maybe because it's text in a spoiler??).

Edit: This is assuming that giving people pass though access to your lands works how I assumed, which is that then your lands would act as if they were their lands for matching and scouting, allowing me to march from A8 to B9, if it doesn't work like that then we're up a creek without a paddle on getting my boys that far up north.
If another player gives you permission to march or through their lands, then their lands count as yours for that turn for movement purposes... but you have to actually be next to one another for that to work. So for you to assist you would need permission to pass through the conjoined lands of the three Lords in between and the Prince would have to next to the lands of Bockelstein. So it couldn't happen this turn, but perhaps next turn.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2023, 07:22:58 am »

To Quarque, depending on the specifics and payment, I would be interested in helping you kill The Marrowfat Host if you're looking for killing partners. I'm fairly confident I could kill that many, abet maybe with some losses to the dragon. I don't have any pressing targets in my own land this turn. If we can finagle it properly I'm also about to (assuming I can get access) pay off my reprisal chance, so if I end up with the throne after an attack it's probably not a big downside for me (although of course an artifact, no matter if it's negative, I'm sure still has some value of course.)
I appreciate the interest, but unfortunately no one can directly aid me in a fight right now, because no one borders my terrain.

My current inclination is to leave that mess be for this turn. If Kash conquers F13 this turn I would connect to all other players and be absolutely willing to negotiate. Please do keep in mind that any players between you and me would need to consent to let your armies pass. Perhaps they would agree in return for a small fee. But let's talk about this again next turn. A lot could change in the meantime. Does the dragon move, does the lair spawn more monsters?

Not currently. Should it? Hmm...
imho a giant along your side would inspire courage, but maybe it should depend on wound status. ie, perhaps a giant at 1/3 health could count as 1 unit and a healthy giant as 3, for the purpose of the retreat count?

also, nqt: How likely is a dragon or giant to absorb hits? If you fight one dragon and one wolf and you score one hit on them, is the chance to hit the dragon 1/2 or 5/6?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 07:27:05 am by Quarque »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2023, 07:26:47 am »

I've checked the box each turn, it just isn't working (maybe because it's text in a spoiler??).

Huh, weird.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guess it's the spoiler.

If another player gives you permission to march or through their lands, then their lands count as yours for that turn for movement purposes... but you have to actually be next to one another for that to work. So for you to assist you would need permission to pass through the conjoined lands of the three Lords in between and the Prince would have to next to the lands of Bockelstein. So it couldn't happen this turn, but perhaps next turn.

Ah. Alright, shame about that lack of connection.

Gunna make it harder to make my way to the "please forgive my genocide" shrine as well.

If two players attack the same province, and they are trying to do it co-cooperatively, would their armies be able to merge, or would they have to do two subsequent battles? And would there be a risk of them attacking each other?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2023, 07:35:38 am »

imho a giant along your side would inspire courage, but maybe it should depend on wound status. ie, perhaps a giant at 1/3 health could count as 1 unit and a healthy giant as 3, for the purpose of the retreat count?
I'll have a think. It probably makes sense for them and dragons to count in this way. That way attacking dragons will flee properly when injured.

also, nqt: How likely is a dragon or giant to absorb hits? If you fight one dragon and one wolf and you score one hit on them, is the chance to hit the dragon 1/2 or 5/6?
5/6. Each dragon or giant part is counted separately for hits. I should note, that they count for armies in a negative way as well: they roll less dice the more hits they take.

If two players attack the same province, and they are trying to do it co-cooperatively, would their armies be able to merge, or would they have to do two subsequent battles? And would there be a risk of them attacking each other?
No risk of them attacking each other unless one of the players told me that that was their intention. I'll count it as one big force attacking as one if players tell me that that is their intention. The prime attacker will get the loot and take the county if they succeed (and may decide to share if they want).

In other circumstances, players can come to blows if they both try to seize the same tile at the same time without co-ordinating.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2023, 07:49:18 am »

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)

Questions: can I build a second barracks? Or only towers work like that? What is that ! on M10? I seem to have missed it's description.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2023, 08:12:16 am »

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)

Questions: can I build a second barracks? Or only towers work like that? What is that ! on M10? I seem to have missed it's description.
Not sure about M10. I think I got a research result and put it on but had to reroll due to the item appearing elsewhere in the same round. I'll remove it from the map.

Only one barracks. Only duplicate feature is the tower

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2023, 08:25:12 am »

Spoiler: Turn 5 gains/losses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:33:08 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52