- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23694 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 8 - CATS
« Reply #300 on: May 29, 2023, 11:07:01 am »

So, if I have no good mission for my wolves for a turn and just want to prevent losing them, am I allowed to keep them playing in front of my castle or something?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2023, 11:13:19 am »

So, if I have no good mission for my wolves for a turn and just want to prevent losing them, am I allowed to keep them playing in front of my castle or something?
Unassigned units will always just defend your castle, this is true for wolves, cats, skeletons etc.

I was planning on doing an update now I'm back, but apparently I'm still waiting on orders from Vermillion and Egan, and I think Criptfeind wants to send in some updated orders. So, the ball is your court.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 12:07:28 pm by notquitethere »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2023, 01:01:20 pm »

Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
Produced: 1 Stone, 3 Wood, 3 Armies (3 Overflow), 2 Gold.
March K11 with 1 Army.
Scout K10-K9-K8.
Scout J10-K9-K8.
Scout L10-L9-L8.
March L12 with 4 Armies.
2 Armies defend Castle Wright.
(edited)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:47:41 pm by VermilionSkies »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2023, 01:48:57 pm »

updated my orders to buy more cats.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:02:33 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 29, 2023, 10:10:06 pm »

Welp, the hag market really fucked me up a bit, so my current turn is probably a bad idea. But I don't have any other idea, so I'll just go for a blind expand. My turn post is fixed and runnable

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 29, 2023, 11:34:22 pm »

The hag market might need some tuning if you run this game again. That's a unit that ignores army cap, is available in unlimited amount, lowers pvm damage by 33% and pvp damage by 25% and gives a bonus in swamps. With no drawbacks. Given how much income we have already, they're worth closer to 12 gold a piece than 4 gold.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2023, 01:01:01 am »

The hag market might need some tuning if you run this game again. That's a unit that ignores army cap, is available in unlimited amount, lowers pvm damage by 33% and pvp damage by 25% and gives a bonus in swamps. With no drawbacks. Given how much income we have already, they're worth closer to 12 gold a piece than 4 gold.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are worth 12 gold, but they are certainly a steal at 4. Also the amount is limited to 27.

If anyone wants to throw money at me, I will resell my cats for 6 gold each.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2023, 02:28:21 am »

Hag market may be a steal with those cats, and could've more expensive... but it isn't all upsides in the context of other sites and artefacts, so we shall see...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2023, 02:51:58 am »

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.  :P
Come on guys, just 6 gold for a super-useful cat! while supplies last! Operators are standing by!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2023, 03:38:11 am »

You can only start selling next turn, I think? Would you accept an offer of 4 gold + 1 stone?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2023, 04:17:50 am »

I think most of the things that allow going past the unit cap are going to ultimately be pretty op. Last femur, wolf thing (depending on how many wolves spawn, but, hey, lucky you and Kashyyk, shit tons of them spawned in the north) and cats. But I mean, artifacts in general are very unbalanced so hard to say if it's too much of a bad thing that there is a particularly unbalanced class of them. I think the the blood forges sound super op as well right now if they just let you get an artifact per turn.

Also I guess I could buy cats, and probably should. But I'm poor.

Also blackclaw+catmarket=effectively infinite cats for sale?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:20:11 am by Criptfeind »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2023, 04:26:42 am »

Not exactly. I am willing to simultaneously give you 3 gold for 2 of your stone, or 2 wood for 1 of your stone. And then you can pay me the 6 gold.
Taking a peek at your finances, I can see that this is not for you. I can also sell you a cat on credit, if you promise to pay me 2 gold for the next 4 turns. 1 creditCat per customer.

Also blackclaw+catmarket=effectively infinite cats for sale?
Only if battles near the cat-market are infinite, but yes that can add a few cats to the stockpile.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2023, 04:38:04 am »

I think it'll all even out more or less, but I'm prepared to be wrong. The generator on its own has a flat difficulty curve, where you can mostly avoid harder encounters until later. The sites and artefacts then are designed to ramp up the power and difficulty as it goes on, with harder encounters but more tools for solving those encounters. Whether it works out as intended, we shall see. The main thing I have for balancing the use of monster units hasn't appeared yet but will probably appear in the next few turns.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2023, 04:47:32 am »

Not exactly. I am willing to simultaneously give you 3 gold for 2 of your stone, or 2 wood for 1 of your stone. And then you can pay me the 6 gold.
Taking a peek at your finances, I can see that this is not for you. I can also sell you a cat on credit, if you promise to pay me 2 gold for the next 4 turns. 1 creditCat per customer.
I'll just change my orders to be able to pay directly.. next turn, that is. Since your scout first needs to pick up the cats, I don't think you can instantly sell them this turn yet?

New orders:
Lend the Wolf Crystal to Prince Mackial FitzHarbort
Buy 9 stone for 18 gold
Build a barracks
March with 1 army on B14
March with 9 armies and the Rhuddy cape on D14

Spoiler: Bockelstein (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 05:16:03 am by Quarque »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2023, 05:25:35 am »

Since your scout first needs to pick up the cats, I don't think you can instantly sell them this turn yet?
This is correct. It's unlikely, but in theory something could happen to the scout on the way due to some other event.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 52