- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23760 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 8 - CATS
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2023, 06:25:11 am »

Do player owned cats turn the terrain into marshes on victory like normal cats, presumably destroying forests/villages/unique terrain? And, if so, what would that do to quarries and mines, which as terrain features I guess there's no rules that they can't exist in marshes, but will never generate in a marsh naturally outside of some sort of unique terrain/artifact?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2023, 06:39:23 am »

Do player owned cats turn the terrain into marshes on victory like normal cats, presumably destroying forests/villages/unique terrain? And, if so, what would that do to quarries and mines, which as terrain features I guess there's no rules that they can't exist in marshes, but will never generate in a marsh naturally outside of some sort of unique terrain/artifact?
Yep. You're asking the right kind of question.

"Failure to defeat the Bog Cat turns the terrain into Marshland" but wouldn't get rid of terrain features... so it wouldn't destroy forts, castles*, quarries, mines, free-standing moats etc. It can get rid of lairs, villages, forests, hills, and (if ever fight anything there) water and mountains. Unique sites are probably mostly fine (with a notable exception being the destruction of the unique forests).

*Castles are mostly terrain types as they're all unique, but for this purpose I'm treating them as terrain features as it makes more sense.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2023, 07:03:18 am »

Which happens first then, the scouting from a hill or the turning the terrain into marsh?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2023, 07:05:53 am »

Which happens first then, the scouting from a hill or the turning the terrain into marsh?
Turning into marshland, because it's an effect that triggers at the end of combat , and the scouting happens when combat is over and the terrain is seized.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2023, 07:12:44 am »

So that's one way to permanently destroy the Grove... Gonna have to save up for some cats!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2023, 07:23:40 am »

So that's one way to permanently destroy the Grove... Gonna have to save up for some cats!
The Grove is undefended so I'm not sure how you'd orchestrate that but I suppose it might be possible with some co-ordination.

I'll give Egan until abut 5pm BST (3.5 hours time) then I'll roll on the next turn.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 9 - REMNANTS
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2023, 11:34:15 am »

Turn 8 Reports
Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

Turn 9

Research
Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in L2 is the Puzzle Dungeon of Mad Lord Frost (Castle with keep, Seige Workshop) 13/13 defence - Lord Frost, a paranoid and inventive Thornish holdout, has retreated deep into his keep to tinker on his creations and allowed monsters to live in the outer areas. While he holds the Puzzle Dungeon, this castle counts as a lair: roll three on the monster table [2 giant, 2 wisps] for initial population. Any monsters marching from this location gain a randomly typed seige engine. He has stockpiled 2d6 wood [5] and 1d6 stone [2].

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns that in B1 is the Black Trotter (Cursed item: cannot be destroyed, sacrificed, gifted or traded. Whoever defeats an army wielding Black Trotter will gain the Black Trotter.) (One unit attacks first, twice in every combat, but each time they kill a unit somewhere a boar will turn into a grand tusk- a giant pig that counts as 2 boar. If no boar are currently on the map, the next X boar to appear will all be grand tusks, where X is the number of units killed by the Trotter.)

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 02:41:30 am by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2023, 11:48:03 am »

It never stops, at this point I don't even want to kill more Squelsh, but I just can't stop myself.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2023, 11:56:12 am »

Minor error, I should gain vision on C15 to E15 because of the hill.
Is it possible to attack the dragon on F11 by boat? If a cat is included in the fight, can it turn the water into swamp?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2023, 12:02:19 pm »

Minor error, I should gain vision on C15 to E15 because of the hill.
Good spot. Now included.

Is it possible to attack the dragon on F11 by boat? If a cat is included in the fight, can it turn the water into swamp?
Yes and yes.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2023, 01:25:20 pm »

Another minor correction, the border between C11 and C12 should be black, since I do not own C11.

@a1s wtb 2 cats for 12 gold this turn

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2023, 02:24:48 pm »

Tally ho!

Edit: see a later post for my actions this turn.

First, buy 3 wood from Bockhoven for 2 Gold, and 2 armies for 2 Gold from Ayes. I also send the Wolf Gem and five wolves to Bockhoven.
Then build 6 siege engines for 12 wood, and march 14 Infantry, 1 Wolf and 6 Siege engines on the Sundered Spire (J10)

@Quarque: Would you be willing to sell me 2 wood? What's your price?

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:04:39 am by Kashyyk »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2023, 02:32:53 pm »

@Kashyyk: I think the going rate is 3 wood for 2 gold, so that would be a deal. Also, if I can have your dragon, you can have a new marsh next turn..

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2023, 02:40:12 pm »

@a1s wtb 2 cats for 12 gold this turn
Sending you two cats. Not sure where you got 12 gold, but that's your business I guess.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2023, 03:07:59 pm »

orders:
send 2 bog cats and 1 army to Marquess Fritz Ferdinand von Bockhoven
Receive 12 gold, 1 stone from same
receive 4 gold from Prince Mackial FitzHarbort
Send 2 armies to Prince Mackial FitzHarbort
march 5 armies on L9.
March 3 army on M9
March 3 armies to N8

Will pay 3:2 gold for stone! or 2:1 wood for stone. or 3 wood for 2 gold, for that matter.
Still willing to sell off some armies/do mercenary work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 12:29:21 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 52