Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [IC]  (Read 4452 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [IC]
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 11:56:07 am »

"I believe I may have to write to my wife, and tell her not to expect me home for a while."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2023, 07:45:13 pm »

"You could call me that. / I've cut down a thousand oni / To protect others.
'Musei Higosha' / That is what we were known as / Back in my homeland."

Perfect.

"Oh good, then I will be in someone's capable hands. Not that I would let you take the glory. Hehe."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 02:16:47 am »

"Then something must be keeping you here," Bärbel said towards the man who had asked about the calendar date, her tone sympathetic. "The locals feel the same, holding out this long."

"Too stubborn," she added brightly, her eyes straying towards Barry and Bernhard. Who could blame them, wanting to keep their home?

"I don't know if you aim to fight as well, but with all these hunters surely it's a sign that things will turn for the better."

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2023, 04:36:05 pm »

Barry grabbed a couple more bottles from behind him.

: For the lass, a glass of Pazin biska should do well. As for ye, Englishman, nae worries, we're all accostumed to the castle's effects on people. How 'bout a glass of ma own made whiskey? The auld familiar taste of the highlands will ease yer troubles.
Ooh? That's brandy that has been infused with mistletoe leaves, correct? Can't say I've ever had that before. Well, here's to broadened horizons, Živjeli!

*Ahem* Wow, I see now why they call it "medicine that warms the heart", but if all my medicine tasted like this I'd be one lucky girl!

"Forgive me," he did his best to keep his nerves from showing "but I believe I'm still on the... Julian calendar. Could someone tell me the year, month, and day? I think I might want to send a letter later."
"...If I didn't blunder up something on the way here, today would be 16th of April, 1696 Anno Domini..." - Jahid informed Jon.
That sounds right to me, but, on the off chance the fine gentleman uses another calendar: I believe it is the 14th of Nisan, 5456 using the Hebrew calendar; and the 11th day of Ramadan 1107 according to the Islamic calendar. I don't necessarily expect you to be the sort, but how often do you get to show off a skill like this?

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2023, 04:48:48 pm »

That sounds right to me, but, on the off chance the fine gentleman uses another calendar: I believe it is the 14th of Nisan, 5456 using the Hebrew calendar; and the 11th day of Ramadan 1107 according to the Islamic calendar. I don't necessarily expect you to be the sort, but how often do you get to show off a skill like this?

"Hmm. Not too often. Bahniskrik, was it? ...I forgot to introduce myself, call me Jahid."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2023, 11:10:33 pm »

"I will protect you / And everyone coming too. / We stand together."

Sasaki nodded to Guifei and turned his attention to Barry.

"Anything we should know? / Rumors, falsehoods, and the truth / All pass through a bar."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2023, 05:28:47 am »

"This rather seems like a coincidental gathering of monster hunters tonight. Joining forces would be a wise decision, the master of the Demon's Castle is... sure promises to be a creature unlike any other."
"He might be a challenge even for someone of your preceeding fame, Mister Sasaki. Of course, reaching the castle in the first place is a quest in and of itself..."

As he was downing his drink, it seems like something is dawning upon Jakov. He slowly turns towards the group.

"... It is said that light attracts dark... So, if so many hunters have gathered here... Oh no."

Like summoned by his words, multiple "thud" sounds were heard from the pub's roof. If one would look outside the window, they would see a rain of flame-tipped arrows hailing down. Just seconds afterwards, multiple noises erupt.
The voices and trampling of Pazin locals scrambling through the main road after the initial strike, carrying buckets of water and meager amounts of iron armaments.
The crackling of burning woods originating from the roof.
The distant howls and screams of approaching creatures of the night.
A woman shouting "VOLLEY!" and the locals hiding behind walls and carts as a second row of burning arrows descent upon the city.

It was not long before Pazin begins to light up the evening.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2023, 05:44:31 am »

"But dark also attracts lig-" - Jahid's philosophical retort got interrupted by hell getting let loose in Pazin. He quickly peeked through nearby window. - "We came here looking for trouble... trouble had the same idea." - Jahid puts on his fingerless gloves with studded knuckles, and takes a deep breath; those more spiritually-sensitive people might notice him emanating a slight, gold aura.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2023, 06:01:17 am »

Amadeo sighs, then sets down the drink he'd barely touched so far.

"It seems a preacher's work is never done."

He turns to the Mayor, severely.

"Mayor Jakov, if would please organize your people, improve the bucket brigades they are already forming, and make sure the civilians are safe...?"

Already walking towards the door, he beckons to the other hunters in the room.

"The dark may be attracted to the light, but only for jealousy and pride. If it knew humility, it would know it could freely share in God's infinite light. And so it falls to people like us to humble it. Let's go."

Amadeo reaches for his pouch and arms himself with what seems to be a wooden box, small enough to hold in one hand. Though unadorned, it radiates a certain...importance.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2023, 06:32:03 am »

As soon as the first arrows hit the roof of the Holy Cross Barry started putting away the bottles to safety.

: Bloody arse, one day I have the pub full... He grumbled as he grabbed some more buckets and distributed them to the locals.

: Englishman! Will ya be awrite in here?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2023, 12:16:01 pm »

"...no." Jonathan said, seeming like whatever trance he'd been in since learning the date he'd finally snapped out of it. He stood up, cracking his neck and rolling his shoulder, revealing his full height to be rather tall, competing with the likes of Berhard and Leo, as well as the presence of a uniquely angled knife, about the length of his forearm, hanging from his belt.

"I haven't really been alright since I got here, for a variety of reasons, and I don't expect that to change any time soon." he rolled up his sleeves to reveal skin covered in scars and bite marks, "and I don't think I'll be in here for much longer."

He drew the knife and started walking to the door.

"Terrifying demonic creatures that live in castles and terrorize nearby villagers? I have experience with one of those. He locked me in a castle, killed my friends, and tried to kill my wife, so I beat him with a shovel and chopped his head off. Maybe if I do the same to this one, I can go home. If not? Well, it will be cathartic anyway. So, I'm going to be outside, chopping things into pieces until those pieces stop moving." he twirled his knife as he started walking out, "Besides, this thing needs it's regular taste of the blood of my enemies or it gets cranky."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2023, 12:22:26 pm »

"Enemies draw near? / We shall repel the demons; / Go and find safety."

Sasaki drew a pair of flintlocks from his cloak and held them with the barrels up as he pushed open the door with his elbow.

"Have a taste of lead, / o foul creatures of the night! / You face Sasaki!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2023, 12:35:26 pm »

: Bwahahaha! Tha's the talk a like to hear! In that case...

Barry crackled his knuckles and threw off his robe. After putting on a pair of iron studded gloves and grabbing a pouch with a bottle of brew inside, he came out from behind the bar.

: I'll be joinin' the outside as well! Take care of ma pub, awrite?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2023, 02:27:44 pm »

Bearhardt Downs the rest of his drink.

"Was a nice night." Muscles bulge as he follows Barry to punch out some demons.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2023, 08:04:51 am »

"Hmm. Not too often. Bahniskrik, was it? ...I forgot to introduce myself, call me Jahid."
Please to better make your acquaintance Jahid, you can call me Kay.
Kay notices Jahid's gold pendant.
Hmm... that pendant, it looks vaguely familiar... where have a seen a star like that... might be unrelated, all sorts of cultures use stars for all sorts of uses... but usually they don't go up to 8 points...

The thudding of arrows breaks Kay out of her thoughts.

What was that?! Are we... we are under attack! *shoot shoot where did I put those notes... here they are, same pocket as always*
As Kay looks over the loose pages in her hand, wordlessly mouthing words and moving her hand and fingers in arcane motions, sparks jumping and orbiting as she does so, she turns to the Mayor.
My apologies Mayor, but unless you have someone who can animate water, or create it ex nihilo, I don't think I'll be much help when it comes to extinguishing the flames, however... the sparks coming from Kay's hand coalesce into arcs of lightning I might be able to help drive off the miscreants who are stating them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7