Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: BRUTE SQUAD (4/5)  (Read 1468 times)

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BRUTE SQUAD (5/5)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2024, 06:49:15 pm »

Abe heads into the truck. Getting into shotgun, of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 06:53:42 pm »

((Reminder that "driving is a fast check" means that if you're not Bobby, you either drive carefully or you crash immediately due to autofail. This has been a friendly PSA.))
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2024, 07:37:01 pm »

((Yeah I know, hes not going to drive, mainly just sit in shotgun)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2024, 10:37:54 pm »

Okay, but Bobby ran away, so somebody who's not Bobby has to drive to pick up Bobby.

... ooooor, we could try something where "your brute strength would come in handy"...

Could I just, like... pick up the whole truck... and everyone on it... and just sort of... throw it to where Bobby is? Ideally, into the crowd of Vikings he's approaching.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:40:26 pm by Maximum Spin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2024, 11:34:29 pm »

Okay, but Bobby ran away, so somebody who's not Bobby has to drive to pick up Bobby.

... ooooor, we could try something where "your brute strength would come in handy"...

Could I just, like... pick up the whole truck... and everyone on it... and just sort of... throw it to where Bobby is? Ideally, into the crowd of Vikings he's approaching.

A bit strong for a level 1… but for the cost of 1 health damage I’ll allow it!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2024, 12:47:30 am »

Bobby continues to run as fast as possible towards the palace, if any enemies get in his way he will tear his way through them!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2024, 03:31:45 am »

A bit strong for a level 1… but for the cost of 1 health damage I’ll allow it!
What if I just threw one person, like, say, the one who conveniently hasn't made an action yet?
Then he and Bobby can just throw each other back to the truck. I see no problem with this.

I mean, if the truck occupants prefer the other plan, I am willing to make this sacrifice, though.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2024, 03:47:14 am »

What if I just threw one person, like, say, the one who conveniently hasn't made an action yet?
Who's that?
That's a great plan with one itty-bitty issue... You'd be left behind. Unless you're gonna do some troll-physics thing to both throw the truck and hold on somehow?

Bernhard gets in the back of the truck, sits down and tries to recall anything about the Space Vikings, the palace or anything useful really.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2024, 11:31:56 am »

-Betty climbs on top of the truck, setting up with her heavy machine gun, with Abe climbing into the passenger seat of the truck, while Bernhard steps away from the troop transport and sits in the back of the truck. He tries hard to remember anything useful.

(2)

He does recall that the Space Vikings are bad people, who raid planets and destroy whole cities. They are known for their strong armor and preference for melee combat. This is all that occurs to him before the truck is launched into the air.

-Slab, having received the keys to the truck, waits for the other Brutes to climb in. Having done so, he put the keys in the cab, ducks under the truck, and with a mighty exertion picks it up. The truck creaks and groans under the unusual stain. Gathering himself, Slab roars and throws the truck out of the outpost in the direction Bobby ran off to. Slab falls to his knees as the truck flies. 

The officer who handed Slab the keys mere moments ago just stares in the direction the truck was thrown.

Slab takes 1 damage

-Bobby bursts out of an alleyway to the sight of a squad of ten Viking raiders attacking a small checkpoint. Laser fire brings down one militiaman before the vikings spot him. 

(Fast/Surprise check-6)

Taken completly by surprise, Bobby runs into their leader and, continuing with his run, uses the viking's body as a battering ram through the wall of the building on the other side of the street. 

And then the truck smashes through the top of a nearby building and lands in the middle of the raider's squad, crushing one unlucky man.

The truck is ruined, missing its wheels, but the passengers remain unharmed and ready for action.

Surrounded by foes (except for Slab) what do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2024, 11:57:55 am »

Brrrr tat-tat-tat dakka dakka!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2024, 12:23:16 pm »

Attempt to convince someone to drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword fists.

Yes, TurboDwarf, I did know that would happen, but it's funny!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2024, 08:09:08 pm »

Rush out the Truck, cutting as many nearby heads of the enemy as he can!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2024, 02:00:59 am »

Rush towards the enemies as fast as he can and rip and tear until they are dead!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2024, 02:46:12 am »

Yes, TurboDwarf, I did know that would happen, but it's funny!
tbh i was half-hoping on the trollphysics. but it is still funny either way.

Bernhard calmly steps out of the truck, pushing up his glasses. He looks around for a street lamp within reach he can sweep the enemies with. If none is found, he revs up the power saw and gets to work.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2024, 09:15:29 am »

-Abe rushes out of the truck. Power sword blazing, he cuts down three vikings, sending their heads flying.

-Bobby throws the broken corpse of the officer aside before running out and literally tearing a viking in half.

-Betty lets loose with her machine gun, sending forth a hail of bullets that blow apart the remaining 4 raiders.

-Bernhard cooly cuts down a lamp post and looks to crush anyone left standing. However, that is left are a few twitching corpses and a couple militiamen who are crouched shaking in a corner.

Luckily then rounding the corner is another truck, with Slab hanging off the shotgun door and a terrified officer behind the wheel. It screeches to a stop in front of the Brutes.

First combat complete! You have a truck, do you take the main avenue to potentially get to the palace faster (but risk more combat), or navigate the side roads?

After battles (such as this one) everyone heals 1 Health from the thrill of victory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5