Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62

Author Topic: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS  (Read 225412 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat - Teh LOLmod succession fort - PG2 FOR DETAILS
« Reply #510 on: October 04, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

Of course, use machine guns on zombies, i don't think that idea has been used before.

Or at least not in a video game.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Of course, use machine guns on zombies, i don't think that idea has been used before.

Or at least not in a video game.
Not flying necromancer wizard squads shooting fire, no. Plus it doesn't even work on zombies.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 04, 2012, 11:48:15 pm »

The mod might be published if we get enough people to actually work on it,polish and add things alongisde testers. Otherwise it'll just be a buggy amusing release. I myself would do the modding but I do not have the required knowledge and not enough time to learn anew these days. And I do think it'll be amazing if we were to make some machine gun weapon for the dwarfs to use. Function like a rapid bow/crossbow but with lower damage and a faster rate of fire with easily producable ammunitions. But this will never be implemented in Necrothreat due to the fact it'll require a new world gen.

But yeah. If we got somebody to actually add,remove and/or polish the mod, it'll be published. Otherwise in it's current state, it needs a few minor tweaks to make it playable and can be pushed right into their LOL mouths. As per now, the only way to download the mod (this isn't even the latest version. The latest version has fixed lolcats) is from the main comment (page 2) on this topic. (Or alternatively manualy finding it on the DFFD without knowing of this succession fort)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 05, 2012, 12:12:07 am »

I would be willing to try helping with "teh mod" in my spare time, but I would probably rather just make stuff to try to add, rather than try to bug-fix, simply because I wouldn't know If I was fixxing a problem, or changing a fundamental aspect of a well-liked addition, so I would just stick to my own stuff and send it to you guys.

But I'll try to make the mod more elaborate in order to help out.
I think "moar pplz" should use this stuff.
The Derail Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:24 am »

I would be willing to try helping with "teh mod" in my spare time, but I would probably rather just make stuff to try to add, rather than try to bug-fix, simply because I wouldn't know If I was fixxing a problem, or changing a fundamental aspect of a well-liked addition, so I would just stick to my own stuff and send it to you guys.

I already added war-lolcats, so theres that. Just, because. I couldn't resist.

Icould help out too, mostly dealing with artificial cosmetic stuff. But I can still be useful. My first thought is the BERZERK WOLF.

But yeah, this could be interesting. I'll see if I can post a few interesting things into the thread after my turn.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 05, 2012, 07:13:17 am »

That wasn't my experiance, although it did look alot like anime, what with the squad shooting constant fireballs that looked almost like machine gun fire/ (I am speaking about a experiance that occured when I left DF running, this, fortunately, did not occur ingame) It was so funny watching them attempting to kill the zombie wuth their rapid-fire shots and failing miserably.
[/quote]

It wasn't your experience because those are normal threadnecromancers, only the high lord has the "ten fireballs at once" thing going on....I think.....then again I didn't even think to give the normal ones the fireballs, that was Talvi's idea so he might have just copy pasted the High Lord Threadnecromancer's spells onto the normal ones. I hope not though, that would kinda make the High Lord feel less badass, as  we already would have fought something just about as powerful, but in greater numbers.
I was holding back on telling what I thought was his most powerful ability, but turns out it probably won't work. I set the range on his necro spell to a ridiculous number, with the intent that he would be able to raise things even deep in the fort, but then I realized they need line of sight so....crap... He's probably not gonna be all that scary after all....:(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:53 am »

I already added war-lolcats, so theres that. Just, because. I couldn't resist.

Icould help out too, mostly dealing with artificial cosmetic stuff. But I can still be useful. My first thought is the BERZERK WOLF.

But yeah, this could be interesting. I'll see if I can post a few interesting things into the thread after my turn.
Make a berzerk wolf Megabeast called Fenrir :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 05, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

Umad BFEL? I can imagine all the dwarf corpses we'll have just by fighting the zombies. If that High lord necrothreader gets any line of sight whatsoever of the battle of our dwarves and his zombies, we're utterly screwed. It's like converting our own troops against us when they hit 0 Hitpoints. I can already sense the agony and screams with pain.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:00:28 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 05, 2012, 09:37:49 am »

Umad BFEL? I can imagine all the dwarf corpses we'll have just by fighting the zombies. If that High lord necrothreader gets any line of site whatsoever of the battle of our dwarves and his zombies, we're utterly screwed. It's like converting our own troops against us when they hit 0 Hitpoints. I can already sense the agony and screams with pain.
I think when it comes to my turn, we're going to be utterly screwed...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 05, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »

The farmer left to go watch his crops as the arciver worked on getting the words to make sense.
4th of granite- Why do we have rock doors being mass produced? NURSE STOP ALL PRODUCTION OF "LUXORY" ITEMS!!!
Wooden ball spikes, what? Why are sucky trap components? Foolish fools this fortress is all screwy looks like I have some work to do.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 05, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »

Hehe so we see a snippet of the lost passages FOOLISH FOOLS INCLUDED! YAY

Indeed, I do this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 05, 2012, 08:01:42 pm »

I think that FOOLISH FOOLS should be a part of the NecroThreat Anthem
The Derail Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 05, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »

I think that FOOLISH FOOLS should be a part of the NecroThreat Anthem

That it should.

Also we have gone updateless for about 5 pages now :(

In other news Misko's turn is the best ever....well until Sprin finishes the lost histories at least XD

Oh one more thing, I would like to suggest a adventure legend mode side expedition to find out WHAT THE HELL is up with Glidesnarls. I mean really, holy shit :P
Too bad dwarf places dont show up in adventure mode :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:17:01 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 05, 2012, 10:21:10 pm »

The farmer left to go watch his crops as the arciver worked on getting the words to make sense.
4th of granite- Why do we have rock doors being mass produced? NURSE STOP ALL PRODUCTION OF "LUXORY" ITEMS!!!
Wooden ball spikes, what? Why are sucky trap components? Foolish fools this fortress is all screwy looks like I have some work to do.
no!

trade those bitches!

they're worth like 500 bux each if they're of three-bar quality

masterworks go for over 1000
My wooden badge was delicious.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »

no!

trade those bitches!

they're worth like 500 bux each if they're of three-bar quality

masterworks go for over 1000
I wa wondering why those were there...

Too late now though. I decided we needed more traps.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 62