Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Nano Fortress (2013.1.25.1)  (Read 87379 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nano Fortress
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »

I found that extremely satisfying to watch. Thank you.
Ah, I wish it had been centered on the dwarves, but yes, it is funny. :)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:23 am »

Those poor dwarves, I wonder what was going threw their head at the time.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2008, 02:57:01 am »

Lava?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2008, 03:19:53 am »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2008, 04:26:07 am »

I started a nano fortress on a volcano (1x1) literally NO room to build, so I just quit.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 05:23:17 am »

That is by far the fastest i have seen a fortress die, funny how your reclaim party managed to stay alive though, maybe you could'v even made a fortress out of it (wich without water would have been pretty damn hard)
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 08:08:22 pm »

That is by far the fastest i have seen a fortress die, funny how your reclaim party managed to stay alive though, maybe you could'v even made a fortress out of it (wich without water would have been pretty damn hard)

I tried, but the magma was causing cancelations left and right and I didn't get any farms built before everyone expired.

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2008, 02:42:01 am »

I downloaded this and tried it out. It worked at first but now it has totally screwed dwarf fortress up.

I will play for awhile and then an error message pops up that says "NEMESIS UNIT LOAD FAILED" and then it shuts DF down. I tried unpatching it and that did nothing. Removing dwarf fortress and reinstalling it didn't work either. How do I fix this?

Update: I have tried moving directories around and using older versions of DF. Nothing works and I think that this constitutes a serious bug that needs to be fixed immediately as I cannot play DF at all thanks to it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:47:47 am by Nomadic »

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2008, 03:13:23 am »

Nomadic: It shouldn't be caused by this utility. Did DF at any time abnormally exit (e.g. crashed, task manager to kill it)?

Anyway, the solution should be to delete the save folder; that happens when one of the unit files part of the save got corrupted. If it persists after you've removed all the saves, then come back.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2008, 08:17:29 am »

I downloaded this and tried it out. It worked at first but now it has totally screwed dwarf fortress up.

I will play for awhile and then an error message pops up that says "NEMESIS UNIT LOAD FAILED" and then it shuts DF down. I tried unpatching it and that did nothing. Removing dwarf fortress and reinstalling it didn't work either. How do I fix this?

Update: I have tried moving directories around and using older versions of DF. Nothing works and I think that this constitutes a serious bug that needs to be fixed immediately as I cannot play DF at all thanks to it.

Since all this program does is edit a memory bit or two, rebooting should fix anything caused by it.

You did reboot, right?

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2008, 08:44:59 am »

Ok, here it is.  Had to regen the world and embark at the same location.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-701-shortestfortever

"The Spike of Drills

Temperature: Warm"
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:24 am »

I just realized that this lets us make 10×1 fortresses. If you can do a 3×3, you can do a 10×1.

Now to build the Great Wall of <insert civ name here>.

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:56 am »

I just realized that this lets us make 10×1 fortresses. If you can do a 3×3, you can do a 10×1.

Now to build the Great Wall of <insert civ name here>.

The civ name is always the problem.  It's hard to be in awe of something like "The Great Wall of The Dappled Peaches"

Neskiairti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Trust me, dont look.
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2008, 11:12:32 am »

dont make it the civ name.. make it the fortress name :P
"The Great Wall of Skull Intercoursed of Wagons"
The New Moo!

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2008, 03:04:33 pm »

Quote from: Jifodus
Nomadic: It shouldn't be caused by this utility. Did DF at any time abnormally exit (e.g. crashed, task manager to kill it)?

Anyway, the solution should be to delete the save folder; that happens when one of the unit files part of the save got corrupted. If it persists after you've removed all the saves, then come back.

Nope it never crashed on me or existed badly. I would really rather not delete all my saves as I put alot of work into them. I will relocate them and open a new game and see what happens.

Quote from: Dadamh
Since all this program does is edit a memory bit or two, rebooting should fix anything caused by it.

You did reboot, right?

This has been going on over several days (and I shut down my computer every night).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16