Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419684 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - An Heir is Born!
« Reply #2145 on: December 07, 2010, 08:21:45 am »

Bump. Also, is there a way to get a larger screen size in 40d so I can see more map?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2146 on: December 10, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »

While your working on that, has my guy been up to anything at all?

You are a champion level marksdwarf.  You spend your days guarding the rooftop of the old barracks, morning noon and night, readying yourself for a siege that never comes.

I'm not actually caught up yet (still on page 78), but would it be possible to get a list of dwarfs that are available?

There are many grand-children of the Grand-Duchess still available, as well as kids of the Dungeon Master and Court Musician.  But you can also get in line for one of Urist's kids.  They're popping out once a year or so.

Bump. Also, is there a way to get a larger screen size in 40d so I can see more map?

Its in the init file.  df -> data -> init -> init.txt.   The values you are looking for is grid and full grid.  You have to do some math by diving your screen resolution dimensions by 8 and 12.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2147 on: December 10, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »

When last we visited the cavernous mountain-hall and pyramid-fortress of Blockedlance, Empress Urist had just given birth to her first son, and first legitimate heir.  He would continue her dynastic rule in the ancient patriarchal traditions of the Ageless Matched Lashes.  The death and mutilation of King Olon back in 176 had been the last time a male had ruled the land...and now, more than a century later, the fallen Kingdom rose again. 

Urist wondered how her daughter Uggi would react when she grew to be old enough to realize that her crown had been lost due to her vagina, even though the last two monarchs had HAD vaginas.  It was not Urist's intention to have the Empire ruled by amazons forever.  Urist had always imagined that a womans role was to lounge around in comfort and luxury.  Let the men handle the hard work and the devilish details.  Give them the crown, let them fight and die over it.  In her wildest most reckless hopes, Urist dreamed that Uggi would grow up and seduce one of the male Khamerites (descendants of Khamero) into supporting her for the rest of her life, thus cementing the two noble lines together and hopefully easing the growing tension.  Of course, that could always cause more tension as the sons of Uggi might try to take the crown from Lucifer's descendants. 

Urist fretted over what the best course of action was.  All she really knew was that the Khamerites were a liability now.  As the largest faction of dwarves they controlled the mayors office, and through Khamero's marriage to Jewelettarette, they held great influence over the Grand Duchess and the Duke.  Duke Travolta was was also a scorned lover of Urist, cast aside for refusing to release his spores into the Empress when commanded.  Unrest was almost guaranteed within this fortress.  Urist aligned herself with her other old lover Kurk Quorcane and his wife the Dungeon Master Petbeard.  The Kurkish bloodline was nowhere near as large as the Khamerite clan, but it would bolster Urist's numbers until she could breed enough children to secure her position.

These next few years would be the most dangerous for her...

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: December 10, 2010, 02:31:55 pm »

Is my noble-namesake an adult yet?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2149 on: December 10, 2010, 02:43:24 pm »

Is my noble-namesake an adult yet?

Nil Thundershield is our skilled Bone Carver.  With the siege bug, there are few bones.  However, while filling up a tree farm with water, the river lowered enough to queue up some hauling jobs.  From the depths of the river our fine dwarves have pulled dozens of old snakeman and frogman skeletons.  Most of your carving skill has come from that.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2010, 03:14:38 pm »

Urist got pregnant soon after the birth of Lucifer, and suffered again the misery of a bloated pregnant body.  The hormones swirled inside of her....to the point where she lost control....

One night....the madness just seemed to creep over her....

She knew the other dwarves could not live...

They were criminals...

She beat them here, she beat them there
Urist beat them everywhere
She did not weep or stop to think
She only stopped to have a drink

They tantrumed, screamed, cried and moaned
When Urist's fists broke through their bone
Their pain so great, that in the fray
A stray tamed horse became enraged

Denisol, mad he went
For his life was soon to end
Others soon they joined him there
The madness it spread everywhere

"I'll fight you!" I heard someone shout
Fisticuffs had broken out
Brothers, cousins, turned to strike
And Armok here he smiled wide

Tallpanzer just got beaten down
They beat you up in this here town
Bruised and bloodied he shambled off
But soon his mind, completely lost

Deduk, Leesin, Nil got sad
Boo fuckin hoo, go grow some nads
Eventually, calm overcame
Accepting like dwarves, their dwarvish fate

The few survivors tried to clean
The gore that once their friends had been
These memories wont wash away
Dragged like bodies to their grave

And then....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:27:39 pm by MrGimp »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 10, 2010, 03:22:44 pm »

:o Wow...
I've been watching this for a long time and your story keeps amazing me, good work.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:24:45 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

stolensteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 10, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »

Okay, I'd like to join in line on the succession chain to be birthed then. Male or female, I'll take the name Steel.
-st

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2153 on: December 11, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

Spring 280

King Fikod sat on a tower cap chair, locked deep within the fortress.  In front of him, on a diorite table, sat four lit candles.  Mogror Harbett paced up and down, staring at the fallen King.  He had been torturing the poor monarch for about a decade now.  Still, Mogror had not had enough.

"How many candles are there?" he asked, his voice stern and cold.

"Please....I cant take it anymore!" cried Fikod.

"Then just tell me what I need to know.  How many candles are there?" Mogror asked again, losing patience.

"I see four candles, sir..." answered Fikod.  He knew what was coming next.  Mogror came around the table and punched Fikod in his face as hard as he could.  His two and a half century old skull could barely keep from collapsing in on itself. 

"There are FIVE candles!  Now...tell me....how many candles do you see?"

"No!"

Mogror hit him again.  "How many do you see?"

"Five!!!  I see five!"

There was a pause.  Mogror smiled cruelly.  "You see five candles?" he asked. 

Fikod looked again at the table.  There were four candles, as there had always been.  But if Mogror wanted to hear five, Fikod was not going to resist him anymore.  "Yes," he spoke at last.  His voice was shaky and weak from the beatings.  "Yes....it is as you say.  I see five candles."

Another brief pause.  Then suddenly, Mogror leapt at Fikod again, beating him even more viciously this time.  "Are you BLIND dwarf?  Theres FOUR!!!"

Mogror continued to beat the helpless old dwarf day in and day out.  He never grew tired of it.  Especially now that Fikod was completely broken.  Fikod, for his part, continued to beg the Gods to let him die.  He had already lived far longer than any dwarf since Old Beard and Mogror.  His family was dead, his crown had been taken, his kingdom was occupied.....it seemed there was nothing left but to die.  Why wasnt he being allowed to die?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2154 on: December 11, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »

So not much else happened that was very interersting in 280.  By odd stroke of luck, however, Urist gave birth to two children in one year.  Hail Prince Draken and Prince Filiusenox!

Note - It seems that Urist's children are less fanatical in their worship of Armok than the Khamerites and Kurkites.  I guess being born into power they sorta feel the equal of the Gods, and dont spend as much time on them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2155 on: December 11, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »

Okay, I'd like to join in line on the succession chain to be birthed then. Male or female, I'll take the name Steel.

Ok youre in.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 11, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »

Can I be the one who enforces his brother Lucifer's will without thought? (So I don't die?)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 12, 2010, 02:48:27 am »

Oh, wow! This story is great, I just checked back for the first time in a while... Can I hop in line for the next dwarf to be born anywhere in the fortress? Name 'em Yoigan, if that's okay. :)
Keep up the story!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 12, 2010, 01:26:55 pm »

Yay for not being beaten to madness!
Am I old enough to place work orders yet?
or Am I a "working class" nob?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Ninja Pichu

• Bay Watcher
  • [THREAD_DESTROYER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 13, 2010, 02:57:09 am »

Woo! As far as I currently know, I live! Live to hoard everything I can in my room!
I had to imagine some badass scarred up dwarf with a battleaxe blade strapped directly to his arm over the stump.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 164