Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419690 times)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2009, 02:31:47 pm »

Very good job so far.

I would like a dwarf, a male preferably, and if an engineer or blacksmith or mason or miner is open, I'd take one and in that order. If not, then military. And if not even that, any dwarf that is free. Nickname: Captain Coder.

Did the queen get her heir yet or is that in a future update?
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 10, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

Hmm, non-game-recognised nobility? Sweet.
Make her continously spout out reasonable, useful, well thought out and therefore comepletely undorfy mandates.
Regular dwarf: [DEMAND] Beer in stomach
Noble: [DEMAND] Magma in room

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 11, 2009, 10:22:01 am »

Hmm, non-game-recognised nobility? Sweet.
Make her continously spout out reasonable, useful, well thought out and therefore comepletely undorfy mandates.
Regular dwarf: [DEMAND] Beer in stomach
Noble: [DEMAND] Magma in room
I meant mandates like '5 sets of clothing fit for the rulers' (For the rulers, including the queen) '10 stacks of cow bone bolts' (No elf, that's dorfy.) 'Thick bulkheads between the inner temple and the fortress.' (Reasonable back up defenses! D:)
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1293 on: November 19, 2009, 03:44:54 am »

Very good job so far.

I would like a dwarf, a male preferably, and if an engineer or blacksmith or mason or miner is open, I'd take one and in that order. If not, then military. And if not even that, any dwarf that is free. Nickname: Captain Coder.

The two engineers are taken, but I do have a furnace operator guy that helps smelt our gobs of platinum and magnetite ores.  Ill make you him if that's cool.

As for Urist's heir...yeah, I hope that happens in a future update  :)  .... but it might not   :-\   

The dwarves will do what the dwarves will do.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1294 on: November 19, 2009, 04:19:17 am »

Diary of the Queen
29th of Granite

Well diary, I have begun keeping a diary again, because I no longer fear someone reading this.  I have a security apparatus that rivals that of the ancient emperors!  With the flick of a few levers, I could seal myself in my palace, and flood the temple with magma, and the fortress with water.  I have slaughtered all those who have opposed me!  I have slaughtered the non-believers who attempted to breed!

Ahhhh....the silence these past years has been wonderful!  It has been roughly ten years since the horrid cries of a filthy baby were heard here in Blockedlance.  All the snot-nosed heathen children and infants were impaled on spikes or drowned.  It is simply grand!

I do wish I had a child of my own though....

Oh diary, the Duke is dreamy!  But he keeps saying he's not ready for babies and marriage.  Well he was ready enough to shag me rotten in a puddle of that food taster's blood wasn't he??? 

I think it's because Im so old diary!  I saw myself in the mirror the other day, and theres GREY HAIRS in my beard!!!  I had to spend several hours with that legendary clothier of ours so he could dye my beard back to normal again.  We had to mix dimple, emerald, and red root dye, along with some other herbs and roots to get the right shade for my hair.  It smelled something awful!

Oh well.  Gotta run diary, I'm meeting the Duke in the death pits again.  I'm gonna pull his lever and get impaled by his spike.

PS - Fuck Peasants!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 04:22:01 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 19, 2009, 12:33:52 pm »

This place is so wrong it's hilarious.
Poor Urist, worrying about her age. At least she doesn't look as old as Mogror.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1296 on: November 19, 2009, 02:25:55 pm »

Very good job so far.

The two engineers are taken, but I do have a furnace operator guy that helps smelt our gobs of platinum and magnetite ores.  Ill make you him if that's cool.

As for Urist's heir...yeah, I hope that happens in a future update  :)  .... but it might not   :-\   

The dwarves will do what the dwarves will do.

Sure, I'll take him/her.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 19, 2009, 11:04:02 pm »

I can't imagine that all the dwarfen sex going around that Urist can't get pregnant unless one or the other is sterile. After all, this is before the time of contraceptives and condoms.

Unless Urist hit menopause or the Duke is sterile, I can't imagine a little Antichrist not being conceived back when they were bumping uglies back in that pool of blood back there.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 19, 2009, 11:20:54 pm »

Dwarves are completely unable to have children unless they are married (and reproduce using spores anyway). Locking them in a room just forces them to talk to each other until they get married.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 19, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »

Yeah, thats right.

Since Urist is, in game, a non-noble and nobles are supposed to arrive with consorts, eg wives, then perhaps its impossible in the game for a noble to marry, since they are generated with a consort they are married to.

With the game mechanics, once married, a dwarf will never re-marry ever again.

Hmm. That explains it. Urist should be dating outside of the royal family, methinks.

Urist's cold streak with trying to make babies with imported nobles and making no success... nobles are considered "married" by the game and since dorfs never re-marry and you must be married to make babies, this all suddenly makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 11:35:51 pm by HAMMERMILL »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1300 on: November 20, 2009, 12:20:49 am »

Yeah but the Duke isnt really a noble either.  His mother (the Grand Duchess) is game recognized nobility, but hes just some shmuck with legendary appraiser skill and a purple flashy name.

The age difference may be hindering it though....Urist is 50 years older.

Do dwarves have preferences for someone in their own generation?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1301 on: November 20, 2009, 01:21:47 am »

I think Urist has a fetish for younger guys.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 20, 2009, 01:32:23 am »

Dwarves generally prefer relationships with dwarves in the same migrant group and, yes, generation. They WILL still have relationships with others who are not in the same grouping, but they will build very slowly relative to a relationship between two migrants from the same wave.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 20, 2009, 01:35:30 am »

I think it must be some sort of game-mechanic keeping Urist from spawning Armok's Incarnate.

First she was trying to screw the Philosopher, then the Duke...

Maybe she should just go for one of the other older members of her government closer her age... Stick all suitors and her in a 1x1 meeting room in an isolated floor of the fort and hope one of them gets her preganant?

If the migrant-wave theory is true, this might make it worst, since all Urist-era dwarves are already dead.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1304 on: November 20, 2009, 03:52:07 am »

Does Dwarf Foreman/Companion/Manager allow you to edit dwarven relationships?  Im not home tonight so I cant check right now.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 164