Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777703 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Über update! "Danke, Dummkopfs!"
« Reply #5880 on: June 24, 2011, 03:10:32 pm »

What are the hats for? Just cool looks?

Also you were talking about a sword and a shield... Are these special items with special effects which you get only when you are premium?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: June 24, 2011, 03:13:42 pm »

Also you were talking about a sword and a shield... Are these special items with special effects which you get only when you are premium?

The opposite, actually. The only reason to upgrade is if you want to wear the stupid hats. Free-to-players can still get the weapon drops.

Hell, they're more likely too, what with no hats to swing the RNG to giving them something useless.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 24, 2011, 03:16:47 pm »

I believe only Premium players have access to hats. And yeah, they have no impact on gameplay. It's just cool to wear a purple pirate hat into battle.

All the weapons, however, are dropped randomly or gained through achievements whether or not you're a Free player. Some drastically alter playstyle, like the Demo's swords and shields, which let you charge and decapitate people at the cost of your stickybombs. Most of the premium players have a lot of weapons already, so it'll take a while for the free players to catch up.

Ninja'd but whatever.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: June 24, 2011, 03:20:11 pm »

wait so I bought this game 3 months ago and now it's bloody free?  So what do I get for paying the SoB's down at TF2 corp... do free players not get weapon drops or something now?
Nom nom nom

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 24, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »

Man, the two posts directly before yours explain the difference between free and premium. Also, premium players get a really ugly free hat.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 24, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

Spoiler: Meet the Medic spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dude, for months they already had pigeons bursting out of the Scout's gibs on death. This just explains that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 24, 2011, 04:12:11 pm »

The game isn't too terribly unbalanced without premium items.  Even the default gear is useful enough for most people, and the achievement weapons you get are mostly good (Except Natascha.  Natascha is lame)

Shoes...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #5887 on: June 24, 2011, 04:21:11 pm »

Back to the update itself, I feel really happy that they've shown secondary weapons some love. Before this update, the only true secondary "weapons" were the Flare Gun, the Scottish Resistance and possibly the Wrangler. Now we're getting some shotguns and pistols, so everything is Ok.

In other news, has anyone been on a Balloon Race? If you haven't, think two blimps-one red, one blue-powered by players standing at the wheel. You ned to get to a Control Point and cap it to get to the next point and cause your opponents delays etc. First balloon to make the lap wins. I find it amusing just as a Brass Beast Heavy just standing by the wheel going ratatatatata and scoring bucketloads of assists. Even funnier when some guy got the soldier to say (using voice) "THIS IS MY FRILLY TRAINING BRA. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN MY FRILLY TRAINING BRA." and the Scout going on about Pancakes. Hilarious.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 24, 2011, 04:42:57 pm »

Well, it looks like I can still hold my own on the DFC server. In other news, does anyone want a vintage chargin' targe? I have three. So, two up for trade.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 24, 2011, 04:52:17 pm »

Well, it looks like I can still hold my own on the DFC server. In other news, does anyone want a vintage chargin' targe? I have three. So, two up for trade.
Vintage weapons are worth twice the amount of a normal weapon, so that totals up to one scrap metal :P Now if it was a numbered on that was either 0 or 100 then it would be worth alot.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: June 24, 2011, 04:57:20 pm »

I got a bunch of numbered 90 and 80 stuff like the heavy shotgun, the sniper rifle, the heavy fists, some other thing I don't remember. Keepin' them 'till the end of time because screw rare trading.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:38 pm »

So let me get this straight, the people who bought the game get to use hats...and that's it? 

I absolutely despised the whole concept of the hats.  I have worn Bills hat on occasion because I like the minimalist style, but most of the time I'm wearing the default hat.  So all I get for being a longtime customer is a feature I don't use?   There has to be something more than that.

(P.S. Yes I loved the game before the hats, and before there was umteen million unlockable weapons.  I haven't been playing much lately, not hard to find out why.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:00:27 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 24, 2011, 05:02:57 pm »

OH GOD

MEET THE SANDVICH WAS FROM THE BLU SPY'S PERSPECTIVE!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5893 on: June 24, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »

So let me get this straight, the people who bought the game get to use hats...and that's it? 

I absolutely despised the whole concept of the hats.  I have worn Bills hat on occasion because I like the minimalist style, but most of the time I'm wearing the default hat.  So all I get for being a longtime customer is a feature I don't use?   There has to be something more than that.

(P.S. Yes I loved the game before the hats, and before there was umteen million unlockable weapons.  I haven't been playing much lately, not hard to find out why.)

So you're upset... because you didn't get anything for free for the game you don't play anymore?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5894 on: June 24, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »

OH GOD

MEET THE SANDVICH WAS FROM THE BLU SPY'S PERSPECTIVE!

Oh my god.
Oh
My god
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 774