Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781464 times)

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Goes Free To Play with Uber Update "Let's do dis."
« Reply #6495 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:57 pm »

Hey Bay12, I have a friend who recently picked up TF2 as a Free-To-Play game. He has no access to a steam wallet, but I have some money lying around. I tried to find some way to gift him a premium account, but while I could give him another game to increase his steam privileges, I can't seem to give him something to upgrade his tf2 account now that the game itself is free. A gift from the Mann Co store would not authenticate the account. Is there some way around this? If not, what's the cheapest, best game that I can gift him so that he can use all of the steam features if not all the TF2 ones?
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: July 09, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »

Hey Bay12, I have a friend who recently picked up TF2 as a Free-To-Play game. He has no access to a steam wallet, but I have some money lying around. I tried to find some way to gift him a premium account, but while I could give him another game to increase his steam privileges, I can't seem to give him something to upgrade his tf2 account now that the game itself is free. A gift from the Mann Co store would not authenticate the account. Is there some way around this? If not, what's the cheapest, best game that I can gift him so that he can use all of the steam features if not all the TF2 ones?
You could gift him one of the games from the Penny Arcade Adventures series, the first one is $1.20.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: July 09, 2011, 11:14:36 pm »

One other important distinction: He's using a mac. That rules out like 75% of all the games on the market.

EDIT: Actually, would buying him the whole Orange Box not only give him all the other games, but also upgrade his TF2? Hrmmm..... I might have to send an email to customer support about that. It's a bit vague at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:17:09 pm by mr. macduggan »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:05 pm »

I'd say just transfer 5 dollars (The minimum) into his steam wallet by going to the shop in TF2 and clicking checkout. Then he can get a couple keys in TF2, which gives the premium DLC for TF2, which should give him a full account.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »

Yeah, maybe I'll just do that. It's a bit of a pain, because I don't actually have a credit card of my own, being 16 and all... I would have to pay someone who does have access in cash for the transaction, which is not exactly something I want to do very often. I sent a message to steam support, and we'll see whether getting the Orange Box is a good idea. I mean, you can't go wrong with gifting Portal and Half-Life 2 and the episodes. It's just that the premium accounts cost so little and if there was the infrastructure to do what I want, I would be happier just buying one thing with the meager $25 in my account.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: July 09, 2011, 11:41:18 pm »

Ah. Well, Both Osmos and VVVVVV are wondeful games and both are at 2.50 right now. Osmos is a game where you're a circle and you eat smaller circles by shooting little jets of yourself to propel yourself towards them, and is an excellent relaxing tool. VVVVVV (Count em, 6 Vs.) is a cute little platformer with funky physics. There's a demo lying around somewhere if you want to try it.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: July 09, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »

Ok, well I bought him just HL2. It's only 6.50 and the value for the money is excellent. He'll be able to use all of the steam account stuff now just fine; gifting allows you to send messages/access steam features that you don't get as a F2Player.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: July 10, 2011, 03:15:51 am »

I now have three summer coolers. Anyone need them/want them?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: July 10, 2011, 03:41:05 am »

Just how much have you been playing, haha?

I play from time to time, and almost nothing drops. Sure as hell not a summer cooler. Which I wouldn't buy a key to open anyways. So that would be a waste of time. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: July 10, 2011, 03:59:33 am »

Yeah. It's actually annoying, I'd rather get another weapon I already have than a summer crate.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: July 10, 2011, 04:44:10 am »

Yeah. It's actually annoying, I'd rather get another weapon I already have than a summer crate.

Crates are on a different drop clock than other items, so it's not like you're getting a crate instead of anything, it's just a crate.

I decided to open a summer cooler and got the item I wanted the least. Lesson learned : never open crates.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: July 10, 2011, 04:51:20 am »

I've opened 4 coolers now. And the horrible thing?

I'm about to open one more.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: July 10, 2011, 04:55:09 am »

If you want to open three more, just ask on the DFC group chat.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: July 10, 2011, 04:58:42 am »

HAHA! I just got the Jaw. I can now die happy!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:07 am »

That's the only one I'd want  :P
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 774