Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781258 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! "I have manslaughtered 1,593 physicians"
« Reply #7425 on: November 13, 2011, 12:22:53 am »

I find scouts become less and less of a problem the more people are in the server, 1v1, scout is a beast, 12v12 and you have to be a damn good scout not to catch any of the 12000 random shots pinging about, that said, pretty much all the classes are combat viable if used right, rolling a +ve kpd as med isnt that odd if you are rolling the stone bust (see enemy health) and have decent needle accuracy.

In terms of finding servers, go browse servers, set ping to <100/<50, pick a map you want with the player count you want and go.  Ive seen 3 hackers in my 1500 hours of tf2, so that shouldnt be a huge problem, some servers have the stuff like donators getting cheats, or dick admins, but its the easiest thing in the world to just change server.

In terms of servers with communities, clan servers (noobs are probably gonna get smashed though) and custom map servers usually have a fair amount of regulars.  Setting up a pubs vs pros game can be a great intro to comp as well
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: November 13, 2011, 01:32:30 am »

Ugh, i'm actually better out in the open as a scout than against one person. Especially if its another scout, I just can't ever win Scout vs. Scout fights.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: November 13, 2011, 02:11:29 am »

As for the servers I just mean has people because I kept choosing servers and it was either a bot fest or just mean.

Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot servers that fill up with bots. The Skial servers appear to automatically generate bots until they're 23/24 full, removing them as people join. So you think you're joining a full server, and when you get there it's 3 players and a bunch of braindead bots running in circles in spawn. So blacklisted.

My Sniper build is Machina, Danger Shield and that one Saharan knife.

I think I've said this before but Huntsman + Jarate (and usually Bushwacka) is the only way I can play Sniper. Aggro Frontlines Sniper is so much less boring that sitting in a corner with a rifle.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7428 on: November 13, 2011, 02:58:32 am »

I was going to go and take all of your tips but then while scanning the server list a few hours ago found convoy and remembered that was the map with the giant moving vehicles and that was a few hours ago. Great fun and all that though definitely not something I want to do all the time.

As for the bot servers, I have been able to avoid them after the first few by just not going to any server where its full except for one slot. Most real servers tend not to get to 23/24 as they either are full or somewhere around ~20.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: November 13, 2011, 05:08:52 am »

So I started making a serious attempt at using the DR today. The infamous Enforcer + DR + YER combo is definitely very powerful, but I found myself instinctively dropping disguises (I like to spycap), at which point I obviously couldn't get them back. It's also surprisingly difficult to get into an engie nest: Unless you can catch somebody out in the open and slip in, your only real option is to hope that he's positioned badly and try to use his dispenser for cover or something after DRing. Eventually I switched to Enforcer + DR + BE, which was frankly bloody fantastic. DR past the front lines, grab a small ammo box, stab a guy, and if you're spotted you can DR again right there. I had 2/1 k/d (good for me) and 300-odd points when the enemy team got three paranoid medics which made the approach far more difficult.

Also, hilariously bad player of the day: The demo who spent an hour on Upward using the sticky launcher like a regular sticky. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw he'd set a trap for RED during setup.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:48 am »

So I started making a serious attempt at using the DR today. The infamous Enforcer + DR + YER combo is definitely very powerful, but I found myself instinctively dropping disguises (I like to spycap), at which point I obviously couldn't get them back. It's also surprisingly difficult to get into an engie nest: Unless you can catch somebody out in the open and slip in, your only real option is to hope that he's positioned badly and try to use his dispenser for cover or something after DRing. Eventually I switched to Enforcer + DR + BE, which was frankly bloody fantastic. DR past the front lines, grab a small ammo box, stab a guy, and if you're spotted you can DR again right there. I had 2/1 k/d (good for me) and 300-odd points when the enemy team got three paranoid medics which made the approach far more difficult.

Also, hilariously bad player of the day: The demo who spent an hour on Upward using the sticky launcher like a regular sticky. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw he'd set a trap for RED during setup.

Once you go Enforcer, it's hard to go back to any other revolver. I can still switch between the DR and the CaD, or switch between the different knives, but I always, ALWAYS find myself wishing for the Enforcer if I try switching to another revolver. 2 shots to take down an engineer means you don't even need to wait for him to turn his back on you before decide to sap his stuff.  Also, the Enforcer + DR means you can quite often take out a pyro and survive even after he's put the flames to you.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

Wondering if anyone is up for a game right now?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

I am, but it appears that my awesome demoknight skills has driven the other two people on the server away. Sorry about that.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: November 13, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

I am, but it appears that my awesome demoknight skills has driven the other two people on the server away. Sorry about that.
I was against one guy at one point and killed him with my awesome scout powahs(he was actually pretty bad).

Cant play right now. Sorry for the call out.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: November 13, 2011, 06:30:30 pm »

I like playing the Arabian Set for the Spy, being Silent as I come out of DR cloak... I have gotten it down to a fine point that the only things that really kill me now are Sentries when I am trying to get close and Pyros... Nothing else really kills me...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7435 on: November 13, 2011, 07:08:43 pm »

I was just on for a second. It was only me and someone else on a king of the hill type map and the other guy left after I killed him as a scout to his heavy. Left after I completed the round. If anyone else happens to go on sometime later tonight I might join in and will be checking if anyone is in the server from time to time.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: November 13, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »

I was just on for a second. It was only me and someone else on a king of the hill type map and the other guy left after I killed him as a scout to his heavy. Left after I completed the round. If anyone else happens to go on sometime later tonight I might join in and will be checking if anyone is in the server from time to time.

I play nightly. My nick is MisterWigggles666
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7437 on: November 13, 2011, 09:21:29 pm »

When I want to play I tend to check the DF server first and sometimes even if there is no people I hop on and if there is people, well much the better!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:10 pm »

When I want to play I tend to check the DF server first and sometimes even if there is no people I hop on and if there is people, well much the better!

I've never been on the DF Server. Its always empty. But I'd be willing to go 1v1 with ya for a bit. Send me an invite to the game.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7439 on: November 13, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »

Today I got the first Scout milestone and received the FaN...   ironically this finishes off my collection of Scout main weapon. Yes the last one I get is the easiest to acquire. Not, mind you, that I am complaining or anything.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:02:36 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 774