Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781150 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine! Co-op mode! "Now we fight robots"
« Reply #9435 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »

That's actually related to my main question: has anyone seen how MvM plays with fewer than 6 players? I'd like to play on LAN with friends, but I don't have 5 other people I can trick into playing TF2, so it's likely we'd end up with 4 or 5 players total.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: August 16, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

That's actually related to my main question: has anyone seen how MvM plays with fewer than 6 players? I'd like to play on LAN with friends, but I don't have 5 other people I can trick into playing TF2, so it's likely we'd end up with 4 or 5 players total.

Playing last night, one player dropped out halfway through our last map. Some of the later waves get really tough if you're short a player because you just can't DPS fast enough (TWO tanks? What is this madness?). We beat the round, but had to retry one wave 2 or 3 times. Also I was already playing useless spy that map, so it was almost like being short 2 players :p

EDIT: Wait, that's not right. The only reason we won is that the game bugged out and kept the wave going after the bomb had detonated, with the giant smoking crater just chillin out. Confusion and hilarity ensued.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:00:36 pm by kinseti »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:28 pm »

I like MvM way more than I have ever liked regular TF2. I've never been much of a fan of competetive FPS in general though.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: August 16, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »

And I am currently discovering just how fun the Baby Face's Blaster is. Zoom zoom zoom. Feels really bad at first but once you get going you are practically this unkillable guerilla warfare machine of doom. Why, yes, I doubled my points record as Scout today, even though five to ten is not much of an achievement. Another thing I am really enjoying about the weapon is the fact that it has a clip of six, which all other Scout weapons with the exception of stock don't have. When playing Gunslinger Engineer I refuse to touch the Frontier Justice because it only has a clip of three and that's just not enough so often. Also, while revenge crits are a good idea in theory usually my sentry either doesn't get any points, dies shortly after me or there's nobody in range to give a good ol' critical buckshot, or you just get so many revenge crits that you never can use them all.

Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol is pretty crap though, and you need one of the melee weapons that actually does damage with this setup. So many opportunities to just waltz right over and bat people to death. So I am basically thinking BFB, stock pistol/mad milk, stock bat/candy cane.

And I guess I can never go back to playing regular scout, too, he'd just feel so sluggish...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: August 16, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »

And I guess I can never go back to playing regular scout, too, he'd just feel so sluggish...
The upside is that if you play regular, then you will likely be very accurate and have good reflexes in comparison to the speed.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #9440 on: August 16, 2012, 03:49:53 pm »

They *should* be able to temporally provision servers from a cloud services provider.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: August 16, 2012, 04:03:49 pm »

Tried to play, pressed "start search" nothing happens.
Is it fun guys? :'(
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: August 16, 2012, 04:31:22 pm »

Heh, I've been starting my own server just to try it out. It turns out, its impossible with only one person.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: August 16, 2012, 04:37:42 pm »

Core need for MvM.
Heavy + Medic + Scout + Engie
Heavy needs to get the Projectile rebound thing.
Medic needs for Heals and Uber and canteen sharing.
Scout needs for Collecting Cash, lots and lots of cash. Getting the Bonus for getting all the cash is game changing.
Engie needs for Sentry/Dispensers.
Last 2 can be Demo and Soldier for best use. Demo for Sticky Traps and Soldier for Buff Banners...

Annoyingly, Valve gave away best Combo in their Vid...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: August 16, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »

It's fun, but wait times are 15 minutes at minimum.(When steam is depopulated) They go up from their to 30 minutes and more

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

You have not lived until you get full health regen, run speed, and jump boost as a scout.

You have not lived.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:15 pm »

It's fun, but wait times are 15 minutes at minimum.(When steam is depopulated) They go up from their to 30 minutes and more
I've tried playing both competitive and MvM, but MvM has been saying wait times of 50 minutes and up, and normal has been loading up until about 4 bars from the last dot on 'loading...' and doesn't budge. It sucks, so I'll give tf2 a little wait before trying again.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #9447 on: August 16, 2012, 08:01:46 pm »

Classic MMO group formula; tank and healer then 2-3 DPS and 1-2 utility.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »

I've tried playing both competitive and MvM, but MvM has been saying wait times of 50 minutes and up, and normal has been loading up until about 4 bars from the last dot on 'loading...' and doesn't budge. It sucks, so I'll give tf2 a little wait before trying again.

If you're having troubles with the searching feature, just look for MVM maps through the server list. Literally cuts the waiting time down to minutes, though the only thing harder than finding a server with less than six people in it is finding one with good ping...

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: August 16, 2012, 10:45:45 pm »

Core need for MvM.
Heavy + Medic + Scout + Engie
Heavy needs to get the Projectile rebound thing.
Medic needs for Heals and Uber and canteen sharing.
Scout needs for Collecting Cash, lots and lots of cash. Getting the Bonus for getting all the cash is game changing.
Engie needs for Sentry/Dispensers.
Last 2 can be Demo and Soldier for best use. Demo for Sticky Traps and Soldier for Buff Banners...

Annoyingly, Valve gave away best Combo in their Vid...

Actually 4 medics 2 pyros.

You aren't going try-hard enough.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 774