Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781673 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

I got accused of hacking for the first time today!  As a demoknight of all things.  Apparently an enemy pyro didn't understand that the eyelander and booties gave me a health and speed boost that let me get away from him and then kill him a few times :P.
Have you had your sexuality questioned yet?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Add me to come Pubstomping! Name is Werty, I'll also throw a shout in the DF Steam Group

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got accused of hacking for the first time today!  As a demoknight of all things.  Apparently an enemy pyro didn't understand that the eyelander and booties gave me a health and speed boost that let me get away from him and then kill him a few times :P.

This is how you know that you played right.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I think the first (and only) time I was accused of hacking was when I was wrecking with the loch-n-load (out of practice now. Not like I was so great, this particular round was just a fluke). Mostly ones where I'd fire and someone would come round a corner into the pipe and get blowed up. Luck is basically the same thing as hacks.

Though I personally don't have a huge problem with hackers. The greater portion of my beef is with players who deliberately go on servers to play against people way below their skill level. Because I am pretty shit and it annoys me when someone is just ruining it for everyone else to feel good. Especially when it's snipers, because they don't exactly have a counter.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I think the first (and only) time I was accused of hacking was when I was wrecking with the loch-n-load (out of practice now. Not like I was so great, this particular round was just a fluke). Mostly ones where I'd fire and someone would come round a corner into the pipe and get blowed up. Luck is basically the same thing as hacks.

Though I personally don't have a huge problem with hackers. The greater portion of my beef is with players who deliberately go on servers to play against people way below their skill level. Because I am pretty shit and it annoys me when someone is just ruining it for everyone else to feel good. Especially when it's snipers, because they don't exactly have a counter.
Snipers have plenty of counters. Spies, scouts, demomen are just a few obvious ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I once encountered an aimbotter on Cactus Canyon.

Problem is, their aimbot didn't track disguised spies. Or help with their SMG. Or Kukri.

So I disguised as a spy and went about seeking this guy out.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Problem is, their aimbot didn't track disguised spies. Or help with their SMG. Or Kukri.

So I disguised as a spy and went about seeking this guy out.
My only encounter with a hacker was a sniper aimbot too, only this one could headshot invisible and disguised spies instantly. Completely ruined the game for me, because it was practically impossible for my team to come out the doors.
That is why we have the Fists of Steel.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

There's a good possibility they were just an insane sniper then.

If you really want to know, spectate them in first person.  That makes it REALLY obvious when someone is aimbotting.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you really want to know, spectate them in first person.  That makes it REALLY obvious when someone is aimbotting.

Does it count as aimbotting when I could reliably walk out of a door and get head shot?

Though you could be right :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I'd try using Bonk!, see if the bot's smart enough to not aim at you. Alternatively clever demoman shots could hit them without exposing your head, and obviously there's also ubercharges and the vaccinator to consider.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happened a few nights ago. Can't try that as of now, though I could probably try later :3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You actually can't jump into spectator anymore. In the latest updates they changed it so you can't void the purpose of team scrambles by just jumping back onto the team with all your buddies to stomp all the nubs.

Can't even circumvent it by disconnecting & rejoining.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I enjoy pubstomping tbh. And it's hard to find completely shit servers, because there's always other people that just want to shrek some nubs.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

I enjoy pubstomping tbh. And it's hard to find completely shit servers, because there's always other people that just want to shrek some nubs.
Just do a search for servers that have minecraft maps: I guarantee you that most of those will have noobs.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Just do a search for servers that have minecraft maps: I guarantee you that most of those will have noobs.
Well yeah but most of them will be trade servers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 774