Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781834 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most importantly, is there a kill icon for getting a shove kill yet?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Remember, kids. Pyro loves you. #TeamPyro
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

mmph!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Please tell me everything about Scout's new airblast. That seems like the dark horse change that will have an unexpectedly huge impact on the game.
The Shortstop now has an alt-fire 'shove' that deals a single point of damage and knocks the opponent back. Unlike the Pyro's airblast, it can't reflect projectiles and has a much shorter range.
Scout confirmed stole Lucio's boop gun.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile

Please tell me everything about Scout's new airblast. That seems like the dark horse change that will have an unexpectedly huge impact on the game.
The Shortstop now has an alt-fire 'shove' that deals a single point of damage and knocks the opponent back. Unlike the Pyro's airblast, it can't reflect projectiles and has a much shorter range.
Scout confirmed stole Lucio's boop gun.

Except the shortstop is even worse than the boop gun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

shortstop still op
Except the shortstop is even worse than the boop gun.
well which one is it punks
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

shortstop still op was me mistyping something, but there's plenty of bs weapons in the game that valve hasnt made any more reasonable for literal years, including beggars, reserve shitter shooter, soda popper, etc

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shortstop is great, just gotta get great aim.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Oh boy I'm going to rank up in competi

oh wait someone left the match
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

Oh boy I'm going to rank up in competi

oh wait someone left the match

So far that's been my experience.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess you can't even punish people hard enough for quitting?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the idea is that the system will stabilize with the mid+ ranks containing people who almost never leave, but for now while pretty much everyone is in the low ranks (and people who aren't going to play competitive in the future are trying it out), the system doesn't work. The penalty for leaving multiple times also seems pretty severe (more so than overwatch's), so I don't think it'll have the effect of people disconnecting to avoid losing.

I've realized how lucky I got for the first ~5 matches, and now I think queuing solo is a mistake, at least for now. I think a minimum party of 3 good players is almost mandatory if trying to avoid the really horrible matches where the loss is obvious 10 seconds in when nobody finds mid.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, played a few matches and reaction was everyone quitting when the match wasn't going their way, which seems to work as a feedback loop to only have stomps all the time, as people leave until they end up on the clearly winning team. Nooot fun, and can't shuffle teams when you get roflstomped. Also, no way anyone can get a cross-team conga line going again.

This is very un-Valvelike. They usually set the trail, not just copy their competition. And their usually incredibly strong vision seems to have severely faltered for TF2 now.

They did update the blog about Casual Mode, but they don't acknowledge my problem, which is that I really don't think TF2 should only be competitive.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:48:08 pm by LASD »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

As far as I can tell, the original people who built up TF2 have been replaced by devs experienced working on DOTA 2 and CS:GO.  Their design philosophy recently is far less TF2, far more those other games.  Like that thing with the flamethrower reducing medic healing, that sounds like something a DOTA ability would have.  Its too complicated for a TF2 weapon, especially a stock one.  The original philosophy of TF2 was making a game that was understandable at every level of play.

Spoiler: side note (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This image has been my TF2 experience for the last couple of days. It took me five minutes of queuing to get into a game, and when I finally did, Sparkles and his band of merry hackers were Lmaoboxing the entire place up. It's hard to do anything against a spinbotting sniper. Can't votekick them, can't leave without being penalised for it.

Moreover, there are precisely TWO populated servers in Australia that aren't trade/achievement/idiocy servers. One, Hitler's Jewfort, is a hopelessly edgy 32 player instaspawn 2fort, that more often than not is laggy. The other, UGC Gaming, has video advertisements, and is... 24/7 2fort instaspawn.

Fuck that noise.
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 774