Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2130654 times)

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #7110 on: October 15, 2012, 07:45:34 pm »

I saved the fort with a single dwarf.

That's why I never quit until the only dwarves left are insane. Or children, because really, who wants to run the game for seven years while that kid grows up.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Voyd211

• Bay Watcher
  • I am and I am not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:49 am »

A whole gang of miners getting horribly slaughtered by a single giant toad. The guy even got a name, although I didn't care enough to remember it.

I then threw a random military together and they did a lovely impersonation of an anatomy class.
Apparently, I am the first person to ever say "Screw You in All Your Finery."

!!SCIENCE!! team has vapor for brains.

Jase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: October 16, 2012, 11:06:04 am »

It is spring again and those nearly useless elf caravan is visiting me again. Their diplomat went to my Mayor for the usual buisness. They keep chatting, finishing the import agreement and then i got to see the export agreement. The most "needed" item was: Wooden Figurines. Elves. Face Palm.

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: October 16, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »

It is spring again and those nearly useless elf caravan is visiting me again. Their diplomat went to my Mayor for the usual buisness. They keep chatting, finishing the import agreement and then i got to see the export agreement. The most "needed" item was: Wooden Figurines. Elves. Face Palm.

You actually get an elf diplomat? Weeeeird, haven't seen those in a long time.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: October 16, 2012, 12:16:56 pm »

They are surely trying to trick you into war.
Although it's a little bit obvious...
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Jase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: October 16, 2012, 01:02:35 pm »

It could be, that it was a liasion, actually I know this guy only as "Useless Elf, which only purpose is, that I can order wood from him"

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:58 pm »

Okay.....I just got dwarf fortress.....needles to say things didn't go well.after a goblin siege a child's parents were killed.the CHILD threw a tantrum and began slaughtering my dwarfs in there sleep! My stinking champion wrestler tried to fight it but at that moment a cave in happened while the child miraculously escaped.........the other dwarves became melancholy, about 5 left.they died.the child was left.he all of a sudden got depressed BECAUSE ALL HIS FRIENDS WERE DEAD! He then proceeded to jump into my carp infested moat........lot of blood.........and so ended scalyorb of demons!
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: October 16, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

You actually get an elf diplomat? Weeeeird, haven't seen those in a long time.

The prices agreed upon in import and export agreements apply to both sales and purchases.  He might have been trying to sell you a load of elven wood figurines.

Until figurines have a use, I don't think anyone would buy the blighted things.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: October 17, 2012, 11:23:35 am »

i was playing with the masterwork, and on the embark screen i saw a Tower.
for some reason i thought it was a automaton tower, the resident necromancer quickly corrected me.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:59 pm »

Oh Masterwork.
How brutal it is when you're reminded of the warlocks' existence when you realized the goddamn forest is on fire after the last siege.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

thefish1992

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: October 17, 2012, 05:24:50 pm »

warlocks? hell the damn merchants worry me the most, every time they come, they light the outside on fire, Fire bombing my trade depot, and the elves with their damn mutant fea dogs, and they yell at me for destroying the forest. in all honesty those necros zombie hoards just ended up being turn into soap, had a lovely fragrance.
Dwarven science. A logical solution, to a illogical problem.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: October 17, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »

This... ugh, just after I dug it out :'(
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: October 17, 2012, 09:20:13 pm »

But imagine how awesome that rubik's cube is.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: October 17, 2012, 09:48:02 pm »

But imagine how awesome that rubik's cube is.
Meanwhile, we're soon going to see the first ever natural death of a artifact: Death by frustration.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: October 18, 2012, 02:17:46 am »

Note to self- make sure terrifying biome has zombies before sacrificing favourite dorf to make sure no zombies get in -_-.
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 729