Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2131036 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #9135 on: February 08, 2015, 08:31:32 am »

A dwarf about channel out the very last bearing floor of the two tiles he is standing on. Over a pit which at this point was 5 Z-levels down to the bottom.

Which race do you have in mind when you say ETHNIC:NO_FUN:EXILE? Recreating the Trail of Tears or anything similar will create quite a ruckus among the politically correct members of this forum.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: February 08, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

I'm in the process of trying to make some soap and set up a hospital, in the meanwhile, I had an injured dorf with the inability to stand that was stuck in a hallway, being brought food and water when he got hungry or thirsty, but no one would move him. He eventually got tired of this $#!+ and went berzerk.

Turns out going berzerk cures the inability to stand.

His rampage was cut short, however, when he decided to head away from the main living area and into the trapped goblin-entrance, walking right into a cage trap. So I now have a miraculously-cured-of-crippling-injuries-but-batshit-crazy dwarf in a cage.

Edit to add: ...and someone just brought him food, so despite being berzerk, he's still eating.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:54:31 pm by MobRules »
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: February 08, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

Stupidest fortress failure:
* Don't bring any drink, because humans can drink water without bad thoughts (All Races Playable mod).
* Everybody dehydrates to death just before breaching cavern with lakes in it.

No, wait, stupidest fortress failure:
* Still don't bring any drink, because humans can drink water without bad thoughts (All Races Playable mod).
* Breach cavern with lakes in it just in time. Build up/down stairway down to the top of the lake.
* Giant toad knocks all seven dwarves into the water where they all drown.
* Still blinking blue 'thirsty!' warning signs right up until they die.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: February 08, 2015, 05:09:06 pm »

* Don't bring any drink, because humans can drink water without bad thoughts (All Races Playable mod).

* Still don't bring any drink, because humans can drink water without bad thoughts (All Races Playable mod).
* Breach cavern with lakes in it just in time. Build up/down stairway down to the top of the lake.
So when you push humans down the stairs they will turn into thirsty dwarves and drown? Interesting.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: February 08, 2015, 05:13:41 pm »

I think they mean that they forgot they were playing dwarves.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: February 08, 2015, 05:18:23 pm »

I think they mean that they forgot they were playing dwarves.
Yep.

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: February 09, 2015, 01:48:56 am »

So when you push humans down the stairs they will turn into thirsty dwarves and drown? Interesting.

oh well, my dorfs never have drink. all of them have to gather plants first, and i start brew after a year, mostly no one gets mad.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:11 pm »

In a "Whoops! Flooding" situation.
* Frantically order a dwarf to mine to the edge of the map.
* Get him to smooth an edge tile.
* Order him to carve fortifications.

Last message he saw:
"~ cancels carve fortifications: Dangerous terrain."

D'OH!

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: February 09, 2015, 04:16:12 pm »

>Start up new fort named Nutsdangled
>The 7 dwarves now live in a zombie infested, thrall-cloud area.
>Find a way to get only one dwarf working, rest of them are military and trained.
>SKIP TO MIGRATION WAVE
>Dwarves live in a wooden fort/tower, top of tower consists of the residential, the food storage below them.
>ZOMBIE ATTACK OF NECROMANCER INCOMING.
>80 Fucking Goblin Zombies... 80.
>My 10 dwarves stand next to kegs saying, "Come at me, bruhs."
>During the charge, the necromancers have gotten to my refuse pile; All the skeletons of the past dead are now in the army.
>During all of this, my dwarves sit as Proficient in every skill they trained in, yet I realize that none are shooting from the gate...
>>The dwarves never equipped their metal ammo...
>>>THE DWARVES NEVER EQUIPPED FOR BATTLE, WHAT THE SHIT GUYS!?
>>>>The dwarves didn't even have crossbows for some reason, they had blowdarts! HOW!?
>>>>>Urist McDumbfuck charges in and gets instant killed, and instant zombified.
>>>>>>Cog McDumberfuck decided that he would jump off the steep pit into my upright spikes below.
>>>>>>>The other 8 just run into the main hall, and try to lock it, but the zombies find a way around the long way, due to me forgetting to lock off the roof of my farms where a tree caved in the dirt roof...
>Zombies jump in and wreck their shit, and I sit here wondering why it hasn't instantly been lost...
>Baby Cog is wandering the woods... until the horde of zombies chase him down.
>Baby follows the lemmings off the cliff.
>I am greeted to the loss screen.
>>The baby traveled a 6x6 region map distance to jump off a cliff at the end.
>>>What is life.
Flaming Baby Catapult

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: February 09, 2015, 04:27:57 pm »

>>>What is life.
Life is apparently quite a FUN.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: February 09, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: February 09, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »

I'm sure there's some sort of wise analogy about the cruelties of life, expressed through babies somehow being depressed enough to end their miserable life.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

I'm in the process of trying to make some soap and set up a hospital, in the meanwhile, I had an injured dorf with the inability to stand that was stuck in a hallway, being brought food and water when he got hungry or thirsty, but no one would move him. He eventually got tired of this $#!+ and went berzerk.

Turns out going berzerk cures the inability to stand.

His rampage was cut short, however, when he decided to head away from the main living area and into the trapped goblin-entrance, walking right into a cage trap. So I now have a miraculously-cured-of-crippling-injuries-but-batshit-crazy dwarf in a cage.

Edit to add: ...and someone just brought him food, so despite being berzerk, he's still eating.

I don't think he'd be cured of injuries, he's probably just angry enough to drag himself along with his arms.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:09 am »

It probably does cure it, might be wnated (like with were-creatures) or a bug. Have you checked mantis?
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

DubDub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: February 11, 2015, 07:53:11 pm »

Just...

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 729