Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 275130 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1770 on: September 22, 2011, 06:55:56 pm »

Magellan, I seem to remember you fixing cave entrances jumping everywhere.

But just now, I found out that mine disappeared when I went into a cave! And even worse, it was on an airless world!

Well, at least I had a save I could savescum from.

Only problem is it's before I got the wonderful Teleporter! Argh!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

I've played a bit of Stellar Edge, and dude! Prospector DEFINITELY needs more RP elements for its crew.

The exploration and alien elements are awesome, but I miss SEdge's leveling system. It's really nice :D.

High-five, fellow only commenter at the stellar edge site :P Sadly it sounds like the guy is putting this game on the backburner, in favor of..a Western Roguelike, which I approve of quite a lot really.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:22 am »

I'll be trying it out.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 02, 2011, 05:54:34 am »

Bug. Nowadays when I go to a space station and there is a cargo inspection, the game crashes. The error log says:

0.2.3 Error #6 in  466:LEVELUP crew.bas

Yes, three times, nothing else. I can continue the game from there, but it has deducted the crew salaries once already and sometimes it takes several times to dock to the station without it crashing.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 02, 2011, 09:19:04 am »

Bug. Nowadays when I go to a space station and there is a cargo inspection, the game crashes. The error log says:

Yes, three times, nothing else. I can continue the game from there, but it has deducted the crew salaries once already and sometimes it takes several times to dock to the station without it crashing.

This.

Played through about three games with it. My alien scoutship, and both my battleships succumbed to negative crew wages combined with no fuel :(

A fix would be awesome :)
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 04, 2011, 02:43:59 am »

I have just started ( literally just 30 minutes ago ) and it's awesome.  I saw the new LP by Jefmajor on Youtube, and I've been having a lot of fun.  I just use scout ships, stuff like that.  My first run, I land on a planet filled with aggressive toads and some weird guys who think their the god, "Apollo".  I am sure that's a Star Trek reference, I remember reading about an episode with the actual Greek God in it. 

Some questions:

How do I talk to sentient indigenous species?

How do I check my crew without going to a space station?

For security, I got a few guards, when I buy ( crappy ) weapons, do they automatically head to the grunts?

Please give me any other advice, for a newb in this awesome pseudo-Star Trek simulator. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 04, 2011, 02:57:11 am »

How do I talk to sentient indigenous species?
Can't remember the exact key, but I think it's c and then the direction of the creature. Check the keybindings (hit the ? key and then k) to be sure.

How do I check my crew without going to a space station?
A and @ (shift+2).

For security, I got a few guards, when I buy ( crappy ) weapons, do they automatically head to the grunts?
No, I believe the weapons are assigned from the strongest up top to the weakest on the bottom of the A screen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 04, 2011, 03:51:29 am »

I need to stop taking so many risks, I always end up killing my crew trying to map out a planet covered in acid. As the Nethackians would say, YASD.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 04, 2011, 06:00:28 am »

I need to stop taking so many risks, I always end up killing my crew trying to map out a planet covered in acid. As the Nethackians would say, YASD.

Acid Planets are often such whirlpools of despair that I just skip them even much later down the road.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 04, 2011, 06:04:07 am »

My crew just got annihilated by a robot  :( followed by  >:( followed by  :'(
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 04, 2011, 06:06:14 am »

My crew just got annihilated by a robot  :( followed by  >:( followed by  :'(

Yeah... don't even deal with robots. Just run!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 04, 2011, 06:07:47 am »

I, at first, had no idea it was a robot, I thought I could fight back, my guns weren't enough. 

So...any more tips to surviving all these crazy stuff, and on how to best make a profit?  I don't even know how to gather bio data. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 04, 2011, 06:18:23 am »

I, at first, had no idea it was a robot, I thought I could fight back, my guns weren't enough. 

So...any more tips to surviving all these crazy stuff, and on how to best make a profit?  I don't even know how to gather bio data.

"I" is to gather biodata.

There are weak and strong robots but they both share the exact same symbol/tile.

Also I don't want to spoil the challenge for you, so I won't give "Neonivek's Patented Early Game Survival Guide". What you REALLY want is a stations occasional special bonuses (for biodata, for comming back to them after a while, for amount of space looked at, planets fully explored).

Also to avoid paying salary make sure you don't dock at the ordinary stations but at those smaller stations. Also NEVER go to a spacestation when you are ill... They just kick you out and make you, essentially, pay salary twice.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 04, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

Hey, this game is shaping up great. Started playing yesterday and it's been a whole lot of fun.

Does anybody know how to become a pirate? I've shot down some alien merchants alright, but how do I reposses their cargo?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »

If I remember correctly, you only get cargo from pirating, and to take cargo, you need to kill someone carrying cargo, and you need to have cargo space yourself. Once those are set, you're good for business. Note: There are trade routes set up throughout the galaxy, once you find one, you've found the sweet spot. Until then, you'll have to just blindly fly around until you find some merchants.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if pirating was fleshed out a bit. But eh, its not the main game mode anyway.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 152