Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 301688 times)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre3 released
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2011, 06:57:35 pm »

Hi all,

A status update for you. I haven't worked on QF 2.0 much in the past several months due to work demands. I now have some more time coming up, and I should be able to wrap 2.0 and get a release candidate out soon.

Frankly I didn't think anybody really used Alt+T and aliases.txt, though I use them pretty heavily myself. I'll make sure these features are brought back into 2.0 before release (and will update the default aliases.txt to work with the latest DF version's menus).

I also have a fix in for 2.0pre's issues with transforms involving rotation not handling non-square blueprints/transform chains well. In short you can now do something like "rotcw valign=top 2e" to a non-square blueprint, controlling the horizontal/vertical alignment when non-square blueprints are repeated in some direction. I'll be posting full documentation and a short youtube tutorial on 2.0's new transformation system near release.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »

Win7 64
Is macro meant to be faster? Because "macro" execution takes forever compared to "key" with 2.00pre3 :c

The macro keystroke can be altered in either init or d_init in DF. I forget which file.

This is correct. Set [MACRO_MS:0] in init.txt to maximize QF2's macro playback speed.

By default it's set to [MACRO_MS:150] for reasons unknown.

EDIT: In .31.21 it is now set to [MACRO_MS:15] by default, which is probably still faster than QF1's keysending rate but not as fast as full speed [MACRO_MS:0]. Interesting tidbit: in earlier versions of .31.x the macro function actually suspended DF screen updates while the macro was executing -- resulting in speeds several times faster than even [MACRO_MS:0] now provides, though you didn't get to watch.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:49:25 pm by joelpt »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2011, 10:05:58 pm »

Alt+T functionality is back in my development build and now also supports multiline commands, e.g. Alt+T [dig d,d#d,d] digs a 2x2 square.

Aliases are up next, then we'll have another pre release.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »

If any of you want to try running my latest development build, you can download the source and run it:

http://code.google.com/p/quickfort/

Note you will need Python 2.6 and AutoHotKey installed to run everything. Just check out the entire source folder with hg (TortoiseHg for Windows users) and run quickfort/Quickfort.ahk or qfconvert/qfconvert.py. Since it's all scripting language based, it should not be necessary to compile anything to binary, though the make*.bat files are available to do so. I'm pretty good about only checking code into the repository when it's fully working, so running this version should be a relatively stable experience.

You're also welcome to track or submit issues here:

http://code.google.com/p/quickfort/issues/list

This is what I'm using for internal issue tracking for QF2.0.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:17:00 pm by joelpt »

Jorjon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2011, 01:59:00 am »

Hi, I made a very tiny utility to help generate the *.csv. You can get it here.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »

Hi,
as drop.io is down, do you have another repository of user blueprints?

thanks!
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2011, 01:41:22 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Tanelorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 01, 2011, 03:14:35 pm »

Does quickfort support v0.31.25? I can't get .csv files to work with the lastest DF version (either modded or vanilla)?

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2011, 08:43:01 am »

Does quickfort support v0.31.25? I can't get .csv files to work with the lastest DF version (either modded or vanilla)?
I'm running QF 2.00pre3 and 0.31.25 and it is working here. Which version of Quickfort are you using?

K.I.L.E.R

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

As a newbie I will say that this is one of the greatest and most helpful mods I have used. The mere fact that this saves me an incredible amount of key strokes, time, and wrist pain, makes this by far the most useful utility.

Thank you joelpt.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2011, 10:07:15 am »

Quickfort runs as an independent program and does not require any specific version of DF. Quickfort just presses keys on your keyboard.

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2011, 11:26:25 pm »

Lovin' QF 2 pre3 and have a question:

I've yet to mess around with a pump stack. In my current embark the lava is something like. I dunno. 50 z-levels below my fortress. Feels like forever at least. Constructing a pump stack seems to be quite a task, not to mention providing the power required for it to work.

Has anyone used Quickfort to mass-designate one? Can you even use construction commands while quickforting?

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #283 on: May 12, 2011, 12:46:08 am »

Lovin' QF 2 pre3 and have a question:

I've yet to mess around with a pump stack. In my current embark the lava is something like. I dunno. 50 z-levels below my fortress. Feels like forever at least. Constructing a pump stack seems to be quite a task, not to mention providing the power required for it to work.

Has anyone used Quickfort to mass-designate one? Can you even use construction commands while quickforting?

Check out screw-pump-tower-dig.csv and screw-pump-tower-build.csv in the Blueprints/Examples folder that comes with QF. Read the blueprints' comments carefully to understand how this works. I've built several towers using these blueprints and it works a treat. Nothing 50 z-levels deep, though!

QF works in dig, build (construction), place, and query modes, just make sure you follow QF's instructions to enter the corresponding designation mode in DF beforehand.

Doughboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2011, 03:16:09 pm »

I was making a few custom dig scripts for bed rooms and workshops and decided I wanted to make some build scripts to go along with them. I'm running in to problems though with the build scripts placing other objects than what I designated for it to place. For example; it will place a door where I had a statue designated in the excel sheet. Here is a build script for the bed room design: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/Bedrooms-1-dig.csv <---Dig http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/Bedrooms-1-build.csv <---Build

I've also noticed it will sometimes use thrones than tables. Anyone got some tips on what is causing it I'm all ears.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42