Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1226993 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #1860 on: September 10, 2011, 10:07:13 pm »

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 11, 2011, 07:29:50 am »

Image filenames are like cheat codes for .........'s work. And I'm still mostly in the dark. And there are monsters in the dark.

... I'm scared.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: September 11, 2011, 05:26:50 pm »

i dont think any of us are actually seeing his stuff correctly,that or he is using paintbrush and its hard to tell what he is even doing, besides that i haven't seen more then 4 colors at a time in any of his artwork, this is counting black and white as colors as well.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: September 11, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »

Image filenames are like cheat codes for .........'s work. And I'm still mostly in the dark. And there are monsters in the dark.

... I'm scared.

Wow, I didn't even see the dragon until I checked the file name. Then all of a sudden it became clear...and somewhat cute :3
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 11, 2011, 06:14:57 pm »

I actually saw it after about 10 seconds of looking at it. It's a rather impressive battle between a swordsman and a dragon along a coastline as waves crash against it. My impression is the swordsman's shield just deflected a fireball. Or his head just took one head on. The ambiguity there is something that I'm enjoying placing my own story behind.

I think we're all just not used to having to analyze what a piece of art in this thread is supposed to mean. I think it's a refreshing change, personally.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 11, 2011, 06:48:18 pm »

I actually saw it after about 10 seconds of looking at it.
By which I estimate that I'm decent at this interpretating task. Noticing the fireball was the first second, the dragon the second second, and the railings/fort the third second or so. The "wave" is innappropriately regular though, and took me your post to see that way. I don't think any of his works have taken me a full 10 seconds to understand, excepting of course the .gif images, but I've only been able to see two of those.
 .........'s work strikes me as messy, and I work on it mentally much like I would really bad handwriting or very young children's drawings. I can't fault his choices in what to draw though, but that might be DF talking.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 11, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »

My favourite ......... work yet! Keep it up you strange, strange man.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • not for trees
« Reply #1867 on: September 12, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

carabide

• Bay Watcher
  • Want to see my Wabbajack?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 12, 2011, 07:35:55 pm »

Holy mother of awesome, is that a lightsabre in the last one?
Diagnosis screen: Inoperable rot in the head.

Urist McPeasantDoctor: WE NEED TO AMPUTATE!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 12, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

Holy mother of awesome, is that a lightsabre in the last one?

I'm more absorbed by kung-fu flying reptilian monk, sorry.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 12, 2011, 11:49:59 pm »

Indeed. I think the sword supposed to be a katana or something similar, anyway. Or at least it's sheath.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 13, 2011, 04:16:56 am »

Indeed. I think the sword supposed to be a katana or something similar, anyway. Or at least it's sheath.

It is in its Sheath

and if I were to place that character's country of inspiration... It would be the Middle East (or somewhere close to there)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 13, 2011, 04:49:14 am »

Some more Boss-Knight, since this thread hasn't been jumping as of late.
That made me laugh. How can you have any squid eye if you don't eat your gorilla lung?!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 13, 2011, 05:28:50 am »

I think I should do one of two things:

Request a thing i heard from 'What's going on in your adventure?' - when i can find it...

and begin drawing the journal of Iteb Taperedpages the Soaked Bowl of Paint- possibly the most famous dwarf in my fort. Famous to me, not really anyone else. :P

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:53 am »

That made me laugh. How can you have any squid eye if you don't eat your gorilla lung?!

Yeah, but the lungs of bipedal organisms that can laugh while both breathing IN and breathing OUT taste terrible.

I should have more of a comic soon, and possibly more Boss-Knight. Maybe even a request as well if someone posts a particularly humorous or Boss combat log or screen shot.
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 365