Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1226928 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2009, 10:00:54 am »

Sweet! My suggestion is he just needs some article of clothing obviously made from a cat. Possibly menacing with spikes.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2009, 11:17:47 am »

I tried.

An adventurer and ex-adventurer were attacking a clown fortress (had clown mod in my game), but when they got to the top floor of one of the towers my adventurer had her lungs and heart pierced by an acid pie. She bled to death, while my other adventurer who had been traveling with this one for a year slaughtered every other clown on the floor as if he were enraged. I resumed with him, then took and started using her armour and the sword she used in honor of her, the hero who had nearly purged all elves from the world.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »

That picture is amazing while high.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GAARRBBLFGRRLHHBAA Sometimes, when I don't get paid, I just feel like playing golf.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2009, 09:14:16 pm »

I apologize for the fact that nothing is dying a horrible death in the following artwork, as this seems to be the pattern here.

That right there is a darned fearsome dwarf. I love the style there Bralbaard!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:14 pm »

"I may be short, but that that just makes my aim better!"

*wink wink*

*shakes head in disgusts*

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2009, 08:42:08 am »

On Diethroat was in the midst of gutting the Elven forest retreat of Adamenadi.  Several of them had fled outside the town, however, and he was tracking one, an elven markswoman.  Finally, in the foothills north of the village, he caught up to her.  It seemed at first that she had the advantage; there was a lake in between them, and she had her bow and arrows.  As she raised them, On realised he only had one chance to strike before she fired potentially deadly arrows at him; pulling out one of the spears he had taken from the elves' corpses, he threw across the lake, hoping against hope it would work...

Spoiler: Due to width (click to show/hide)

Direct hit.  ;D

I probably shouldn't have wasted so much time on the trees... they don't look good anyway, except maybe the willow...
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2009, 08:47:07 am »

That's bleeding awesome.

Okay, the elf's just bleeding.

But awesome.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2009, 02:21:04 am »

Poor elves :( More importantly though, is that a glumprong second from the right?

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2009, 06:44:35 pm »

Poor elves :( More importantly though, is that a glumprong second from the right?

European ash, actually.  Or at least something that could be mistaken for a European ash if you squinted at it and had a good imagination.  This took place in a non-evil area (well, there are elves there, and they're rather evil ones - the most important thing they've done in history is constantly declaring war on the civ my human came from whenver they tried to resettle one of their towns and overwhelming them by sheer numbers, then slaughtering the inhabitants and having a victory feast), so no glumprongs.

Hmmm... what does a glumprong look like, I wonder?  The in-game symbol seems to imply that they don't have leaves at all, though my hideous failure to make a proper ash could be a glumprong instead, yes...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:47:17 pm by Judas Maccabeus »
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2009, 01:43:27 am »

Hmmm... what does a glumprong look like, I wonder?

I was wondering that, too. Whoever comes up with the design first seems to claim unoffical ownership until someone else draws something cooler. But trees don't seem to be a very popular subject for drawing so the glumprong remains a mystery (unless threetoe has described them in detail in one of his stories I've yet to read). I do know that the raws mention shifting shadows as a prefstring.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26:56 am »

Now I understand why, in some video tutorial or another, while discussing embarking, the tutor said '"Prepare Carefully" if you want to live'.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2010, 11:49:27 am »

I was starting an adventure game for the first time when i suddenly got a message that my adventurer was hungry. I found some berries and tried to pick them up, it didn't work and i ended up putting them on fire. I shortly after I discover a elven village. I walk around and enjoy myself when suddenly I get a lot messages about people dying.

turns out the fire spread to the village and killed a lot of them...
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2010, 01:02:09 pm »

Ah, people new to adventure mode get into the craziest situations.

Like committing genocide without noticing... ???
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

Yea, it's pretty fun.

Theres another incident I had, a bit more strange one actually.

I had spent my time robbing villages and decided to go to another continent to sell of my loot.

I had figured out a trick that if you traveled far enough on a land in adventure mode and then used the map to quicktravel you would start out in the sea allowing you to cross the waters quickly. I happened upon a beach and decided to travel along with it. Naturally I get hit by wave, and much to my surprise, started melting.

I panicked and tried to run away only to smelt completely and die a few steps inland.

What fun.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 365