Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: The New Flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Re: if you have something to add)  (Read 197786 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: The new flagship of the Dwarven Empire: (Megaproject In Progress)
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »

I thought I'd go ahead and continue with the large version, based on developments in your small version:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately those bricks don't come in brown.  Those panels on the side are the ones that actually open; the rest are just walls.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »

I see. Not bad so far. We can consider that a hi-res version. I'll keep working on mine to give further blueprints.

I chose the colors I'm using to make it easier to tell apart. I might paint it when I finish. I like the doorways, though I didn't intend to have windows there, but cool nonetheless.

Considering the scaling I'm using, I think the dwarven icons seem rather appropriate, being just the head.

Speaking of which, awesome lego dwarf.

PS- I noticed there are mindstorm items in the collection, allowing me to setup mechanisms. This lego-template is going to be riddled with detail. ;D Plus, I can plan how it'll all go down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2009, 12:02:52 am »

You know, I swear to god it'd be 1/4 as cheap if you were to print out the instructions, and then go buy the parts you need at the lego store. I'm pretty sure they're ripping you off with the designer program's pricing, macintosh style.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

You know, I swear to god it'd be 1/4 as cheap if you were to print out the instructions, and then go buy the parts you need at the lego store. I'm pretty sure they're ripping you off with the designer program's pricing, macintosh style.

This is true.
Not to mention all the pieces somebody might already have in their collection.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2009, 12:26:09 am »

they are not just selling you pieces they are selling you convenience of not having to get all of the piece separately and maybe not being able to find certain required pieces.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 12:27:32 am »

It's like paying over 100 dollars for 1 gig of ram.
You aren't paying for the ram itself, you're paying them to install it.

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 12:29:37 am »

gah, I work at a computer store and that made me cringe at the thought... then again I remember when ram was that much... and for apple its always that much XD
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2009, 12:43:24 am »

gah, I work at a computer store and that made me cringe at the thought... then again I remember when ram was that much... and for apple its always that much XD
Apple charges extortionate rates for everything.
It's really annoying.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2009, 01:02:26 am »

Interesting note: A 2X4 brick costs 39 cents, standalone. It seems the less common pieces cost more, even.

Anyway, yeah, Mac store is extortionate upon idiots. Dell store is pretty badly overpriced too- building your own computer is the way to go, IMO, even if you choose a vanilla set of parts, you can probably no-brainer in some more power with the saved money.

Of course, IRL there are people who simply can't be bothered to make their computers work, even if it's costing them hundreds of dollars. Building legos, on the other hand... I think most people can be bothered to hunt down their own parts.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2009, 01:27:50 am »

I must say, I approve of this idea for a megaproject. On the condition that it has cannons that fire Bullet Bills. Or just cannons in general.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2009, 01:34:48 am »

It has ballistae, doesn't it?

Not that there's anything to shoot at, but... you know.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2009, 01:44:04 am »

I must say, I approve of this idea for a megaproject. On the condition that it has cannons that fire Bullet Bills. Or just cannons in general.
Well, if anything, the ballistae can fire; and probably knock out any aerial beast in the sky. And for added effect, I might include retractable bridges (toggles by a lever next to ballista) to illustrate the anchor being launched/attached.

As a bit of an update on the Lego project: It's valued at 130.19 so far; and I have much of the 3rd deck setup, including mechanisms. Most of the boilers are built and it looks nifty. I even tossed in the screw pumps (and have them linked with the rest of the gearing (along with props)) and did some detail work on the ballistae. Not to forget, I'm tossing in as much gearing as possible, axles, levers, the works.

Sorry, no pic. I'll add it when I finish. BTW the windows are re-worked, and I have the bottom (2nd deck) propellers built.

It's looking good so far. Seeing as the machinery is rather complex, and it's a royal pain to reveal all once it's all finished; I'll update by the floor. It'll be put in the front page.

Don't worry, I'm going to get work done with the site as well. But the Lego are helping me plan this thing out. BTW, It may take me until Autumn or Winter for me to have the construction site ready according to my estimates.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2009, 01:47:50 am »

people should make mini versions of this as fighter plane type things.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2009, 01:54:16 am »

Okay, but we must be sure that there isn't a little red plumber dude plucking these guys from the sky just by jumping on them.

We must steal all the scepters of kings from all 8 kingdoms; and to prevent them from mandating a rescue, we'll turn them into animals.

I'll have some hammerdwarves in turtle armor set near those castles to stand guard just in case. Backup will be in those mini-airships armed with the scepters to further safeguard them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:57:47 am by Itnetlolor »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 05:30:47 am »

Damn, now we're gonna need to start making a Mario game in DF.  I think you've made quite a good start on Bowser's epic ship.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24